Thread: Absence of "his" and "hers"

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar

Absence of "his" and "hers"

Hi all,

As I got out of the shower today it suddenly occured to me that our bathroom is totally absent of the whole "his" and "hers" thing that often goes on in houses where different people share the bathrooms.

By that I mean often you see "her shampoo" on one side of the tub and "his shampoo" on the other, or her soft puff ball sponge on one side and his wash cloth on the other, or maybe his shaving foam and her shaving gel.

In our house Marla and I share everything, the same shower gel, the same shampoo, the same shaving foam, we even use the same deodorant. I don't have any aftershave or masculine fragances either because I wear her perfume.

I was wondering how many of you have bathrooms and bedrooms like ours that lack the tell tale signs of "his" and "her"? Or if you do have a "his" and "her" separation thing going on what kinds of things do you not share and why? If you are someone who lives alone and a stranger visited your bathroom or bedroom would they be able to tell if a man or woman lived in the house?
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Platinum Member
    lol you know i never thought abought that...just realy went and looked ...no were in the bathroom is a "him" thing at all.....lol....maybe "he" moved out....

The only him things in our bath room is a basket that has deoderents and aftershave that has accumulated from Christmas preses etc thy just sit there never used
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

GypsyKaren
    There are no more "him" things in our bathroom, except we both have our own razor for shaving. I use all femme products for eveything, and me and my wife share.

GypsyKaren

Angel,

My wife and I share almost everything. We use the same shower gel, shampoo, shaving cream (satin care), deodorant (lady speed stick). We both have our own perfume, cologne.

Misty

never thought about it some things shared some not bathroom is small so no room for lots of stuff.

Banned Read only
    In my bathroom there is only general items. Mine and the kids. Anything feminine is put away in my bedroom.

We share everything except shampoo because hers is for colored treated hair. But, we still use the same brand. We even have matching razors. I have one small shelf with him cologn on it. I will not give up my stetson for going out of family dinners. Other than that we share.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

We have separate bathrooms, what with all our stuff there is too much for both of us to keep in the same bathroom.
    DonnaT

My wife and I share everything, shampoo, deorderant, razors, blades, shave creme, perfume and clothes.

Still His and Hers

We still have his and hers. Not enough acceptance to toss all of my drab gear. But I use her soaps most of the time. They smell better. She's even whispered in my ear I smell good from time to time.
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Darling
    In our house Marla and I share everything, the same shower gel, the same shampoo, the same shaving foam, we even use the same deodorant. I don't have any aftershave or masculine fragances either because I wear her perfume.
    This is a nice image, Angel - I hope I can have that some day.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Hi Angel,

That is such a cool image, sharing everything, it's so sweet.

I don't have an SO, but you would be hard pressed to tell sometimes. I have boy and girl stuf in both the bathroom and bedroom. I have more boy stuff in the bedroom than girl stuff, but it is starting to even out. My bathroom is the other way, much more girl stuff, only really a man's razor, and hopefully I will be able to get rid of that one day in the near future too.

You are both very lucky to have each other

Mona xx

his and hers

Our bathroom at our house looks like their is four women living in the same house(room mates). Both of my daughters have their own shampoo, shower gel, shave gel and razors and then my wife and I share shower gel, shampoo, shave gel and we each have our own razor. And the toilet is lever lifted up or left in the up position, so it would be very hard for a stranger to know that a male lives in our house.
    Kayla Horn

I never really thought about that until you asked. Well... since Tam moved back in, in our bathroom, the only extra thing now is 'his' razor and shaving gel. Everything else we share Same shampoo, same body wash, Tam even has a pinkish toothbrush (no we dont share that eww...). Now... our bedroom on the other hand is another story...... I have 2 shelves full of femmy stuff... and just shoved right in the corner are I think maybe 3 bottles of 'his' aftershave and 1 bottle of 'his' deodorant
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

HTGurl and I share a lot... deorderant, hairspray, toothpaste, etc. She still buys me my own soap but I'd just as soon use hers. We also use different shampoo's but only because she has color treated hair (don't tell her I told you) . But my shampoo is girlie style!

We're just starting to redecorate the bedroom. By the time we're done, we'll have new a bedspread, sheets, pillow covers, throw pillows, bed skirt, curtins, pictures, lamps, nightstands, bed frame, EVERYTHING! All guy stuff will be g-o-n-e!
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Hi Angel

We share all the same toiletries in our house, as we don't see the need for 'his' and 'hers', even the shaving gel is pink. Well apart from that is our own Venus, 'ladyshaves'.
    Samantha xx

One day I will think of something profound to write here!!!!!!!!!!

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly
    We're just starting to redecorate the bedroom. By the time we're done, we'll have new a bedspread, sheets, pillow covers, throw pillows, bed skirt, curtains, pictures, lamps, nightstands, bed frame, EVERYTHING! All guy stuff will be g-o-n-e!
    Marla and I have been trying to decorate our bedroom for the last 2 years, we just never seem to be able to find the time. I would so love to have a girly decorated bedroom - I would love it if you posted some pics when you're done.

Btw....I missed you, when you were gone.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Hi Angel Darling!

I'm not sure what someone might think of our bathroom.

There's not alot of "guy" stuff, though Tracy and I have our own shampoos and soaps. We use the same shave cream for our legs, and two "female" razors adorn the wall of the tub. (We have people who clean once a month. I sometimes wonder what they think. ) I have a separate guy razor for my face. Tracy doesn't wear much makeup, and mine comes out only when I have my occasional night out; it's packed so that I can just grab it and go.

It's funny though. Sometimes people will notice we're wearing the same colors. It isn't as if we coordinate, it just happens. Now if I could just convince her that we should wear the same dresses...
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work