Thread: Higher Heels

Higher Heels

I've been wearing 3 inch heels for the past several years and have had no problems walking in them. I recently decided to try 4 inch heels. I'm having problems walking in them - I never dreamed that an additional inch would make that much difference. Is it just me or have others experienced the same thing? Will things get better with practice?

Cyan

Sure, practice makes perfect with shoes, just like anything else...

But my experience has been the same - that inch makes a Hell of a difference, and I've decided that 2 1/2", 3" max is what I'm comfy with...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

1" can make a huge difference. I've got some 4" heels too. They look great, but are really tough for walking any long distances in or dancing. I only wear them for fairly special occassions where I won't be walking farther than across a fairly small parking lot. I think to really get used to the 4" ones, I would have to wear them every day for quite awhile to stretch my leg muscles enough. I don't have the time to do that, so my 3" heels will just have to do - and they look pretty good anyway.
    Phoebe

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I actually have some 5 inch black patent pumps with pointed toes but obviously I only wear them for fun around the house. I can walk in them but it does take practice and a certain amount of tolerance for pain.

My wife Marla bought me them for Christmas, before that I had a similar pair but only 3 1/2 inches high. My advice to you Cyan is just keep wearing them as often as you can and for as long as you can. If you don't get used to them and only wear them once in a while, in my opinion, you won't ever be totally comfortable when you wear them.

Good luck
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    i started out in 4 inch heels
    it also helps that i have a great sence of ballance

Hi Cyan
    4" heels can be a killer if you on your feet all day.
    as perviously said practice is the key.

Remember they do make legs look longer.
    (no pain no gain. lol )

The things we do for love and beauty
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Most of my shoes are 3" fine no problems but I just got a 4" pr a few weeks ago thay are just fine a little bit harder but no real problems around the house that is untill I had a power cut and had to go out in the shoes I had on then things changed my nice 4" stileto heals became the the most unstable shoes trying my best to walk down a ramp at the filling station was most well what can I say this has got to have a lot more practice before I go out in them again
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Practice, practice, practice!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I have little problem with mine, I just have to take a shorter stride.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by cyancd
    I've been wearing 3 inch heels for the past several years and have had no problems walking in them. I recently decided to try 4 inch heels. I'm having problems walking in them - I never dreamed that an additional inch would make that much difference. Is it just me or have others experienced the same thing? Will things get better with practice?

Cyan
    [SIZE="3"]Practice make perfect don`t they say well i have a problem walking highheels my self i can get away with 3inch but 4inch are also a problem i think you need to plenty of practice. i have found this site which gives the pitfalls of wearing highheels

http://jennyspage.co.uk/wearing.htm#contents
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]Jenny ~ x ~

My Group on Yahoo

Cyan:

I have found that for me, 4" heels are fine but they have to have a slightly thicker heel surface in order to really be walkable. Stillettos still require a fair amount of my attention as to foot placement. You didn't say what your heels look like - if they are stillettos I think you will find a big difference with a thicker heel at 4".

I do prefer a 3" heel for longer term wear.

Missy Anne

Quote Originally Posted by cyancd

Cyan
    Hi Cyan,

I agree with all the advice so far but I would add one further comment. I can and do wear heels up to 5.5 inches (although not for anything too active or walking any distance) but I have found huge differences in the degree of comfort. I think very small differences in the manufacture of shoes with higher heels affects the part of your foot which takes most of the weight. I have found some 4 and 5 inch heels unbearable but some I can wear for hours.

I also find court shoes easier to walk in than sandals and slingbacks perhaps because my feet are held more securely.
    [SIZE="4"]
    Take care,

Emma
    [/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    It's a case of practice makes perfect!
    If you want the good stuff from wearing high heels (legs, skirt, butt!) you've got to bare the pain sister!

Love Angela XX

4" of 5" heels can be problem until you get used to them. If I'm going out that particular day I usually wear 3", or even less sometimes. But if I'm staying home I almost always wear 4" or 5" heels, which I keep on for the whole day. It does take practice but I'm very comfortable wearing them now.
    Kisses, Linda

4 inch is my favorite heel height. I have some 3 and 5 inch too.
    Never had problems walking in 4 or 5 inch heels, but 3 inch kind of feels flat. I can walk really far in 4" heel. 2" heel feels like I'm wearing no heels at all... Weird, huh If I could wear heel on dayly basis, I would wear 4 inch all the time

I own nothing but 5-7" heels Mostly plattform styles.I have no proublem with walking in them or dancing not only tha e stance factor comes into play but it also gives my feet the aperance of looking smaller. but as some of the other girls have said it takes lots patiance and practice to master walking in them xxxxxx

The real key for us is that we do not usually live in high heeled shoes. I normally wear 6" heels with no platform but if I have gone without high heels for a long time, it can be a challenge. If higher heels are what you love, its just a matter of practice, practice, practice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have never really tried anything very high.. My wife doesnt even wear anything higher than a couple inches at the most.