Thread: Canada Border Crossing in Feme ???

Canada Border Crossing in Feme ???

Has anybody driven accross the Canada Border and used your "male" passport while traveling in Feme mode? Obviously the picture will not match my appearance and was wondering if this was going to cause trouble.

I really dont want to strip off my face just to cross the border and then pull over afterwards and put my face and wig back on... Thanks
    Vicky from Michigan

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i have had some not so pleasant border crossings from US into Canada and I am not hiding anything. I certainly wouldn;t do it

Personally i would not try to cross any border in anything other than what i look like in my identity photos as you are going to make them suspicious of you straight away .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I cross the border 4 times a week or more. Sorry dear but make yourself drab to cross. I have seen some mighty scary things happen at the border up to and including have a gun stuffed in your face as you are stripped searched. Better safe than sorry.

When I think about it.. it's because were males. I mean women change hair style and color all the time. Some also have an assortment of wigs. Doesn't look anything like thier drivers license or passport. Some wear make-up for thier "photo shoot" and then don't have any on most of their regular life. So, why not hasstle them for their fashion choices at the boarder? It's go to be that little "M" on the liccense or passport that causes all the problems. Damn those "M"'s

Border gaurds have no sense of humor, no tolerance, no need to please, and freedom to search you from your curly hair to polished your polished toes just because.

I for one am glad. They are our first line of defense against any and all threats.
    No need to have any pretty little Canndian CD's down here competing for my dress size.

I have a cousin who is in the border patrol in Michigan and suggested NOT going in anything but drab. They will pull you in and search you and your car. And explains it can get pretty ugly when they search you and sometimes rip your car apart.

As the twig is bent... Leslie Foxx's Avatar
    When I was staying in Montreal while my partner had her SRS in May, a friend visited from Vermont. She is just beginning to transition. She had no problems with Canadian customs on the way up, and no problem with US customs on her return trip. En femme in both directions with no hassles. She does carry a letter from her shrink advising of her status, but never had to show it.

As always, your mileage may vary.
    [SIZE="3"]Leslie[/SIZE]

"In these shoes?"

a bit nutty
    I wouldn't take chances, you'll be anxious and that in itself will raise alarms. I frequently cross the US/Canada border. Most of the time they are straightforward and professional. Sometimes they go on a power trip, are outright miserable, rude, and even mean. You likely could cross over the border without too much trouble dressed, with makeup on. They'll just squint really hard to see if the picture is really you and send you on your way. However you might get one of those miserable border guards on the wrong day and could end up being intentionally humiliated without a legal leg to stand on. I feel that coming over to Canada isn't so much the problem, it's getting back to the Sates. I find the American border guards to be much too intense for my comfort in drab, let alone enfemme.

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Never crossed the border dressed but I did have a funny occurrence on the way back to the US from a business trip there. They decided that my carry on luggage had to be checked by the border guards. As he rummaged through my stuff, he came upon some spike heels (much like my avatar) wrapped in a skirt. He immediately looked up at me. I shrugged and said "Some days you just have to slip into something comfortable after work". He smiled. I zipped up my stuff and went to the gate.

Silver Member
    If your passport is up to date and you are who you say you are you will have no problems.

BUT, as some have said, border guards have almost unlimited power to hassle you, and there is NOTHING you can do about it.

I am an older lady and my eyesight is poor at night. I once drove into the wrong lane at a border crossing and was hassled for almost three hours as punishment.

But I have been through the US/Canadian border hundreds of times with no problems, so I guess I just caught one on a bad day.

Stephie

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Why take the chance?...........the evidence here seems to warrant not crossing "pretty".....

I have crossed the border several times over the pst 15 years and never once had a problem. My wife was with me on every crossing and ready to educate the guard if there was a problem.
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

I have yet to cross the border either way enfemme.

However, why not send an email to Immigration Canada and get the information direct from them.

Canada is actually quite progressive, and you may be surprised.

Do let us know if you drop them a not, and their response.

Pat
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Did it once coming back from Fantasia Fair, but that was before 9/11. No problems at all showing by male ID. Since I'm Canadian, there is no way they can denial me eventual entrance to my country.

Had the Canadian Customs agent ask me while I was bringing back two suitcases this spring coming back from Diva Las Vegas. I just told them the truth that I was at a crossdressing convention and was dressing for two. She went "Oh" and sent me on my way.

I know TxKimberly has flown pretty across the U.S./Canada border a few times when she works on machines here in the Great White North.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Silver Member
    I have done it 3 times pre-9/11, twice with me and a friend both dressed and once with me drab and her dressed on our way to Toronto. First time we were stopped by Canadian customs and they searched her car and questioned us. Second time was uneventful, third time we were harassed for a bit coming back into the US; we all had male IDs and didn't realize we were dressed ("Hey, why are you guys wearing wigs?"), then took a look at me in a skirt and asked why I was dressed that way (she was in jeans and a plain top, and I think he didn't realize she was dressed en femme.) He eventually got flustered and let us go. I don't know if he was really alarmed by something, or it was just the fact it was late at night and he was just bored (I suspect the latter.)

I am sure things are worse now after 9/11 and to be honest I would not try crossing dressed again. I have no desire to be harassed again while dressed and vulnerable (especially by the US side I am sad to say.)

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
    I have crossed the border several times over the pst 15 years and never once had a problem. My wife was with me on every crossing and ready to educate the guard if there was a problem.
    It is only recently that an American citizen needs to show a passport to cross between the US and Canada. I've made that crossing many times over the years, and was never asked for any id...just what my citizenship, residence, and purpose of the visit is...but things are different now. I'd highly recommend looking like the picture on you passport...some hassles are well worth avoiding.
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!

My experience of Canadian border guards would suggest that you could have problems. I like Canadians but the people they employ as border guards seem to have major personality problems. Then again that may be a requirement for the job.

Don't try anything!!!! Those border guards are a real P.I.T.A.!!! It seems that being able to be an a$$#*!& and being able to cause grief to others, is required to be a border guard.

Follow your dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Rose View Post
    My experience of Canadian border guards would suggest that you could have problems. I like Canadians but the people they employ as border guards seem to have major personality problems. Then again that may be a requirement for the job.
    Agree 100%. I've actually had crap while in drab mode just for having female clothing in my luggage!!!

Vicky

As a frequent crosser of the boarder between US and Canada .. I wont NOT recommend trying to cross en femme.
    I have enough hassles crossing dressed a male.. Don't push things .. you might not want the hassles that go along with it!