Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you more self conscious dancing dressed as a male or female?

Are you more self conscious dancing dressed as a male or female?

It occurred to me that I'm more self conscious dancing when in boy mode than girl mode. Once I danced in female mode, I realized that when in boy mode, I've been worried my dance movements were too feminine. When I dance dress as a female, I feel more free. How about others?

For me it is neither. Once I get up enough courage to dance, I dance like no one is watching me. That is the only way to dance.

I quit drinking over twenty years ago!
    Therefore, I quit dancing at the same time!

I'm a dancer so I do what I would normally do as a guy.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I dance feminine in either mode but don't care, it's all part of who I am and my self expression. The only difference is the choice of costume.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I'm dancing it's because I'm so drunk that this self is barely conscious!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

the happy camper
    Assuming it's something I can dance to, I am less self-conscious about dancing when I'm en femme. I guess that's because I'm in full-on exhibitionist mode, and actually want people to look at me.

I've done 90% of my dancing, and nearly all my dance lessons as Diane. Taking lessons en-femme is great fun!

When I'm in the "other" mode, I have to be very careful and think about what I do. As Diane, it's simply automatic and unself-conscious.

I'm way more self conscious in male mode actually. Dancing never felt natural to me, and like Cynthia Anne seems to, I as well have to get pretty tore-up to even set foot on the dance floor. As Celes, I don't mind it so much at all... then again, as Celes I pretty much feel like I can do anything really, so that's no huge surprise.
    With love,
    - Celes

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefia S View Post
    It occurred to me that I'm more self conscious dancing when in boy mode than girl mode. Once I danced in female mode, I realized that when in boy mode, I've been worried my dance movements were too feminine. When I dance dress as a female, I feel more free. How about others?
    I agree with this. Girls don't have to worry about being too masculine when they dance.. moving around and shaking your hips is hard to look masculine
    flicker on a TV screen... everything's more than it seems
    the mighty backward fall, stare at the lights on the wall
    and I swear to this - she felt like velvet

Personally I see no point in dancing if I can't express myself. If I can't express myself, I don't dance. Nobody's paying me money to do it. That said, I have been out with females and danced although I didn't feel like it. But I had a larger goal in mind. And that dancing in itself was also an expression of the mood I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    For me it is neither. Once I get up enough courage to dance, I dance like no one is watching me. That is the only way to dance.
    Except for my wedding day.. The last time I danced was out at the Half way bar on the road to Painsdale and Onteonogon with some local yoooper chick who was going to teach me how to polka!! Lol. Sound familiar, Eha?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I used to dance around the my married housing kitchen in Daniel Heights at dinner time waiting for the pasty to warm up when they only played polka music on the local station at that hour! I don't know why I could never get my wife to dance with me?

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I used to dance around the my married housing kitchen in Daniel Heights at dinner time waiting for the pasty to warm up when they only played polka music on the local station at that hour! I don't know why I could never get my wife to dance with me?
    Ohh yeah!!! . I was in DHH for 4 years ... And loved it when Polka Rondevue came one the radio!! God I miss pasties!! Over in Hancock at Kelevalas
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

As an added point, while I have just as much fun dancing either way, I do seem to "get away" with much more dancing en femme. Perhaps it's because others are seeing a "woman" dancing as opposed to a man.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i love to dance.. i am a very good dancer as a male if i may say so myself.
    i am still practicing dancing as a female. i end up just swaying my hips and doing a sexy look almost like a stripper LOL
    still need to work on it hehe
    Be Yourself

Like a stripper?

I thought that was just the way girls danced! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As bad a dancer as I am, the clothing doesn't make any difference!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Never have danced with anyone else, dressed up. Only have danced as a bloke. Would like to try it at least one time. My problem being so tall, is most of the gg's i danced with were a foot shorter than me. Looking forward to seeing what it is like to be the supertall lady, dancing with shorter blokes! I just hope the music is tolerable. Good music seems to have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

Depends on how short my skirt is. LOL.

Honestly, I am a horrible dancer. Self consciousness would preclude from dancing at all in any mode.

Well as far as freedom of movement is concerned, women have once again more latitude in this area. They can move their hips in very enticing ways, they can move their arms above their heads (I do this forsaking this stupid unwritten rule), and other sensual moves that men for some reason are not encouraged or allowed to do.

It is very fun to spin while wearing a loose flowing skirt.
    Last edited by Pythos; 06-22-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I am decidedly not a good dancer and am very much aware of it when dancing as a man. I am, however, much less self-concious about my dancing abilities as a woman and really enjoy dancing. There have been times when I've been the only person on the dance floor and I honestly didn't care, I was enjoying myself so much.

I anm not a good dancer in any mode BUT I do want to try flamenco dancing in a long dress and flamenco shoes at some point. Now all I have to do is find me a good instructor who will teach me while I'm en femme....olé!

Neither. Clumsy as a hippo in waders. I was forced to acknowledge this at an early age when, in ballroom dancing class, (this was in an era when Arthur Murray was still a big deal) girls fled my approach like doves flee a hawk. I also learned that it was more profitable to play music for dancers rather than be one, hence my first (and longest) career.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    For self conscious read S**T ,as a guy Im clueless with two left feet,Funny though I tend to dance pretty well en femme,not sure why that is

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The few times I've been out in full femme to TG nights like "Club Shine" here in LA, the one thing that I actually really loved about the experience was the dancing. I definitely will say I get much more into dancing as a girl than I ever do as a guy. For sure I feel less inhibited but also, it's just a lot more fun to dance with a swishy skirt or with my legs showing off. I'm sure I look like a uncoordinated rhino but I just don't care.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog