Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you “coming from?”

Complex Lolita...

Where are you “coming from?”

[SIZE="2"]“We love our audience!” (from “Spirit” by Bauhaus)

I meet all kinds on this site, and some of them read my posts from time to time – for that I am truly grateful, but I’m never really sure who, or what, comprises the “audience” at any given time. I must confess I rarely look at the profile pages of members - I prefer to see us all as equals, regardless of what type of crossdresser we may be, or what brought us here in the first place. As such, when I read a post, I may not fully understand where you’re “coming from.” I assume we all have crossdressing in common, but your relationship to crossdressing may be very different from mine, or that of the next person. I only learn who you are, or what you are, by the words you choose to submit...

I’ll start the ball rolling by telling you where I’m coming from, OK? I’m a very ordinary male-to-female crossdresser. I dress to feel good, period. Within the context of “feeling good” comes my appreciation for CD’ing – I feel it is a positive thing, misunderstood by many, maligned by some, and championed by a few. I preserve my personal “take” on crossdressing with great care, and I try to describe my feelings to others. In no way do I assume that my positive “view” of crossdressing is the only opinion on the subject, but, since I am allowed to insert a little “good” here and there, I do – I was looking for positive reinforcement when I first began to dress, so now I try to provide that “service” for others. In short, I am merely Freddy, and I am at your service...

I have several friends on this site who are much more accomplished than I am in the “field” of MtF crossdressing, and I’m pleased they don’t look down on me (too much). I have TG and TS friends, also a few FtM’s, GG’s, SO’s, and nearly everything in-between. By interacting with other “types” of crossdressers, I have gleaned an overview of our community, as well as an education, the latter purely by osmosis. I can only “speak” as a humble boy-in-a-dress, but any views I may have are subject to modification by other individuals who take the time to respond. I learn as I go along. What I’m trying to say is I often don’t know who is reading my words, or what the true nature of a response may be, but I am very aware of the eclectic nature of the “audience.” Just within the MtF crossdressing “arena” alone, for instance, here are just a few of the many sub-variations:

I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    I am a crossdresser...
    And, of course: I am a crossdresser... (this is where I am all AT, as they say here in Kansas)
    And let us not forget: I am a CROSSDRESSER...

Keep in mind that I rarely know where you’re “coming from,” so judge my words accordingly, or dismiss them entirely if need be. I’m not operating from a position of self-pity, nor am I overly in love with myself. Being amongst so many crossdressers excites me, confuses me, and deflates me, even when I am engaged in group inflation. It’s a mixed bag, which may be a good description for this place – I seek to bolster confidence and think good thoughts, translating them into words that may elevate, rather than denigrate. If you wish to cut me off, and hopefully stop the flow of my excess verbiage, please be careful of the SKIRT, OK? I live for such tiny pleasures, and that’s where I happen to be coming from...

So, to summarize, where are you coming from, meaning how do you FEEL about your crossdressing? Are you happy about it, worried about it, or confused about it? Perhaps you’re somewhat unaffected, complacent, unenthused, or burdened by it – let me know, so I can understand you better, or don’t reply at all, if that’s how you prefer to communicate...
    [/SIZE]

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Is there an emoticon for, "I really, really love my life?" I am a crossdresser. This makes me happy most of the time, ecstatic some of the time, and sad little of the time. My life rocks!

Kathi

I would say... I am a crossdresser I want it to make me a lovable oddball that makes the world more fun to live in, rather than just some regular schmoe walking down the street. Total acceptance would not be fun, I don't want the world to say "Who cares," I want them to say "You're a crossdresser? That's so wacky and fun!"

It took me a while to accept that I am a CROSSDRESSER. I also have accepted that I am a girl and a boy. right now the girl is getting more attention and will continue I hope. At times I want to come totally out but am afraid to do so. Maybe down the road. Hugs all.

Chaos is a friend of mine April Renee's Avatar
    I didn't see an emoticon giving the middle finger....FU! I'm a CROSSDRESSER!!
    A~
    May the lord know those that don't love us so he may turn their hearts or at least their ankle so we'll know em by their limp.

You take the urban noise with some Durbin Poison.
    Its gonna lessen your load.....

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Sometimes I feel more like...I am a crossdresser

Those tears are for the fact that I so seldom get the opportunity to express that part of myself anymore, even for a few fleeting minutes...

Most of the time, I can cope. But it still hurts.

When I was actually able to dress more often, it varied from "worry" to "bliss." Was there a "bliss" smiley anywhere?
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I am a crossdresser and I love it! Long ago, I gave up asking myself why I love it, and accepted the fact that I just do.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

Hi,

So ill have to be flipiant then & just say . .... ill add to it later .....im just a bloody woman.

...noeleena...

Hi Freddy!
    I'm relieved and thankful to have realised that I'm a crossdresser...
    While trying to avoid (negative?) addictive elements, I'm extremely curious about all aspects of CDing.
    At the moment, I hope that I'll have the resolve and opportunity to openly involve CDing in my real-life.
    That prospect thrills me to bits!
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

YHWH..
    (hmm ok too short! so ignore this sentence, it has no bearing on factoids)
    I..

My Yin is meeting my Yang..
    When people can only see the circle,
    Then I will be complete!

I am a cross dresser! If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hmm. Where am I coming from. Well, I joined here simply to remind me of how many of us there are, and that it's not necessarily such a horrible thing that we do. I also like to read once in a while responses from the supportive women here, which gives me at least a smidgen of hope of finding one of my own someday, however slim that possibility might be. I also know how difficult it was to figure out why I wound up as a crossdresser, and wanted to share what it took me several decades to learn; there's a lot of misinformation out there, as well as a lot of people searching for knowledge. Lastly, even though this is a place where guys come to feel good about themselves, I try to keep people from forgetting that the world isn't always the nice, kind, supportive place that this forum is, and that we still have to be careful when we step out of our homes in an outfit that would cause many people to desire to beat or even kill us.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by April Renee View Post
    I didn't see an emoticon giving the middle finger....FU! I'm a CROSSDRESSER!!
    A~
    I always wanted an emoticon/smiley face thats farting,giving off green smoke.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Personally I am very proud to be a crossdresser. I feel we are all very special in many aspects and can enjoy seeing life as both male and female and this alone is a rare gift. As one grows in acceptance you learn to appreciate all the time,effort and expense involved to be truly free and sincerely happy. I always have been and always will be a crossdresser and with the support and education I have recieved from many of you lovely woman here, I have learned how to be more honest with myself and others around me in my daily life. So thank you ladies for all your insights and time, it has allowed me to grow as a individual as well as a crossdresser. You all rock!

Michelle

Hi Frederique

I think this question is a bit like taking a picture as its like a snapshot in time

Yes I am a crossdresser but as to why it makes me feel good becomes more difficult.

Some days it could be I could be elated because my efforts in dressing have turned out to my satisfaction. Other days its because it just feels right. Is this because I enjoy it and I am relaxed about it or is it because I might be TS and have just not realised. Then you get the not so nice times why you think why am I like this.

I suppose I am coming from the point of view of someone who knows this wont go away and reailses we are all different and co-exist by a common bond even if its only part of a bigger journey
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

"You're a crossdresser? That's so wacky and fun!"
    This is the kind of acceptance I would love. It is just one of those things that is not for everyone, but is admired of by the majority. That would just be great.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I'am a crossdresser

Most of the time I'm a crossdresser
    But sometimes I'm a crossdresser
    Depends on the day and who much I've been able to dress up lately.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

I am the following:

I would add more, but apparently there is a 12 emoticon limit on posts . . . . LOL!

Many years ago I came to the conclusion that I am a crossdresser and always will be. I have always gotten tremendous enjoyment from "dressing". However, my dressing and/or need to CD has also caused some problems for me over the years.

I currently live alone and thus, I am en femme unless my male self is expected somewhere. I am a male that enjoys looking like a woman and acting like a lady.
    Hugs, Carole

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Hmmm. It's hard to be sure that I'm putting this into words in a way that gets the point across properly, but I'll try:

I'm bi-gendered. My guy side used to not know that. Now that he does, he can recognize ever better the parts of him that can be well attributed to his feminine side. Tina is that feminine side and I guess, by definition, Tina is crossdressed. However, Tina is not simply my guy self in a dress. Tina does not carry the masculine side along with her. She is her own person with her own personality, goals, likes and dislikes, and wants.

We really enjoy this bi-gendered nature and the freedom this brings to Tina to be herself, and the insight it brings about who we've been all these years, and who we might be in the future. I can't even begin to enumerate how much this dual nature has helped bring insight into the many aspects of growing up and living as a woman.

I can see where this duality could be a real problem, but I consider it a blessing and well worth the time and effort it takes to maintain both genders! Having a loving and supportive wife has made all the difference in the world! I really adore her and can never show too much appreciation for all she has done for Tina.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Freddy, I don't often reply to your threads. Frankly, I'm intimidated by your deep thoughts and provocative posts (thought-provoking, that is).

Often, by the time I see your post, it's too late -- somebody else has said what I would have liked to say, and I try to avoid parroting ... it doesn't always work out.

With all that out of the way, I gotta say, when I say the words "I am a crossdresser / transgender person" in my mind, I've had all the following emoticon-emotions:

Yes, there are TWO "evil-be-gone" smilies.
    Last edited by Debb; 07-13-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added words :D

I'm C/D T/G!
    Comfortable in my own skin.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, and never cease to be amazed by it!" Lazarus Long

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    There has been sometimes that I am very happy that I am a crossdresser and then there are times I am joyful, but that hasn't always been the case. For thirty years I hated every minute of that time. Then enlightenment came to my wife and all changed. Even though those thirty years were painful and full of self hate for what I was, a crossdresser who didn't crossdress, I now have more joy when I get to crossdress and I get to crossdress when ever I want to. I crossdress for me and for no one else. In that statement there is a paradox because I do show you this side of me, so maybe it's for all of you who can appreciate what I do. Narcissistic, eh!
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar
    I enjoy reading your threads Freddie,

And several emoticons have applied to me over the years so I have to respond here.

Before finding the site... I might be a crossdresser

After finding the site... Oh my God, I am a crossdresser

After meeting and conversing with a few members... I am a crossdresser

Since becoming more comfortable with my situation... I am a crossdresser

It took a while to get over the crisis part of my discovery but I landed on my feet. I'm happy dressing is in my life, but I do worry about the opinions of people close to me. The only person who has to know (I reason) would be a girlfriend, but I don't have one of those at the moment so I keep it to myself and share online.

I'm still sort of young, so I wonder about the future and where dressing will lead me. Being introspective by nature, I spend a lot of time thinking about what lies ahead. A lot of what I've read says that 'it' gets stronger with age, sometimes I think, 'bring it on!' But other times it concerns me how far I might go.

In 20 years, will I still be sneaking around doing this in secret and leading a male life to the outside world? Will I be out to the world and leading our parade down main street? Somewhere in between?

I guess time will tell. For now though, I'm happy when I dress and I dress often. I haven't nailed down a good look for myself yet, but I'm learning and trying hard, all the while having a blast.