Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brief Question: My Painted Toes

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar

Brief Question: My Painted Toes

My wife took me for a pedi and I got my toes painted for the first time. I love it.

I do a lot of stuff with the guys including swimming. So, here is my dilemma:

I have a pool party to go to next weekend. Do I create a reason I can't swim and keep my shoes on? Or do I just go in head first and if anyone asks say "Yeah...so?".

My wife says she is fine either way. She said maybe I shouldn't get them painted again if doing so will prevent me from having fun I have always had.

What do you think?

I have water shoes. I can slip them on very easy and cover my toenails. It's my shaved legs I have problems hiding.

Truthfully, If ya got a problem with it, that's why they make polish remover and sell more nail polish.

Just my thought's...

April

Aspiring Member
    Aqua shoes works for me!

Mine are painted and sure I've had a few comments but nothing bad. Most women have thought it pretty neat and have said their husband don't have the balls to wear polish

If I have mixed colors on, I feel more like it bothers people less, a solid pretty red would get more questions out of people.. Since it takes me longer to apply different colors, than a solid. I dont have problems stripping my toes clean if they are all one color..

It has bugger all to do with anyone else except you and your SO....go and have fun and if any comments are made you could say " what you don't paint your nails"
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    My wife says she is fine either way. She said maybe I shouldn't get them painted again if doing so will prevent me from having fun I have always had.
    Seems to me, she's saying keep them painted and have fun with it. And probably not too cool with having spent the money on them and you not being happy with them, even though she says she's fine with either choice.

Note that polish usually doesn't last long, and may be chipped by pool time, giving reason to remove or repolish.
    DonnaT

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I remove and re-paint mine at least once a week. This time of year I often wear flip flops and sandals. It is also nice to change up the color. I am not ready for the looks and possible comments. I also enjoy painting my toes! It's fun to be a part-time girl!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

My Daughter took me for my first pedicure the day after Father’s Day – it was her Father’s Day present to me. She picked out what Essie calls a Poppy Pink, I see it as an Orange-ish red. Last week I went with my Wife and we both had pedicures and the tech applied the same color again to my toes. I was not about to come home and remove the polish after my Daughter went to the expense of getting me a pedicure.

My toes have been polished now for four weeks and hardly anyone has noticed unless I called attention to them. Other than my Brother only women have commented and like Patrice the comments have been favorable and the women seem to like seeing my painted toes. I have literally worn nothing but flip-flops while drab dressed. Frankly, I like having my painted toes and I go everywhere with them with no effort to hide them.

I can only address what I would do; I would go to the party, with my toes openly exposed, and enjoy the attention. I doubt that most off the men will have much to say; the men I have pointed my toes out to generally make some comment on the order of “you’re b5raver than I am” or “I think they look cool but I don’t think I could it.” On the other hand you might get a lot of attention from the women at the party – well you don’t say whether there will or won’t be women at the party. But how much of a party can there be without women? Some of the men might get jealous over all the attention you are getting, but you can always suggest that there is probably some nail polish around and a number of women more than happy to paint their toes for them and while it is happening they will be the center of attention.
    Babs

Buy your own polish and remover...do them when you want and take it off when you are with others that you don't really want to know about the polish.
    That's what I do...besides, it's fun to do your own nails. Or have your wife do them...you can use it to bond with each other.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My recent experience
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ons-on-society

Worst case, remove it and apply a new color
    Don't be a drag, just be a queen

Quote Originally Posted by Barbra P View Post
    My Daughter took me for my first pedicure the day after Father’s Day – it was her Father’s Day present to me. She picked out what Essie calls a Poppy Pink, I see it as an Orange-ish red. Last week I went with my Wife and we both had pedicures and the tech applied the same color again to my toes. I was not about to come home and remove the polish after my Daughter went to the expense of getting me a pedicure.

My toes have been polished now for four weeks and hardly anyone has noticed unless I called attention to them. Other than my Brother only women have commented and like Patrice the comments have been favorable and the women seem to like seeing my painted toes. I have literally worn nothing but flip-flops while drab dressed. Frankly, I like having my painted toes and I go everywhere with them with no effort to hide them.

I can only address what I would do; I would go to the party, with my toes openly exposed, and enjoy the attention. I doubt that most off the men will have much to say; the men I have pointed my toes out to generally make some comment on the order of “you’re b5raver than I am” or “I think they look cool but I don’t think I could it.” On the other hand you might get a lot of attention from the women at the party – well you don’t say whether there will or won’t be women at the party. But how much of a party can there be without women? Some of the men might get jealous over all the attention you are getting, but you can always suggest that there is probably some nail polish around and a number of women more than happy to paint their toes for them and while it is happening they will be the center of attention.
    Yeah. I'm inclined to go and if anybody says anything, I'll just tell them whatever. I don't know and I am really thinking this over. I am leaning toward just going with the polish on.

Silver Member
    Do what is best for you and yours! If your So is cool with it that is the main thing. You could just say that your SO dared you to start wearing nail polish and you took her up on it. Also bring a few cards from your Pedi salon so they can have thier polished too. All you need to do is show them that they aren't getting to you and they will leave it be, Oh Squirrel! Where, where....

Coincidentally, my wife just weighed in at dinner. She says that she thinks that, given the area we live in and the religious/conservative line of thinking there, she thinks a compromise would be best. That is, paint my toes the 9 months out of the year we won't be swimming. She says it would make her feel uncomfortable a little if I went to the pool party with my toes painted though she would not tell me not too if I wanted to go that way. Also, she thinks our kid might get razzed by his friends.

The bottom line is I think she is right. I will compromise with no bad feelings about it. This does affect her and our son.

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from the folks here though.
    Last edited by Marie-Elise; 07-18-2011 at 08:35 PM.

Before I read your last post I was going to suggest you're keepingg your toes painted on a dare from your SO, neices, neightbor girls or something along those line but I can see that won't work. You could always put clear polish on them and keep them painted that way or better yet use a flesh colored polish as I did on my nails. OPI does have some really sexy flesh colors know.

Platinum Member
    You know that nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

Just strip and re paint.

Orchid

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    You know that nobody ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

Just strip and re paint.

Orchid
    That's about the size of it. Oh well, I can enjoy my toes a few more days.

Yes. Water shoes. I use them at our when others than family are here. I just say I have a sore on the bottom of my feet and do not want to rub it against the pool bottom.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been getting pedicures and manicures for many years. And I do go swimming with friends, both female and male. The women all love my nail polish and the men are jealous, because I get so much attention from the ladies!! In case anybody is wondering, my fingers are always some shade of pink and my toes are some very bright color, whcih may be red or something else!! Oh yes, my finger nails are feminine shaped and a bit long for a man!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I don't hide anything. My toes have been pink for weeks after my latest pedi.

That's about the size of it. Oh well, I can enjoy my toes a few more days.
    I wear a clear polish on both my toenails and my fingernails all the time and no one has ever commented. I actually pointed it out to someone about my feet and they hadn't noticed. So, apply your clear polish for the pool party weekends and then you can always have a different color done after that.

If your wife is in on it you could always allude (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) to the wild time you two had after putting the polish on! Make 'em envy you!

Oh, and I usually use clear polish and always have smooth legs. No comments yet...
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Do what you are comfortable doing. You have a leg up, o as to speak in that your wife has given you the green light. I'm on vacation in Williamsburg VA and I have my nails and toes painted for almost 72 hours. They are a clear opai. Dosen't stand out that much but depending on the light it shoiws different ways. I don't think anyone has noticed yet because no one has said a word. I have grown my own nails long and they are shaped nicely. Been wearing sandals and flip flops. Do whatever floats your boat

Why worry about it, they are your toes. Just show those pretty toes! After all, look at all of the people wearing body piercing, half of the guys in sports wear earrings, and all of the tattoos. Why worry about painted nails. Compared to body piercings and tattoos. a little nail polish is nothing.

Coincidentally, my wife just weighed in at dinner. She says that she thinks that, given the area we live in and the religious/conservative line of thinking there, she thinks a compromise would be best. That is, paint my toes the 9 months out of the year we won't be swimming. She says it would make her feel uncomfortable a little if I went to the pool party with my toes painted though she would not tell me not too if I wanted to go that way. Also, she thinks our kid might get razzed by his friends.

The bottom line is I think she is right. I will compromise with no bad feelings about it. This does affect her and our son.

I'd be interested in hearing more opinions from the folks here though.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.