Thread: Where are we

Banned Read only

Where are we

For years I have gone to all the places everybody else goes but I don't see any CDers or androgenist people, and I look. Are we more of a minority and closeted than this forum might cause members to think. Gays and lesbians claim five to ten percent and I spot them but never a CD, is it the same for you?

That's because we blend in so damn good! Lol. I see a few. But then again I'm not really looking or really care to look.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Totally the same. Ran into two CD's in different dress stores over the last 8 years. Both from way out of town. Pretty quiet out here.
    At the same time I have not made any attempt to join any local organizations or frequent any lgbt bars/nightclubs.

I have had exactly the same thought myself Deebra. I have only ever spotted two.
    This subject has been covered here before and it became clear that nobody really knows how many C.D.ers there are.
    It might be that there are very few of us. Which makes us even more special, yes?
    I also think that members that claim that there are lots of us and most are hiding is wishful thinking.

SUZY

We are out there but in disguise. Most of us are dressed to look like that woman you just saw crossing the street. If we are not in disguise we look like a regular guy.
    I have seen a few and I have, I think seen a few others that I wasn't so sure about. It can be hard even for those of trained and experienced in picking out the CD in the crowd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Lightbulb

It is because the overwhelming majority of CD's are so far in the closet that they will never see the light of day. Sad, but true.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

The best place to spot cds is in the women's clothing section of stores. Although they may be in guy mode, they are not shopping for their wives. Just watch the way they feel fabrics or hold up a blouse to see its pattern. They are obviously shopping for themselves.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Dawn may have answered you in the best possible way. You can really spot the CD's in the womens clothing department. The rest of them, which is probably the majority, you will never spot because they blend in!! Those who have been going out in public for some time know how to look like the woman they are portraying. I used to do that when my late wife was still alive and she did my makeup and fixed my wig. Now that she is gone, I still dress totally enfemme and go out, but looking like the man that I am!! No wig and no makeup!! Nobody seems to care at all. Unless you dress to really make a point, people aren't going to pay much attention!! BTW, I have been a CD'er for over 60 years!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

How many Baptists have you seen? How many government workers? How many women who are not married? Have you seen a lot of off duty police? And how many gays and lesbians?

You can't tell by looking who is what. You haven't seen many TG's dressed because as in real life they don't always wear ball gowns or tutus. The closeted ones will remain closeted, til they figure out NO ONE CARES in general (unless you shop 7/11 in a ball gown or tutu...because face it real women don't do that either). Like me for instance, did you see me today? I had on women's (well they came from the women's department) sandals and shorts. My top had been worn by my wife when she was in public so I guess it would pass as androgynous. I saw half the women I stared at didn't wear make up and that when I looked closely at the men they didn't either but I really could not look close because they sort of looked angry. I saw ONE woman in strappy sandals with heels and maybe 6 in dresses or skirts.

Point is you saw many people today. They fit all walks of life, you may have even seen a criminal on America's most wanted. I agree we need to be more present in who we are. I don't think being "in your face" is the way to do it.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've seen a few! But I mind my own business! I live and let live!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I see a CDer once in a while and some times if my wife an I are together she will comment quietly " Is that a man or woman? " -- so I think if you are not really looking that the trend to "blend" is working for most. At Harvey's Comedy Club in Portland a few weeks ago there were 4 or 5 in front of us -- rather large ladies very nicely and apporpriatly dresses; however unlike all the other ladies no idol chit chat and they were sitting all in a row apposed to around a table socializing -- very quiet. I suspected and noticed but I had a vantage view point -- I am sure they were all quiet nicely accepted as how they presented.

Usually the ones that get noticed are the obvious and sometimes a stray perv that gets lumped in with CDers -- that makes my skin crawl!! -- but there are more than we think!...............Debra

Glamazon
    Well, my gay roommate freshman year went out in drag for Halloween, but the only known CDer I've seen was at a BDSM play party. The latter guy is actually the one who inspired me to stop repressing my own tendencies.

-Amelia

I have over the years seen quite a few CDers. I know how to look and what to look for. There is only one that I tried to approach but didn't succeed. I am talking now of CDs that are dressed.
    You have to remember CDs are concentrated here. The USA is a large country and we are spread out very thinly indeed. probability of seeing one is slight after all but we are out there.

The statistic is that 1% of men CD. Of those, probably 90% are closeted. So, only one out of 1000 women you see in public is actually a crossdresser. If they are good at it, you won't see her either.

Now, you can improve your chances by frequenting places that CDers like. Clothing stores leap to mind. My wife and I have occasionally seen someone that we thought might be a CDer, but there is no absolute way to be sure. GGs with masculine characteristics probably outnumber CDers!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    The statistic is that 1% of men CD. Of those, probably 90% are closeted. So, only one out of 1000 women you see in public is actually a crossdresser. If they are good at it, you won't see her either.

Now, you can improve your chances by frequenting places that CDers like. Clothing stores leap to mind. My wife and I have occasionally seen someone that we thought might be a CDer, but there is no absolute way to be sure. GGs with masculine characteristics probably outnumber CDers!
    That’s a good point Erin.
    Is there any chance you could tell me where that statistic came from please?
    I don’t doubt your info. I am just interested in the source.

Thanks, SUZY

Go to the bottom of the page and you will get a State by State number of cross dressers on line in one day , just for curiosity i done a search for CDs in my part of the UK and was surprised to see how many are on there looking for CD contacts so if you take into account that not all CDs are looking for contacts then that number will rise even more which means that there must be one hell of a lot about .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I wear Bali Skimp Skamp panties under my slacks every day. I also wear knee high nylons under my socks, most days (except on those rare occasions that Texas weather allows pantyhose to feel good). Unless the panties leave VPL how would anyone seeing me have any idea I am cross dressing?
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!