Thread: Faux Pas?

Faux Pas?

Yesterday I saw a woman (GG) walking down the street wearing a very chic, long, slim, tan skirt with low heels. I admired her look from the front but then as she passed I noticed that she was wearing knee high nylons and the tops of the nylons were showing below the top of the slit with every step! Ugh! I think this is a faux pas for anyone, GG or CD! What do you think, girls? Have you seen other faux pas by either GGs or CDs?

Love,
    Stephanie Kay

Can we say that some people are more careful about their appearance than others. Or else they don't have a door mirror. GG don't have to worry about passing.

It could be the start of someting new...who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Star
    It could be the start of someting new...who knows?
    ... like bra straps showing?
    [SIZE=5]Natalie [SIZE=4](the Tranny Granny)[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]The thantom phread killer striks again[/SIZE]

oh where to stop...
    um first white pantyhose don't look good on anyone....but black pantyhose and white shoes....even worse!

anything with fringe...I have visions of those old leather jacekts from the 80's!

oversized shoulder pads.....very cool circa Dynasty..

see it all the time in the 'burbs and it is frightening....

Obsessed with Heels Jessicafreed's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kathy gg
    oh where to stop...
    um first white pantyhose don't look good on anyone....but black pantyhose and white shoes....even worse!

anything with fringe...I have visions of those old leather jacekts from the 80's!

oversized shoulder pads.....very cool circa Dynasty..

see it all the time in the 'burbs and it is frightening....
    I think white pantyhose or tights look good with a black or gray skirt and black shoes or a brown skirt and brown shoes.

I definitely agree with the black pantyhose and white shoes. They are awful together.

I hate women who wear open toe shoes without having their toenails painted. Also I think it is unprofessional to wear open toe shoes to work.

That is the problem. Most GG's take being a woman for granted and don't care about their appearance or having to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicafreed
    I hate women who wear open toe shoes without having their toenails painted. Also I think it is unprofessional to wear open toe shoes to work.

That is the problem. Most GG's take being a woman for granted and don't care about their appearance or having to pass.

Guilty... on both above. I very rarely paint my toenails, but wear open toed shoes. I'm also guilty of wearing open toed shoes to work. What I can't stand worse, is opened toed shoes and SOCKS!!!! That looks terrible... get some hose or something.

Also, (being that I'm a larger women I feel that I can say this) I can't stand to see "large" women in extremely tight shirts/ pants. I believe in loving my body no matter what I look like... but I don't go and show off every tummy roll that I have. (try not to anyways )
    [SIZE=2]For those that wanted me to come up with my own unique name.....
    You can just call me........

SILK
    [/SIZE]

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    Seems okay to me.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.

not good ??

some people should really look in mirror before they go outside. i know i do.

I agree that looks tacky. Unless you're going clubbing and it's an environment where looking a bit naughty as acceptable.

Since this has become a wee bit of a rant over other fashion no-no's, I'll add mine. But it's mostly just an opinion I have. I'm sure others may see it another way.

I have noticed that many of the fashions out right now actually make today's young women look more pudgy than they are! I see girls with perfectly decent figures looking like they've had one twinkie too many and it makes me sad.

The biggest culprits are the too-tight shirts, the low-slung jeans that cause even the faintest hint of hip fat to bulge over the top of the waistband creating some very unflattering lines, and the cheap-hoe-stripper looking dresses made of stretch polysester knits. Combined with improperly fitted undergarments, it makes lovely young women look like clueless fashion disasters from the disco era.

And I'm not even that much of a clothes-horse. Hopefully fashion will change for the better soon, and start re-introducing more flattering cuts and fits. We can look sexy without looking like we're trying to fit into our trampy (and significantly thinner) cousin's outfits! hehehe

cute new member

Smile

i saw a gg the other day that caught my eye.

i was driving down the street on a beautiful sunny afternoon through a crowded shopping precinct and as i was stopped at the lights this one gg caught my attention.

she was wearing a short mini skirt and low cut tied off tight top but what shocked me was that she was a larger chested girl and was not wearing a bra at all, and it was quite evident she wasnt as the twins were jumping all over the place.

im kinda sure she had intended this look as she had a large smile on her face when she caught me looking and was simply walking down the street and trying to accentuate her assets, but in the middle of the day it just seemed an interesting look and definately out of the ordinary, but as i say that she seemed to be having fun with it so the best of luck to her.

once again she certainly caught my eye and im sure others noticed too but she was lapping up the attention from what i could see.

kisses,

cd_isabelle

There are two things that immediately pop into my mind when I think of fashion faux pas, either for crossdressers or GG's.
    1 -- Visible Panty Line -- teenage boys love to see the outline of tiny bikini bottoms on women, but c'mon now, a little discretion goes a long way. I won't even get into exposed thongs.
    2 -- Orange skin -- I'm talking about the cheap, spray on, autumn sunset hued tans that make you look like an extra in the next Willie Wonka movie. Uggh!
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe