Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife asked if I was gay. Lol

If you gave me a Victoria's Secret catalog , I could read it for hours. I love the models, I I love them in those outfits, I love those outfits too, I want to be just like them. I love the feminine asthetic, Iove feminine things, the clothes, the look. Women are a magical mystical world to me. I like it. women dress the way I want to dress.

If I was gay, I'd be thinking of guys with six pack abs, and wearing speedos, but I don't. Nothing there....so there.

What the Gay Brain Looks Like

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...815538,00.html
    Scientists at the Karolinska Institute studied brain scans of 90 gay and straight men and women, and found that the size of the two symmetrical halves of the brains of gay men more closely resembled those of straight women than they did straight men.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BARBARA_MELENDEZ View Post
    Yes even the gay comunity is not totally pleased about how the mass media portrait gay people... The Gay Myth #1: All gay men are feminine.
    News to me! My brother is gay and he's not particularly femme at all. Neither is his husband. At least, not that I can tell. Of course, they don't know about me, either...
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My wife with a degree in wildlife biology would probably argue genetics with you till the cows come home... Julie. Lol.
    Karren,will the cows be gay?
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

~On the road to Erin~ ZosKiaCultusC7's Avatar
    As mentioned in a previous post, society causes individuals to automatically assume one is gay if the person in question does something feminine. To be honest, I think it's bullshit.

When it comes to my CDing, I'm in the closet. However, when it comes to shaving my legs, I don't care who knows. I'm 100% straight and friends have given me crap about it. In fact, I shave everything (short of my arms, head and eyebrows) because I cannot stand body hair. Not too long ago, while having a conversation with my mom about the possibility of me having Keratosis Pilaris, she asked if I shaved my legs and then asked if I was gay. It was kind of a joking around tone but I think she was serious due to her adding "It's okay if you are, I'll love you the same" (in fact, I think this conversation happened on a couple different occasions). A few months later, she must have forgot about previous conversations because I told her that I cut a mole on my inner thigh whilst shaving. She responded with "...but you're a guy!". My response? I told her, verbatim, "I don't give a ****. I shave because I like to. Society can kiss my ass". Too bad I'm not that rebellious when it comes to CDing....

When it comes down to it, the difference between a man and a woman originates from XX versus XY (I think it's only the 23rd chromosome but it's been a while since I've studied biology). Personality traits and such are learned and society has a tendency to affect a person's personality, as well as how they perceive certain things. Humans are a social species and as a social species, we are influenced by others. Unfortunately, there are "guidelines" and a great deal of negativity/close-mindedness in how society passes judgment.

Wow, it's really crazy, isn't it when folks begin to put labels on us and 'demand' that we just HAVE to be 'this way or that way' because we dress/act/move in a specific manner??

Here I am, a straight (as far as I know) CD dad who's never been interested in guys in a sexual way, but admiring of those who keep in good shape. A dad who is deeply in love with his wife of over 31 years, finds everthing feminine absolutely fascinating and love the feel of soft sexy fabric on my body, pretty panties, lacy bras, Shadowline nightgowns................. and the list goes on.

My BI daughter is now a college sophomore who dresses rather androgynously. A lot of her former high school male classmates wore make up and many of the female classmates didn't. Of the males who did wear make up, some were admittedly gay, some did it for 'effect', some were goth. ALL did it for some kind of attention or to make a statement. Of the females who did NOT wear make up, some did it for religious reasons, some because they definitely identified as lesbians. Others just couldn't be bothered since academics came first.

My daughter's friends like me because I'm the most tolerant older guy they know. Most also know I CD and think it's absolutely 'cool'.

Some of the gayest men I've ever known were die hard warriors; Marines, soldiers and sailors who pumped iron, fought hard and died even harder. Some of the softest spoken men I've ever known were gay, but most were men with a strong creative streak inside. Some were just as deadly as the toughest looking and acting warriors.

I don't suppose we'll ever change people's perceptions of us, I don't suppose it really makes a difference

I'd say we just have to be ourselves and live life for ourselves. I'm content to be CD and I enjoy seeing the creativity and commitment that so many of our girls go to in order to free their feminine selves. Beautiful CD/TG/TS girls, intelligent girls, fun girls to be around.
    Last edited by CaitlynRenee; 07-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.

i think most wifes are going to ask if your gay if you dress up in womens clothes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been in the same situation... actually it just changed the other day when my SO joined here and started reading all the various threads! She was convinced that I was gay, and that affected our relationship and sexlife since she felt she wasn't enough for me... It didn't matter how many times I said it wasn't true that I adored her body and just wanted women...
    the world needs to learn that being gay doesn't mean you have to be feminine... and the other way around to... being feminine doesn't mean your gay!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    My non-supporting wife asked the same thing. And I think she was satisfied with my answer. Till our son came out of his closet as gay... Now she alludes that it was my genes that's to blame. I can't win! Lol
    "Blame"??? Like it's a bad thing or something. Tsk tsk.