Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sayin goodbye.......

Karren,

My wife HATES!!!! long nails in general and on me in particular! This is one thing I can live with to keep the peace however. I haven't tried these yet but falsies are probably the way to go!

Hi Niya! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by niya blake View Post
    At first I thought this was joke. Karren leaving us is like the all 7 seals being broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Danni Renee View Post
    Karren,
    Maybe you are attacking this the wrong way. Have you tried scratching your wife's back and a massage? Maybe then she will see the benefits of maintaing long nails...

Danni
    She has never been one to give one or want one in return! Sigh.... And I forgot one biggie!! Without my thumb nails I can barely type on my Blackberry!! Ekkkkkkk
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I'd be happy with that length too, for my SO. I don't know if I should tell her that I think her nails are too long. Her nails are twice as long as yours, and she keeps them rounded, not square like yours.

I keep telling myself it is none of my business. But each time my boys come I hope they will not notice.

Hmmm. Vitamin D supplements. Thanks, I'll try those. My finger nails are awful, they keep breaking and splitting. They always have. I gave up on them years ago. Toe nails are good though.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Well, tell her that hers look too masculine and demand that she get acrylics! What's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose!

BTW, that's a joke, as in humor! I don't want to start a flamewar!
    Actually, this is a really good point and should be taken seriously. Women have been working for years to have the right to act more and more like men. They have tried to reduce the pressure to always be beautiful and have to spend all of their time getting glammed out when they have other things they would rather be doing.

When a woman insists on dressing like a man, keeping her nails, short, not wearing make-up, not getting her hair done, or not doing any kind of hair care, wears plain loose clothing, and so on, she needs to remember that these were rights and freedoms that women didn't have even 40 years ago.

I remember when our school was voting to let girls wear pants to school. Prior to that they were only allowed to wear skirts, and the skirts had to be no longer than knee length and no shorter than 6 inches above the knee.

The deal for boys was that since girls got to wear pants when it was cold, the boys could wear shorts when it was hot. When it started getting hot, I wore a pair of cut-off shorts. The gym coach told to of the big jocks to drag me face down across the asphalt pavement to rip up my legs, then take off my shirt and pull me by my legs face down to rip up my chest. It was a message to any of the other boys at school, "conform to the uniform (long pants, loose shirts, flat sneakers or oxfords) - or else".

Every once in a while, when I'm out as Debbie, all glammed up, wearing my skirt and heels, and I hear some teen-age girls getting the giggles, I'll turn around and tell them, "I had a wife, two kids, and I haven't missed a child support payment, remember that when your macho boyfriend gets you pregnant and then doesn't want to acknowledge that you even exist, or spends your rent money on strippers and hookers".

Ironically, my daughter ended up marrying a soldier boy, who had a big problem spending too much money on strippers and hookers. My ex hated him, and started asking Amanda if she wouldn't be better of like a guy more like me.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    My HANDYMAN has similar nails, Karren! I think your SO is a bit TOO DEMANDING!

Or, maybe I better check for heels and hose in my handyman's pack?! Eeek!
    I'm the only handy person around here!!

And here's my latest nail puller "cliper". With sheared nails!!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._3297380_n.jpg

.......My Photos

I read that the proper length for males is "no more than 3mm". So, I showed that to my wife, and she doesn't complain if I keep them at about 3mm. Sometimes I "forget" to file them back until they are 4mm. Yours are less than 3mm, so keep them going!
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I give up, Karren! What is it?
    Dam! My guidance TOLD ME I'd be GLAD I went trade school one day! I never listen!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Semi Sane innocent angel
    Hey after the Jessica Who incident who could blame me for thinking it was joke at first. I could see Karren doing lots of things like accidentally going on a date with a cut guy/girl or accidentally spending $5,000 on a boob job. Hey i t was buy one get one free. You don't to look weird with one super boob. Besides Karren is not a quitter , although she might look cute wearing red on horse and . Oh wait not sure she is the war kind of chick.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

I've been keeping my nails that length (sometimes a bit longer, sometimes a bit shorter) for a long time now - only recently starting keeping clear polish on them. My wife notices but hasn't really commented on it. To my eyes, they're not too outrageous - I see a lot of guys with nails that long. You've taken better care of yours then most of them, though.

Maybe the length is okay but give the polish a rest for a while?

I'm just going to grow my nails (maybe clear laquer) instead of eating them from now on.

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    I would have thought that she would have noticed your breast growth. How are you keeping that from her?
    Heeheehee! Honestly, Karen ...glad it's not you who's going!!!
    Love

Lynne

Banned Read only
    Oh thank goodness karen it was your fingernails. I thought you were saying goodbye to all of us here on cd.com. If you can live without your fingernails, we can too, but we can't now would feel the same if you left us. I was about to come to your house and ask you , what are you thinking? But then I was releived to know it was your fingernails. When you cut them off, can you send them to me ?
    >>>love & respect.....Tara
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 07-08-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I give up, Karren! What is it?
    Dam! My guidance TOLD ME I'd be GLAD I went trade school one day! I never listen!
    You mean my 1892 Sampson Bulldog nail puller? Lol

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2566791_n.jpg

.......My Photos

i'm going to have to trim mine this weekend as well not looking forward to it. They look sooo pretty right now.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    My wife doesn't mind my nails as long as they are frequently scratching her back!

Karren, show your wife my nails and ask for a stay of execution!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Jean is one of the most accepting people that I know.
    The only thing that she really doesn't like is if my nails get long.
    Not to mention polished!
    She thinks that polish draws attention to my big "man hands".
    I really like having polished nails, but it is a small sacrifice in the long run.

Karren I don't think your nails were too long.
    I just filed mine back to that length.
    Keely

One of the Reds

Karen

It never fails I just get back from having mine cut back and filled and she says "those nails are too long"

what's a girl to do

[Just wondered is anyone else able to fly under the radar with their SO and how long does it take for her to notice?[/QUOTE]

it is not the lenght that she is really complaining about. She knows that you are a CD and that is what she is really noticing. Anything you do that even hints of your femine side showing will be a problem. You have been around this room long enough to know that once a non accepting wife sees anything all hell breaks loose. I don't know what you can do about it since so many have had the same problem and found that it was her way or the highway. We all live with that to some point. Loving our familly, against being happy as a CD or TS. I wish I could be more upbeat about it. For now at least as you said time to cut your nails.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

my fingernails are nasty.. but my toenails make up for it in cuteness..

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My condolences.

My daughter in law was kind enough to tell me that my wife told her that the number one biggest thing about my cross dressing that pisses her off is my nails. They have been fairly long for quite a while and more often than not have clear paint on them. I use my guitar playing as an excuse, but of course my wife knows better. . .

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm the only handy person around here!!

And here's my latest nail puller "cliper". With sheared nails!!

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._3297380_n.jpg
    welcome to Karen's house of pain.
    Oh That looks so painful.
    But a girl has to do what she has to do.

Orchid

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda456 View Post
    My wife doesn't mind my nails as long as they are frequently scratching her back!
    That was the only thing that saved my nails they are the same as karens.

Orchid