Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What got you into crossdressing?

What got you into crossdressing?

I know that this question has been asked numerous times, but I was curious to see if anyone got into crossdressing for reasons similar to my own. I first fell in love with long nails. I bought some Lee Press On Nails in glamour length and wore them whenever I could. In short, I had a nail fetish. Well, it's tough to go out as a guy with crazy long and feminine nails. The only way I could pull off the nails was to dress as a female. I was mostly into stripper platforms and kind of "****ty" clothing initially. But after a couple of makeovers, I saw that I had some potential. Now, I buy fashionable and trendy clothing. Gone are the stripper shoes. I've practiced my makeup and am getting better. Hope to post some pictures soon. So what got you into dressing?

I have always thought...and still do...that women's clothes...the variety, styles, colors, etc... are way cool.
    No closet is big enough!

I remember getting out of the bath one evening when I must have been 6 or 7 years old, and I went into my parents room and there was a pair of tights (pantyhose) and a skirt on the floor. I put them on, and was hooked. Also, I had a beautiful aunt who used to wear really lovely shoes, and I think she inadvertently got me interested in women's footwear!

Lipstick and high heels. Those are the "what" but I don't know "why". They were just something that I was attracted to and excited me a lot, long before I should have had even a twitch of a sexual impulse (which did come later - ha).
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 06-23-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: added

After years of my mother telling me I was supposed to have been a girl.... When I was 7.... I invaded her closet one night while she and dad were out. Just so happens it was right after my little sister was born! Coincidence?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

i got started with a pair of panties... but i also got hooked on the stripper platforms and the "****ty" clothing because thats all my friend had and let me borrow

Girls have better choices. Lingerie, nightgowns, panties, wow it even sound great ! In the wild it is the males with more colorful feathers and style.

I can't say what "got" me into crossdressing--as if there was a single incident or circumstance that sent me down a different path. I had a pervading sense, even in childhood, that womanhood was "right" for me, and that my designation as male was simply bad fortune. In time I learned how to be male, but all through the years I secretly grieved over that missed opportunity.

As far back as I can remember I was infatuated with certain women's clothing items and hairstyles. I remember even though "homosexuality" and everything that goes with it was almost never mentioned in polite company back when I was 6,7 or 8. There were sometimes drag queens and female impersonators on those cheezy old TV variety shows like Danny Kaye,Red Skelton,Ed Sullivan,Dean Martin,Hollywood Palace,Milton Berle(!)-(Uncle Miltie's original show was back a couple of years before I was born but he came back for awhile in 1966! Not only did he have the guests,he dressed,too!). It must've been in 1964 or 1965,before puberty,that it dawned on me I was one of those people at age 8.
    I knew I should make the best of it as the opportunity arose to get the clothes and stuff as I got older.

I was walking out of church one day, and one of those roving CD gangs grabbed me. The rest is history.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    I was walking out of church one day, and one of those roving CD gangs grabbed me. The rest is history.
    Too funny. Thanks for the replies. I didn't always love the clothes, but I do now. Shoes are my second love after nails.

I started on a dare from a cousin. He dared me to wear panties and a dress. I was seven years old and scared but I did it anyway. The panties were pink and silky smooth and the dress was a summer dress, yellow with red and green flower print. I was hooked as soon as I felt the smoothness of the panties against my skin and saw how the dress flowed when I walked.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

When I was about 5 years old I saw a pair of my sisters panties laying around and just had an uncontrollable urge to try them on. They were light blue nylon and I loved the silky feel when I put them on. I was hooked immediately and this started me trying on other things of hers. I've always been drawn to the feel of the clothes more than creating the female illusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As a kid I was for a few years interested in wearing my mom's clothes. I don't feel like that has much to do with my crossdresssing now, because when I crossdress now it is actual a sexual urge, and it certainly wasn't that when I was 6 or 7. I first got started on my modern-day crossdressing when a female friend of mine told me I had a nice ass and would look good in a thong.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I simply decided at an early age that it was easier and more satisfying to become the woman of my desire than to pursue the perfect woman. I become the over endowed kinky **** of my dreams every time I dress. And I just love it!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I got into a playful naked "fight" with an ex-girlfriend when I was about 20 years old (I am 33 now). She took off her bra and panties, threw them at me, and suggested that I put them on. So, I did. I have been hooked ever since.

I just stumble on my moms pantyhose and tried them on. And...they just felt so smooth and soft on my skin. I tried her heels and dresses to go with the pantyhose (kinda like a snowball effect) and i liked what i seen in the mirror and i was hooked
    [SIZE="3"]"The Girl with no name now has a name,... Farrah Rose " [/SIZE]

I always loved women's shoes since I was a boy, and hated that the one guys had to pick from were boring. My ex-wife indulged me and let me try some, then I was hooked. She didn't mind that I was exploring that side of me, and was a little jealous that I could wear heels that she couldn't wear. She even painted my toenails a couple times. We split for reasons other than crossdressing, but she gave me some of her wrap skirts and we remain friends. More recently, I got my ears pierced, and bought some dresses and a denim skirt.

Banned Read only
    I'm not sure of the 1st time but I was 12/13. I used to try my mums panties at first then her tights, bras until eventually everything. I loved the feel of the clothes on my skin and the feeling wearing them gave me. I still feel the same way today over 30 years later.

Amazing Member
    My First Inkling
    When I was around 12 years old, I noticed how the housedresses my mother used to wear to clean the house, hanging up in the basement laundry corner, had a magnetic attraction for me, as they radiated the powerful essence of the feminine. Then, I began to get fascinated with bras freshly washed, in the laundry basket. I fantisized, and within a few years I was trying on women's clothes on the sly.

I was 8 years old when I started. I always had a predisposition to crossdress, there was no single seminal or pivotal moment, I looked for any opportunity I could.

My female cousins, who were roughly my age, always engaged in fashion, and they bragged about it, and I became jealous.My mom even got a couple of boxes of hand-me-downs from my cousins, and in there I went. I tried on everything.

....beats guys' clothes........boring.

I have no problem being a guy.....I just don't want to look like one .

I started out by 'borrowing' my sister's panties and wearing them under my clothes, but what really got me hooked was the first time I tried on a bra. I think I was about 7 or 8, and from then on, I found it impossible to NOT want to wear girl's clothes.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

My dog ate my boy clothes. Seriously, though, I got me into it. It just always seemed like the natural thing for me to do.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Genetics/Hormones. Something inately biological.

I don't really remember what got me started. But it sure is fun.