Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pushing the Envelope

Question Pushing the Envelope

Okay, so you are, for whatever reason, totally in the closet.

But you can’t help but push that envelope just a little bit more: pluck your eyebrows just a little thinner… grow your finger nails out just a little longer… epilate your arm/leg hair and then wear shorts and sleeveless tops… pierce both of your ears… wear toe rings and go bare foot…

Nothing totally feminine by itself, but it could start to make people wonder.

I am in the closet to everyone but my wife and I have done everything in the paragraph above but pierce my ears (and I really, really want to !). How about the rest of you closeted crossdressers? Do you push the envelope too?
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Well, I recently pierced my ears. Not sure if that is totally a crossdressing thing though but I woke up one morning and had an urge to get it done so I did. Found out that not one person noticed or at least if they did, they were too polite to say anything.

I frequently let my nails grow out to the point it affects my typing. However, I started noticing that my late night excursions have been getting earlier and earlier lately. As my name implies I usually go out fully dressed or at least in heels and a skirt late at night after dark. So for me that is pushing the envelope a bit. I usually sit on my porch or go out for a drive. I've even pulled an all nighter at work a few times while en femme. The porch however sits right next to the side walk and allows for an excellent view for any passers-by.

Melissa

I probably push it more than I should. Always smooth all over, nails on the long side for a guy and clear polish, etc.

The nails are an odd thing. I bit my nails all of my life, but after I came out to my wife and started exploring CDing more fully I stopped biting them. Maybe it was a stress thing. I file them occasionally, but I'm always afraid of falling back into old habits so they stay longer than normal.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My envelope exploded years ago.... Though not officially out at work I think a lot of people know or suspect but no one cares. Long nails. Plucking and shaving and light makeup.. Jewelry and womens shoes. Corset just about full time. Pink desk accessories. Pink ties. Pink shirts.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Totally in the closet.
    I always tend to let my nails grow longer than I should, but more because I just hate the feeling os short nails.
    I shaved my legs over my Xmas vacation, but has since grown back, so I shaved everything from the legs up recently, kept up with it for a bit, but it is now growing back too.
    I let my hair grow for awhile too, but started getting grief from my management.
    Painted my toe nails a very unoticable lilac.

All these things I would have never done a year ago although I longed to, I'm pushing my envelope alot lately.

Gold Member
    Call me MS. Chicken; The only way I push the envelope is to under dress with fem Jeans,(Sorry Karren)
    panties and some times a bra, when I can wear a heavy shirt to hide the strap lines.
    My closet is so big, and air tight. The deal with my Wife, who allows me to dress at home all I want,
    is not to embarrass her in any way. So I respect her wishes, and deal with it.
    If I did go out, I would look like the guy in the old Charmin commercial on TV many years ago. LOL
    Rader

I've pushed things recently if only to start giving cues to those who matter. I've had comments about my super thin eyebrows, sudden lack of arm and leg hair, and I have been wearing girl pants. So far its raised a lot of questions that I am not ready to answer.

I pushed the envelope by epilating my body including my arms.
    Everything was fine for ages.
    And then, one day my daughter gave me a long look and said Dad, have you shaved your arms? I said I had epilated them. Then I was asked if I epilated my legs. Yes I said. And your body? Yep.
    Now I waited in trepidation for the next question. But it did not come.
    That was several months ago. Think I got away with it.

SUZY

I've been shaving my legs for decades and in all that time only 2 people ever said anything - in both cases I just let it pass and nothing ever became of it. I've started shaving my arms about 9 months ago and it's a real PITA because it grows back so fast. The good news is that it only take a few seconds to shave them again. I've been plucking my eyebrows and shaving my chest for about 20 years and nobody has ever said a thing. It helps that I have really light hair to begin with.

During my laser treatments to my beard I noticed a lot of male clients and the people running the place said that they get quite a few men that have their entire bodies treated and plenty of chests, backs and arms.

I don't think most of the basics (missing hair) are too far out of the norm for many men these days so it's pretty easy to do. The only thing I haven't done yet is get my ears pierced but only because I've waited so long that I'll have to endure some awkward attention from my kids...but clip-on hurt and nice ones are hard to find. :-)

I tried epilating my arms and would not do it again - it's painful and after laser and electrolysis on my face I know more about the perils of pulling hair. I may have my arms and chest treated at the electrologist but it's very painful and takes forever so shaving isn't all that bad.

I am constantly pusing the same envelopes. I do not think I am trying to clue the clueless in, but I just want to express my own femininity as much as I can. My wife has even offered to pierce my ears but I am not ready for any comments or professional problems from doing so.

Legs are shaved, ears pierced, sometimes I wear polish on my nails, and sometimes I even wear perfume.
    DonnaT

Trying to push the envelope at home first, where my wife knows, but seems to only be comfortable with me wearing panties. I'm planning on buying a body hair trimmer so I can finally be smooth again(something I found amazing before I realized what it meant to me), but even then she didn't seem to be into that idea. So I say unto you, you push the envelope further than I, fellow closeted CD.

I am on the closet but been shaving my whole body for about two years thought I wear long sleeves and never shorts because I should avoid sun exposure because of an skin condition, on that matter very few people notice even some ask why I wear long sleeves on 100 degree weather...I've been waxing and shaping my eyebrows for more than a year, sometimes I do them very thin for guy mode that's when I feel that I push the envelope a little bit because you can tell the diference on how fem eyebrows can make you look.

I am currently in the closet but I started shaving my legs earlier this year and plan on getting my eyebrows threaded very soon.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I push the envelope probably once a week at work. I'll wear my girl jeans with embellished pockets, Women's shoes, corset to give me some curves (daily), polished finger nails in light pink with my ring finger a contrasting color (this week hot pink with silver shatter), My toes are always painted something fun (this week a combination of lady bugs and Japanese beetles), mascara (daily), and lip gloss (daily). My nails are long for a guy. Both of my ears are pierced and I wear girly diamond studs (they were my mothers). My brows are thinned and trimmed. I wear the thinnest knee highs I have found (daily) and no longer wear socks. I wear a silky type lace panties daily as well. I've only told a few close GG's and my wife. Other's I'm sure wonder what the hell has gone on with me since winter as that's when I started down this road. This has been a new hobby I thoroughly enjoy it and don't plan to stop anytime soon. I'm not worried about what others think of me as I am happy. Work hasn't said anything negative but I'm sure if I were to wear a skirt or blouse something might be. So I'm happy where I'm at on an almost daily basis and there isn't too much more I can push without going to work fully dressed.

At first my wife was worried about what friends might say. To date, no one seems to care as I've always been a bit odd and I'm still the same person they have always known. I talk to everyone the same and everyone still treats me the same. Life is short, and I know it and take full advantage of it now.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm TOTALLY in the closet, Mina. But, have NO INTEREST in doing any of those things! I'm fortunate to have little or no visible body hair. Except in ears and nose. Which I DO trim.

My face, hands, and hair r so old and homely, that nail polish and makeup r a complete waste of time and energy, (think- lipstick on a pig!)!

I mask them when I dress! Ok, some folks call hand masks, gloves, and hair masks, wigs!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Plucking/Waxing: Yes
    Long nails: Yes
    Shiny nails: Yes but I try to be discrete
    Smooth: Well, until summer. My concession is the forearms and legs to the knee (below the limit of shorts) are "native, but maintained"
    Pierced ears: That would be crossing the line
    Toe do-dads: Mine are ugly. I try not to draw attention to them
    Long hair: Yes
    Underdressed: Yes
    Fem clothes: if I can get away with it
    Bra: Again, crossing the line
    Mascara, concealer, tinted moisterizer (plus a ton of other skin-care stuff you don't even see)
    Body spray

Pushing the envelope is something I do whenever I get the chance.. I have long nails and hair, smooth shaved all over except for the arms which I keep trimed down really short. May try removing the hair sometime soon with nair and see how that goes.. Finger nails are always at least painted with a shinny clear polish and toes with some type of color. I wear womens jeans, or shorts often and panties most all the time. Use only womens antipesperant and body creams and depending on if I am around someone I know or not I may wear a little perfume. I have been shaving my legs chest and everything else for years and love the smooth sexy feeling. If I am out of town then I will be fully dressed with makeup, heels and all as it feels so natural now that my hair is long enough to style in a girly style and wear it down.

So I guess I might not really be in the closet that much just to the ones close to me that I don't want to know about my fem side.. Lets say in the closet with the door wide open and one foot and a sexy leg out...

lol

Aspiring Member
    Although still somewhat in the closet but have taken some baby steps out as a woman, I have pushed the envelope a few times by leaving here completely dressed as a woman and have stopped at the end of driveway to walk across the road to get my mail in the daylight where as before I have always gone out when the sun was going down. I hope to start laying in the sun wearing my womens swimsuit.

Aspiring Member
    I am a high school coach and physical education teacher. The weather in North Texas is moderately warm/hot for 7 of the 10 months of the school year. My regular school attire consists of golf shorts and a polo, short socks and running shoes. I have shaved my legs for over 15 years, have my ears pierced (dbl in both ears) and wear either just one in the left ear and sometimes one in both ears. My eyebrows are waxed and plucked every two weeks, my hair is now shoulder length (pulled back in a ponytail for work) and I have worn clear acrylic nails for the past two years. Occasionally I will get a comment about my nails, especially when I have to write a hall/bathroom pass but really not much is said at least where I can hear it. High school girls notice almost everything but I doubt that they put it all together. By the way, I am a varsity girls coach with over 50 student athletes in my program. Pushing the envelope, only if I let them do my makeup and hair!

I'm in the closet but I'm purposefully not doing a good job covering it up. I don't want people to be too surprised when I finally come out.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I'm growing my hair out; my fiancee likes my hair long, something that lets me make her happy while secretly making me happy, too. I've also been growing out my nails, mainly through breaking my habit of biting them.

I have shaved my legs & other body areas in the past, and would gladly do so again if I didn't think my fiancee would throw a fit. As for ear-piercing...well, she doesn't even have pierced ears, so for me to get them would be a real stretch! (Though it would be kinda nice...I bought her this nice pair of earrings before I realized her ears weren't pierced, and they've just been gathering dust all this time...)
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I believe that pushing the envelope in male mode is the only way for us to make progress. If we cower in the closet, we never make progress like our gay brothers and sisters. Our gay brothers and sisters got out there and showed the word that they are proud and that they are not going back into the closet. Why can't we follow suit and get out there and "push the envelope"? Why are we so closeted and fearful as compared to gay folks? In my case, whenever I am not at work, I wear fem items in male mode. Those items include: Purse (even at work), fem hair style and color(also at work), shaved arms and legs (also at work), clear nail polish on fingers (also at work), red toenails (only when not at work), fem sandals/shoes (only when not at work). Let's get out there and be proud of who we are and make a difference.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

^ Closeted =/= fearful. Some people simply don't want to get out and about. And please try not to compare us to gays, that's a big problem that we're trying to stop.

I push the envelope as far as I can without feeling uncomfortable or trying to pass, which I find too challenging, with no quantifiable reward for me.

Today I'm wearing a black ladies tank top, and a pair of cut-off Tilt jeans. They aren't cut off to the point of being Daisy Dukes, I left about 4" of inseam, but they're clearly girls jeans to almost any female. Underneath, I'm wearing satin string bikini undies with a floral print, and prominent VPL's. I act like there's nothing to look at, and only the occasional female looks too hard. To me that isn't a big deal.