Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why must my hobby be associated with TECHNO music? Blech!

Quote Originally Posted by JustineFallow View Post
    Dance music in general is not my cup of tea at all (monotony! ear-mauling bass!). But if I may make a suggestion, how about for the next week when doing our make-up we all make sure to play some Amy Winehouse in her memory?
    Amy is dead? Wow! And here's me thinking that i'd be hearing her drug f'd no talent voice for decades yet! What a relief!
    So sorry but her 'music' is banned in this house!

But yes, I would rather she'd just quit singing and found some broadway producer to marry than die that young!
    I..

My Yin is meeting my Yang..
    When people can only see the circle,
    Then I will be complete!

At my age, I don't what half of this stuff is, but I'll take some of my old blues and listen to that when while dressing, rather fond of Koko Taylor, and Etta James myself, as for listening to Amy Whinehouse, for a month, I had just as soon fill my ears with hot wax and hear nothing than listen to her. That's why I gave up bars years ago, I just can't stand the music in most of them. I prefer concerts where I can make sure of who and what I'm listening to. As for videos, I'll put up with there music, if they will teach me something I can use, even if I have to listen to there crappy music.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

8rys, going on walkabout
    from a copyright point of view the video police are less likely to shut down a video with an obscure dance song soundtrack. Also, consider the traget audience is not men 35-60, but women ages 17-30 (club age) drag queens and fashionistas. (all expected sub cultures expected to be into the " in thing")
    It is hard to say that jazz music and rock are not great, but there is a world of new types of music out there thanks to he internet. As example, my pandora radio has 30 stations that I listen to on a regular bassis stations ranging from celtic rock to new age flow, asian traditional, to electronica.
    As for Amy Winehouse, it's a shame she passed away. But much like the drug addled jazz musicians of the twenty's and thirty's and rock stars of the sixty's seventy's great potential was snuffed out before there time. the club of 27 claims another. (google it if need be) I thought her music was pretty good as a gateway drug to classic lounge music, much like Clapton to the blues.
    Last edited by Chloe Renee; 07-24-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: voice to text fail...

Aspiring Member
    Ok ill contribute to this thread too!

i do listen to Real industrial radio on shoutcast almost everytime i dress.

But i have a love affair with Fiona Apples Tidal album there are songs on that album that "sing" to my heart like Pale September and Sullen Girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifQzYuKCpYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLdAGJbk_U

and this is a touchy subject for me as of late but Amy Winehouses rehab album is one of my favs. Before i even knew who she was i had downloaded her album and loved it only to later find out she was an artist who was a total mess. I had for a long time sent sober vibes in her direction in hopes that she would find her path. I was truly sad to hear of her Oding.

Check out the background during this video you will all love it. It shows Diversity at its best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojdbDYahiCQ&ob=av2e

Also: these two bands get my inner girl wanting to dance Alice in Videoland and The Birthday Massacre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SREZ-ggSDjM
    (PS. i wanted to post the "In the Dark" video by The Birthday Massacre but i dont want to offend anyone, so you can you tube it on your own)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBMr02_5ohU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZdx4IeHw-g&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LORlmYchDF4&NR=1

Enjoy,
    -Donni-

What I wouldn't give to go to a trans club and hear some punk rock. Some metal. Some classic rock. Some frikkin variety in the music they play. One of the main reasons I don't go to the clubs is because of the crappy music played by the crappy DJs. Sigh... gotta get that capital investment and open my own club.

Quote Originally Posted by punkduckmargot View Post
    What I wouldn't give to go to a trans club and hear some punk rock. Some metal. Some classic rock. Some frikkin variety in the music they play. One of the main reasons I don't go to the clubs is because of the crappy music played by the crappy DJs. Sigh... gotta get that capital investment and open my own club.
    I'd go to a club like that! Just because I wear women's clothes doesn't mean I can't be teh metuhlz.

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    I like dubstep! There's a lot of variation on the bpm, some is closer to dnb, some is more housey. You've just gotta skank.
    Wow...LOL...what language is that? I have to admit I have no idea what you mean with bpm, dnd, housey, or skank...nor trance for that matter. I'm guessing if I don't know what it is, I probably don't want to hear it putting on makeup, but that's just me. I'll just be "wasting away in Margaritaville."
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by wino_tg_girl
    Why must my hobby be associated with TECHNO music? Blech! There is nothing worse than watching youtube vids to get makeup tips and having that awful soundtrack.
    What a terrible stereotype! We're all trans here. What do you think? Do you find the beat irresistible, or do you loathe it as I do?
    [SIZE="2"]Well, you can always turn the sound down, of OFF, but I know what you mean…

I don’t see (or hear) Techno as a suitable soundtrack for alternative wardrobe explorations. I have some in my collection, but it’s not appropriate for my kind of presentation – my world does not require an incessant beat, nor does it need showy glitz, glamour, or bright lights. What would be an appropriate accompaniment for anything Trans? It depends, I suppose. I would choose something quiet, but I’m actively trying to merge with the wallpaper – now and then a rhythm, but not Trance, even though I’m IN a trance when I dress. Experimental/Ambient may be the best fit for me, since I’m experimental, I like to blend in with my surroundings, and you definitely can’t DANCE to it…

PS - it's NOT a hobby, darling...
    [/SIZE]

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    I love the sound of electronic and techno. And when it's combined with rock or metal, it's my second favorite sub-genre. More upbeat techno is also one of my favorite genres to listen to while I exercise, and I find the beat to make it easier to maintain a faster pace.
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein