Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser.

TV shows that were a must see as a young crossdresser.

Well three come to mind.
    First there was I Dream of Jeanie, wow what a figure Barbara Eden had. I loved all of the fashions from the time as well.
    Next was Wonder Woman, what young crossdresser did not fantasize about wearing that wonderful costume of hers.
    Last but not least would be Gilligans Island. There has always been a debate over Mary Ann or Ginger, well for me it was defineately Ginger. I loved her wardrobe especially the long gold dress and the long white beaded dress. If she only packed that much clothing for a three hour tour I sure would like to see the rest of her wardrobe. Mmmm

What shows were a must see for you?

i loved the figure of Maryanne on the beverly hillbillys.

great figure in jeans wow

The Dick Van Dyke show. Laura Petrie with her capri pants.
    That Girl. Ann Marie (Marlo Thomas) with her cute hair and mod fashions

Were those the tight capri pants that zipped in the back? I loved those older pants and shorts style that zipped in back.

How about Della Street from Perry Mason? She had a simply elegent style and I loved it when she wore a pencil skirted suit.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 07-21-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Donna Reed Show.... Leave it to Beaver and of coarse The Carroll Burnett show.. Carroll in "Went with the wind" in her dress made from curtains with the curtain rod is my fashion idol!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I do specifically remember one episode of Andy Grifith that really made my jaw drop.

"The Manicurist" with Barbara Eden. OMG did that women have a figure just to die for and the tight dresses she wore were the things dreams were made of.

You can watch all three parts here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...og&sa=N&tab=iv

Let me know what you think.

I think I was a woman during that time and reincarnated as a man today. I guess when they wiped the memory it was not a complete erasure.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Dukes of Hazard...Daisy Duke...enough said!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Aspiring Member Dawna Ellen Bays's Avatar
    Batman, with Julie Newmar in her Catwoman getup. There was also an episode that had one of the Joker's "molls," a gorgeous blonde in a slinky, purple catsuit that I think is 90% responsible for my crossdressing. Suzy already mentioned Ginger's gold gown...

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    I do specifically remember one episode of Andy Grifith that really made my jaw drop.

"The Manicurist" with Barbara Eden. OMG did that women have a figure just to die for and the tight dresses she wore were the things dreams were made of.

You can watch all three parts here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...og&sa=N&tab=iv

I think I was a woman during that time and reincarnated as a man today. I guess when they wiped the memory it was not a complete erasure.
    Wow...Barbara Eden was hot! Love her dress and shoes in that first scene getting off the bus. If it was possible to be transported into that scene, I would.

The Lennon Sisters on Lawrence Welk...all those petticoats.....wow

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    "Dynasty" - Linda Evans in those gorgous gowns descending down those long stairs. i loved watching her.
    "Green Acres" - Ava Garbor in those gorgous flowing nightgowns. i was smitten by nightgowns at a young age.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

How about Tom Hanks in busom buddies

Aspiring Member
    how about gun smoke and the wild wild west all those corseted beauties, they were not just zipped into there tight satin clothes they were laced in and tied ! and damb I cant undo knots infront of me!

Diana Rigg in the Avengers.

I couldn't wait until Steed would say, "Mrs. Peel, we're needed!"

Prene, I think you mean Ellie May she was in the Hillbilly's AKA Donna Douglas Jenni
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    Dukes of Hazard...Daisy Duke...enough said!
    Very true indeed. Also Three's Company (Janet, being a very early role model of mine), Wonder Woman, Solid Gold, Star Search, Fame and all of those cursed 80's areobic shows.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I loved Honey West - the opening credits had her in a gorgeous shiny dress - sequins or satin, I can't remember.
    I loved some of the Musical Variety shows - Jackie Gleason and Dean Martin both had sketches in drag, but then they would have the June Taylor dancers in really amazing outfits.
    Dean Martin's gold diggers featured a wide variety of great fashions, on a great variety of very different types of women.
    Benny Hill also had a dance group, and an awesome costume designer, not to mention lots of scenes with women in garters, stockings, and heels.
    I really miss the 1960s fashions. Back then ALL of the girls in school could ONLY wear skirts, and even though they were supposed to be no more than 4 inches above the knee - the skirts could be adjusted so that a too short skirt could be pulled down by the time you got to the dean's office. There were also the sweater-dresses, worn with nude or tan sheer hose, rather than leggings as they are today. Many of those old shows from the 1960s featured those fashions.

Laugh-in always had a nice variety of great outfits from up-and-coming designers.

Shows like Bewitched, That Girl, Mod Squad, Partridge Family, All in the Family, and most of the detective shows of the day - featured great outfits by top designers of the day, most included a wide variety of styles, but lots of nice skirts, satin or brightly colored. Part of this was because television was moving from black-and-white to color, and they wanted to make the colors as bright as possible. At the same time, the needed lots of contrast so that those who still watched in black-and-white could see something they still wanted to watch.

Early MTV videos were always great, because MTV knew that if they laced the programming with lots of videos of women in short skirts, lingerie, exotic outfits, and so on, that people would be more likely to stay tuned, or better yet, tape the show. On MTV, the ads were sometimes better than some of the videos.

In 1969, our school voted to let the girls wear pants, and the boys could wear shorts. ALL of the girls wore pants all winter, but in the spring, when I and a few others tried to wear shorts, we were dragged over the asphalt until our legs bled, then dragged by our feet until our chests bled. This was done AT THE DIRECTION of the gym coach, who told the jocks to make sure that any sissy who wore shorts would not look good in them - and would not wear them to school again. My rebellion has been to wear short shorts as often as I can during the summer, as short as possible, with or without wig, makeup, and bra, and to keep the legs totally hairless.

I don't miss a LOT of the 1960s and 1970s. The Vietnam war, the draft, the trashed economy, Watergate, and never knowing if this would be the day the nukes came down - but I do miss the fashions.

Bosom Buddies, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Phillips View Post
    The Dick Van Dyke show. Laura Petrie with her capri pants.
    That Girl. Ann Marie (Marlo Thomas) with her cute hair and mod fashions
    Ah yes,Laura Petries capri pants,and cute flats,I always wanted a pair of flats like hers.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post

I just love the high heels they wore back then,I wish I could find a pair of them,and yes Barbara Eden was a real Babe,she married Mike Ansara,she met him while she was making the movie,Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea,and if you have seen that movie,you know.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Lynn View Post
    I just love the high heels they wore back then,I wish I could find a pair of them,and yes Barbara Eden was a real Babe,she married Mike Ansara,she met him while she was making the movie,Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea,and if you have seen that movie,you know.
    Oh I know, I have that in my CD\DVD collection. LOL

On a little more current note, playing on HBO right now is a movie called TransAmerica. It's pretty good.

Silver Member
    Joan Collins in Dynasty was always a favorite of mine, and Delta Burke in Designing Women. I was probably the only teenage boy who watched that show, but wow I though Suzanne Sugarbaker was incredibly sexy... her full figure, those gorgeous and elegant 80s blouses and skirt suits, the 4" heels, she even wore a corset (underneath her clothes) on the show on occasion. (And wigs too)

Married with Children. Christine Applegate in her tight dresses and pantyhose! Night Court. Loved Marky Post.

Petticoat Junction comes to mind with Kates three daughters, then there was Green Acres with Eva Gabor, also Elly Mae Clampett in her skin tight jeans and checkered shirt tied at the waist.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land