Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sayin goodbye.......

Sayin goodbye.......

...... To my beautiful nails!!! Sigh.... Going to clip them off... Just to keep peace in the family. My wife noticed them last night. Don't know how she couldn't since I accidentally jabbed her in the arm with them! Lol. Dumb dumb!! But it was a fun couple weeks with them nice and long... Taking those vitamin D supplements really helps!! 4 coats of matte clear polish!! They feel amazing!! Ohh well!

Here's what they look like. - http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4478824_n.jpg

Just wondered is anyone else able to fly under the radar with their SO and how long does it take for her to notice?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren, you have great nails - everyone is going to notice. But isn't that the point of having great nails - you want people to notice? Unless, of course, it's your wife's new divorce lawyer.

Wendy

Whew! I thought you were dissappearing for good. Lol! This forum would be an awfully dull place if you did.

It's always hard to give up something you've worked at. I'm not a fingernail person, my lifestyle is too rugged, and it's hard to play guitar with long fingernails.
    I do get pedis, though not in deep summer when I'm out in sandals everyday. July/August is off-season for me.

She's objecting to that length? What does she want, cut back to the quick?

Sorry, I understand the need for marital harmony, but those nails are well within the range for well-groomed men! Mine are about the same length, but not nearly so good looking due to years of nail-biting.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I agree, I let mine grow longer than that, and I never tought a thing about it. that's the length I start biting them :-)
    I may have to reconsider now that I see how nice they look!
    Last edited by Meredy; 07-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.

I just started to grow mine and polish them. I have a lot of work before mine look as good as yours (did... sorry).

kind of weird to clip them, see if you can just trim them off and keep the clear coat... worth a shot.

That title made me a little sick to my stomach! It scared me so! You have beautiful naiils and hands Karen! Sorry to here that they must go! WOW! What a week! First my hair now your beautiful nails! I don't think I can handle anything else this week!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I paint my toe nails...not bright colors, but pale pinks...barely noticeable..My wife noticed...doesn't like it...but accepts it...She doesn't know about the other side of me (Jackie).
    I visited the Physical therapists office this afternoon..Two of the women who work there know of my prediliction...It's fun bantering with them..They like my toes..
    Karren..love your hands...lovely smooches Jackie
    Jackie

I would have thought that she would have noticed your breast growth. How are you keeping that from her?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My nails have been that length for many years. My dear late wife would have had a temper tantrum is I had them any shorter. And mine are always a shade of pink!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Junior Member Iloveacrossdresser's Avatar
    Introduced my SO to a nail buffer the other day! He thought it was magic, loved the look of the shiny nails!

Rather than clip them, why not file them back a bit and see if that will suffice? With your tips like they are, any amount of filing will make a visible difference. As you said in the other thread every one of us is in a closet of some sort, but I didn't expect yours to be a nail closet!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

Sorry, I understand the need for marital harmony, but those nails are well within the range for well-groomed men! Mine are about the same length, but not nearly so good looking due to years of nail-biting.
    In a family of nail bitters.... Mine look amazingly too feminine for her taste!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    My heart is wrenching, I am choking on my own tears.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry for your nails going bye bye! I would be just about puking if I where in your shoes.
    Just LOVE being censored! Why have a forum if you can't speak your mind!
    https://www.facebook.com/glorenz2

Semi Sane innocent angel
    At first I thought this was joke. Karren leaving us is like the all 7 seals being broken.

Tell your wife you want to make your nails like this
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2661941...in/photostream
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2661941...in/photostream
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Karren; Tell her that they are just rite size for picking ones nose. LOL
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    That title made me a little sick to my stomach! It scared me so! You have beautiful naiils and hands Karen! Sorry to here that they must go! WOW! What a week! First my hair now your beautiful nails! I don't think I can handle anything else this week!Hugs!
    Yeah!!! Bad week all the way around!

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    I would have thought that she would have noticed your breast growth. How are you keeping that from her?
    She hasn't said anything about them... They grow a lot slower than nails.... Bigger but slower!

.......My Photos

...... To my beautiful nails!!! Sigh.... Going to clip them off... Just to keep peace in the family. My wife noticed them last night. Don't know how she couldn't since I accidentally jabbed her in the arm with them! Lol. Dumb dumb!! But it was a fun couple weeks with them nice and long... Taking those vitamin D supplements really helps!! 4 coats of matte clear polish!! They feel amazing!! Ohh well!

Here's what they look like. - http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4478824_n.jpg

Just wondered is anyone else able to fly under the radar with their SO and how long does it take for her to notice?
    Yes, I get that too from time to time - that, and a steely, flinty-eye squint and stare from across the dinner table when she suspects that I might have plucked my eyebrows too much or - horror of horrors! -actually waxed them to make them more manageable.

Karren,
    Maybe you are attacking this the wrong way. Have you tried scratching your wife's back and a massage? Maybe then she will see the benefits of maintaing long nails...

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I agree with Danni and longer nails work real good for scratching the SO's back, maybe it will buy you a repreve (a little longer nails) instead of losing them all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykitty View Post
    Don't they break in your hockey gloves? Mine used to.

A friend of mine is coming in from out of town Sat and giving my wife and me pedicures...yay!!!
    Since I started taking vitamin D supplements they don't break at all. And I always wear mechanics gloves when working around the house.

.......My Photos

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    My HANDYMAN has similar nails, Karren! I think your SO is a bit TOO DEMANDING!

Or, maybe I better check for heels and hose in my handyman's pack?! Eeek!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

My late wife was fine with that length. Although I didn't color the tips and just buffed the nail, no polish.

A girl I date isn't so tolerant...wants manly nails cut to the bloody quick as far as I can tell

Well, tell her that hers look too masculine and demand that she get acrylics! What's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose!

BTW, that's a joke, as in humor! I don't want to start a flamewar!
    Eryn