Thread: MAN WORK!!!! But it should be worth it soon!!! :)

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar

MAN WORK!!!! But it should be worth it soon!!! :)

[I]First the sad part- I have pretty much spent the past week, I dont even know really how long probably like ten days Working in the back yard, CUTTING down TREES (100 foot pine tree and a really large Sugar Maple tree)about 75 feet tall but basically three trees in one.
    I have never owned a CHAINSAW before but I bought a big one to get the job done. I have been so dirty and sweaty, I was doing real man work YUK!!!!!
    Cutting, Grinding, Heights, OH MY. I can't stand having to do that kind of work anymore. Besides the fact that it ruined my nails.

But here is the happy part- We are installing a POOL in my back yard. I cant wait all the prep work is finally done and the yard is ready to be destroyed But come this time tomorrow the pool should be well on its way (its an above ground 24' round pool and 52" deep, perfect for playing in.
    I can't wait to be at home alone so I can put on my BIKINI and go swimming en femme. This is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time.

Of course I still need to be a man and build a deck around the pool but that will be worth it too.
    So the upside to being a man, is with some hard work and some sweat you can save alot of money doing it yourself and maybe by a heater for the pool sooner rather then later.

So in the last week and a half I have not had any real time to be Keri and OH MY GOD I am going through some major withdrawls. I went to buy a chain for the chainsaw and I came home with a summer outfit for Keri too. Now that was a wierd shopping trip. Especially as it was at the same store.LOL But hey they are cute and I just may be able to wear the shorts while not en femme to everyone.

I guess I am excited about our new pool, and the opportunities that I may get to actually use my BIKINI. YEAH!!! Of course I will still have to wear trunks too.

Sometimes we just got to put on some damn Levi's and get to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie1973 View Post
    Sometimes we just got to put on some damn Levi's and get to work.
    She could have done all that work in a skort
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Glad to hear you lived to tell about it, Keri. Tree cutting is an extremely unforgiving activity, as mistakes can be deadly.

You'll find the saw stays sharp longer if it is kept out of the ground. One chain should last for years with periodic sharpening.

You would be well advised to learn about saw kickback. The main thing is not to try and cut with the tip of the bar and staying out of the path the saw would take if the saw does kick. This generally means not standing behind the saw while it cuts and keeping others out of the same area. There is no time to react as the saw will be thrown out of the cut in a few milliseconds.

I'm posting this primarily to impress upon others reading this that chain saws, while very effective at what they do, must be treated with a great deal of respect for the dangers they pose. Unfortunately, a safe chain saw is also unusable for its intended purpose.

There is a sad joke about Father's day among utility line maintenance crews: Fathers eager to use their new saw fell a tree on overhead high voltage electrical lines, with disastrous results.

I always wanted to be a lumberjack. With me best girl by my side I would sing, sing. . . .

I have that sort of thing that I have to do for the next few days. No trees, but brush clearance and general building maintenance without an attractive goal. I am definitely not looking forward to it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Is a pool in MN really a good idea? ... Thought the swimming season up there was barely 2 months long. From what I remember the mosquitoes are huge up there too. Look at the bright side, you'll have your own skating rink the rest of the year to practice on....

Seriously, hope it all works out.....

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Having your own ice-skating rink is nice; you don't have to smooth over the ice that's been roughed up by hockey players

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    Oh there will be no skating on the pool for sure. The swimming season should be from about early june until late october. I am having a natural gas heater installed so it should stay warm for awhile. I also have 4 children so the pool will get plenty of use.
    I still have a few logs to cut up to more manageable sizes but the skort sounds like a great idea!!!!

http://www.utilikilts.com/ pricey, but a possibility--I have no relationship with them, a friend wears them and commends their quality. Been in the trades and always thought about getting one.

chainsaws are a way of life at my house. My so & me own a1200 apple tree orchard. so hard work for me is on going.

Sorry but I operate my chain saw wearing Chic Jeans! So comfortable!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

This brings to mind a Monty Python song. The Lumberjack song A LUMBERJACK!

(piano vamp)

Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of
    British Columbia! With my best girl by my side!
    The Larch!
    The Pine!
    The Giant Redwood tree!
    The Sequoia!
    The Little Whopping Rule Tree!
    We'd sing! Sing! Sing!

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay,
    I sleep all night and I work all day.

CHORUS: He's a lumberjack, and he's okay,
    He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch,
    I go to the lava-try.
    On Wednesdays I go shoppin'
    And have buttered scones for tea.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch,
    He goes to the lava-try.
    On Wednesdays 'e goes shoppin'
    And has buttered scones for tea.

CHORUS

I cut down trees, I skip and jump,
    I like to press wild flowers.
    I put on women's clothing,
    And hang around in bars.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he skips and jumps,
    He likes to press wild flowers.
    He puts on women's clothing
    And hangs around.... In bars???????

CHORUS

I chop down trees, I wear high heels,
    Suspendies and a bra.
    I wish I'd been a girlie
    Just like my dear papa.

Mounties: He cuts down trees, he wears high heels
    Suspendies?? and a .... a Bra????
    (spoken, raggedly) What's this? Wants to be a *girlie*? Oh, My!
    And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!

CHORUS

All: He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaaaayyy..... (BONG)

Crotchhiboots

I'd never frown on good old fashion ,sweat you bums off, work til you drop, unestrogenic,nail breaking,hard labor. It's FUN!!! I worked on a construction crew a few years back that was building and elementary school. You would think that those redneck, tabacoo chewing, manly men would have given me a hard time on the jobsite because of who I am but "No" they didn't. I showed them I can do the work just fine without any sort of modifications. I was the only worker small enough and agile enough to crawl up into the ceilings along the pipes, 50 ft above the floor, to fire caulk for hours at a time. Wearing a Hard Hat all the time was a pain because it always messed up my hair.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Silver Member
    As a single woman, I find that this turns out to be just plain work rather than "Man's" or "unestrogenic" work. Work has to get done no matter what your gender.

Stephie

Banned Read only
    I've seen some really knockout female carpenters adorned in work boots, tight jeans and wet tee shirts and pony tails.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Keri, I understand entirely!!! Tina just does not get involved in all that sweaty/dirty stuff! That's what my male side is for! He cuts about 15 cords of wood a year so sharpening chains for chain saws is a way of life! Two saws, two chains per year!

The practicality is that Tina just does have any "old" clothes, and sweating with a wig is just nasty! I let him go out and take care of the wood, and after a nice bath/shower, he's ready to leave the world to his fem side and Tina is reborn!!!

Have fun in your bikini!!!

tina

I bet there are some wood turners there that would love to have some wood. http://www.mnwoodturners.com/
    DonnaT