Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    June Cleaver, of course!

Heels, pearls and housework.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Charlies Angels - always lots of good outfits on that show
    Moonlighting - even with the soft lighting!
    X-Files - Scully had some sharp suits, both pants and skirts. Plus she could run in heels!

Happy Days
    Mork and Mindy (Pam Dawber was a total babe)
    WKRP in Cincinati (Loni Anderson - nuff said)
    And how about Rowan and Martin's Laugh In

About the Nanny with Fran dresser her outfits Were so wild but I loved the short skirts and tights she used to wear plus her blouses looked so sexy on her I used to watch that and be so jelous

TV show that you as a crossdresser of today must watch:

Pan Am

OMG, I love the tight fitting skirts and dresses from that time!

Banned Read only
    I did not make a correlation between the television shows I watched and being en femme until I started wearing dresses. I drooled over the great looking teenage girls and young women, but, my cross-dressing wardrobe was borrowed and limited. When I was drawn deeper into being en femme I settled for the June Cleaver-1950's-1960's look of dresses with full skirts. I do not own one pair of feminine style jeans, capri pants, slacks, etc. Women in the 1950's and 1960's would not wear anything but a dress.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina X View Post
    How about Gina from Heartbeat......
    Yeah Gina,That's what I loved about that show,Gina always dressed lovely also her hairstyles,And her makeup was always flawless,Would have been a great time to be around fashion wise.I always thought watching her that a lot of the clothing styles from those days seem to be around now,Cute Cardis,bright coloured tunic tops etc.Hope you dont mind me asking did you choose your femme name because of her?

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Gunsmoke - I always admired Miss Kitty's eyelashes.
    She did have some awesome , but anachronistic, lashes on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Burton View Post
    Moonlighting - even with the soft lighting!
    It wasn't the lighting it was the focus or diffusion filter/vaseline on the lens!

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    WKRP in Cincinati (Loni Anderson - nuff said)
    I preferred Bailey, and in fact tried to duplicate Bailey's look in my young crossdressing days.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie_393 View Post
    About the Nanny with Fran dresser her outfits Were so wild but I loved the short skirts and tights she used to wear plus her blouses looked so sexy on her
    Oh Mistah Sheffield? MISS Fine! Her outfits (and that BIG hair) were like another character in themselves. That staircase in the Sheffield house got a lot of use with Miss Fine sashaying down it. It was on the left in the pilot on the right in the series itself. It was fun watching Sylvia's, Yetta's, Miss Babcocks, and Val's outfits as well.

Fran has a new show on TV Land.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    There has always been a debate over Mary Ann or Ginger, well ...
    I wanted to be Ginger, but I wanted to do Mary Ann!

Umm...... Anyone think of Charlie's Angels? Farrah, Kate, and Jacqueline. Or even the Bionic Woman.

Brandi

Banned Read only
    Going further back, Gale Storm in My Little Margie. Loved those Fit 'n Flare dresses...

Here's 2 that no one's mentioned yet:
    * Love American Style. Those cute actresses in mini skirts and go-go boots and long hair...
    * Anything with Adrienne Barbeau. Even including Maude, as long as you could use your hand and block out Bea Arthur. Ha!

And, yes, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, and Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Big deep breath here.

-- Jenny

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Green View Post
    Here's 2 that no one's mentioned yet:
    * Love American Style. Those cute actresses in mini skirts and go-go boots and long hair...
    * Anything with Adrienne Barbeau. Even including Maude, as long as you could use your hand and block out Bea Arthur. Ha!

And, yes, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, Barbara Eden, and Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Big deep breath here.

-- Jenny
    Got so say, that while Adrienne Barbeau was definitely good looking, Bea Arthur had Presence. That you can't teach...

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_56 View Post
    How about the Musters, when Grandpa mad a potion to turn himself into a woman, the the end of the show little Eddy acidently drank and turned into a cute blonde
    I missed that one, would love to see it! I remember an episode of Mission Impossible where the actor who played Greg Brady had to dress as a girl to flee some country.

I have 5 older sisters, have the rest of you watched as many Beauty Pageants as I have?!!

For me it was the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette, Sheryl and Karen. I also never liked to miss Dennis the Menace with Margaret and her flouncy dresses...

Some one mentioned Happy Days, but not specifically the episode where Richie had to crossdress as an initiation. He looked soooo good. Fonzie even dances with him. mmmmm.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    Rue McClannahan in "The Golden girls" was a inspiration too, all those long flowing nightgowns were gorgous. i'm buying some on dvd to have a look again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Joan Collins in Dynasty was always a favorite of mine, and Delta Burke in Designing Women. I was probably the only teenage boy who watched that show, but wow I though Suzanne Sugarbaker was incredibly sexy... her full figure, those gorgeous and elegant 80s blouses and skirt suits, the 4" heels, she even wore a corset (underneath her clothes) on the show on occasion. (And wigs too)
    They were a couple of my favorites too but Julia Sugarbaker was aways such a classy elegant & lady.

Orchid

Heres another kid who played Charlie's Angels. I also loved to watch Designing Women. Loved their outfits.

Ranma 1/2

applicable for CD's and TS's

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    I have 5 older sisters, have the rest of you watched as many Beauty Pageants as I have?!!
    Yes, probably. Grandmother and aunt didn't miss a one...

I remember really enjoying WKRP in Cincinnati. The clothing and the hairstyles worn by Loni Anderson in that show just bowled me over.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

No..... no...... no..... no to all the above!!

The FIRST must-see crossdressing TV came from Loony Tunes when bugs bunny dressed up as a girl bunny !!

:-)

Absolutely! All of the above. My long-time dream is Miss Kitty from "Gunsmoke". I've always wanted one of those big frilly, lacey dresses with the bustle...Sigh...

Agree most with Kelly Bundy on Married with Children, she was such a HO don't we all just wish

"Dynasty" - Linda Evans
    I saw Linda Evans yesterday on TV and WOW, what a beauty, she has to be 65 or so and still a super Fox