Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How has the internet affected your crossdressing?

opened up the world, back in the 70's did the research available where I live, real backwater, and all that was available was mostly clinical studies. Not much help up here and with the internet so much information that is real world.

We all have our dreams... AmiFL's Avatar
    When I started dressing at 15 I thought I was sooooo weird and the only one that did this..... but I could never stop. The internet from it's infancy showed me I was not weird or alone. I cannot dress to easily now, but I can share Ami as a vitual beauty thanks to www.taaz.com and www.faceinhole.com. Plus I have made such wonderful cd and tg friends that I can bare my soul and share my deepest feelings with.

The internet realy open my eyes. I was putting women clothes since early teens but never understood why & why I need to dress in women clothes. But since I got the computer [about 6 yrs ago] I came out my shell and I understand why I need to dress and it help my wife understand me & charly better. It made a huge drifferance in the way I dress and the style & help me hugly with make up. The internet transformed me into who I am today & will contuine

ANy of you younger girrls out there can never feel alone like the older ones from my era did. We each thought we were the only weirdo's on the face of this Earth, and surely we would be damned. The internet opened up the door to let light in on us and our lifestyle.

I also used to think I must be the only crossdresser on earth. I did see CDs in the city centre at night but they were often gaudily "dragged up" and I never wanted to be like that. I have always had difficulty in expressing my softer emotions and although I love being a man and doing man things I also need to be Nicola sometimes.

The comming of the internet has shown me that I am not alone in my feelings and actions. I don't feel as weird anymore.
    Consider this, I viewed the internet about CDing for many years before I joined this forum - I wonder just how many other people there are out there like us, but not counted?

Junior Member Nolwenn Elizabeth's Avatar
    The internet has shown me that there are all kinds of CD: from men who just CD to men who are TG. 15 - 20 years ago I thought you had to be TG if you wanted to crossdress. I also thought it was weird and deviant and "bad." Now I can see that it isn't; that other men like me do it; and many men want different things from it. I'm more at peace with it.
    Une femme cachée ?* l'intérieur de moi

(the hidden woman inside of me)

Aspiring Member
    The INTERNET allowed me to lurk at the edges of on line groups so I could watch what nuttiness ensued . by passing the local Liberians prudishness on what they allowed on the shelves of the local library gave me insight to the vastness of what is kink, perversion and just the same old . the information used as reflection helped with centering, shedding unhealthy feeling based on innuendos from comments made by inebriated elders.
    why local high school libraries don't have 1/4 of their books on what is human sexuality is and how to manage it , is a disservice to all .

Considering my age group is part of the internet explosion, I would have to say a significant amount. I find myself looking up things in google that I dont fully comprehend. While I was a kid I expermented with womens cloths and found a liking to them. Fastforeward ten years to my second girlfriend. Girly girl all the way, and I loved the way she dressed. I realized at one point that I wanted to look as good as she did. When this thought first crossed my mind, it scared me. But, after doing alittle research and finding this site and some others ive come to the conclusion theres nothing to be afraid of, I just like to look pretty in some clubwear, heels and makeup. I love being me and me is all I ever want to be, a guy. I just wish my girlfriend would understand that.

Besides that, buying stuff without seeing anyone is a big plus.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    The internet has made me feel good about myself. Realizing I am not the only one that does this was a great relief. You could be hetro and still like doing this, I always thought I must be homosexual but I had zero interest in guys that way. That had me all screwed up.
    CD'ers come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. That was the eye opener for me.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Fortunately I have understood my sexuality since I was a child. Im not attracted to guys, im not attracted to girls. Im attracted to both. I love the looks of a girl, and the masculinity of a guy. It may be 55/45 girls/guys but either way I like both. Ofcourse If you threw some random attractive guy infront of me and put him next to my girlfriend, I would pick her every single time. The same cant be said for two random beautiful people though.

I have realized that I am not a freek and crossdressing is a normal part of me and who I am. I also realize that I am not alone in the aspect of me.
    Amanda

Hi, my name is Claire and I have only just joined this group so I am very much the new girl here.

Of course, the internet has had a marvellous impact on my cross dressing which is why I am a member of this group. It is wonderful to know there are lots of other girls like me out there and I no longer feel ashamed for wanting to dress as a girl and to be feminine and submissive.

I am hoping that this forum will help in my development as a girl and allow me to accept what I am. I have had the desire to dress as a girl since I was a little boy and now at 23 it is stronger than ever. I love to dress in different roles but especially as a little girl and I feel as though I am a five year old girl trapped in the body of an adult male. But I also like to dress as a maid and as a normal girl of 23. I have lots of cross dressing fantasies which I hope will be come reality with time.

Love,

Claire

xx

Well, prior to the internet, I thought I was all alone in this world, the only man in existence who liked to wear dresses and high heels. I dressed only in closed, locked rooms, using borrowed clothing, and stuffed socks in a bra to emulate breasts. I wore no wig, had no shoes to speak of, and owned only one or two items of feminine attire.

Since then, I have been on an adventure of self-discovery and learning, finding out that there is an entire segment of the world's population that is just like me in many ways. I now can dress in a way that closely emulates an actual woman, so much so that I can nearly pass in public, I have a nice wig and a set of real breast forms, and a wardrobe that.....well....that is way too big, really. I've been out several times in public, made many new friends, and learned to accept myself for who and what I am. And that's the best part of it all.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Its hard for us to judge the impact of the internet. Everything mentioned prior to this post would have happened in our lives. We would have furthered our dressing to going out or wearing a wig and hanging out in the house. All of these things would have eventually happened. I think the only impact on our lives the internet has made, in terms of dressing, is we see the success others have had doing what we desire to do, and we think we will succeed too. The internet does not push us farther than we are willing to go, it just speeds up the process.

I think has help my a lot and hurt me a lot, the more i find about dressing, makeup, and crossdressing, the more i get in trouble sometimes but my wife and are learning a lot

It got me to this site and has helped me learn more about myself and besides that I have been able to buy everything I need to become a woman very discreetly. Lola
    Lola M.

It's helped me tremendously. I realized i wasn't the only one out there and you can be a normal guy with a secret hobby

Quote Originally Posted by christina s View Post
    It's helped me tremendously. I realized i wasn't the only one out there and you can be a normal guy with a secret hobby
    This says it best for me. Thank you for posting this!!!

LOL - The Internet is, for me, the only source for high heels in my size!

I go way back to the 50's when I started dressing, the 70's I was doing make up and had wigs, full wardrobe, and I read a lot. I remember Christine, and Renee Richards, sos I knew there was others out there, that had the same type of desires I had. I had found all the books at the Adult book stores on the subject of Transvestites, and Chicks with d...(you know the rest).But never knew how to find another person like me, then my kid turned me on to the INTERNET, it took a while before I learned enough to use it to find my first CD site, not only was I not alone, there where thousands of us, maybe millions, and the freedom to talk about something I had never had anyone around that could truly know what I mean when I say I have to dress, I don't want to, I have to. I wish I could have been a John Wayne type, but I'm more like Bea Aurthur, so be, that's who I am. All of you, and another site like this I used to belong to have helped me realize, this is who I am, and I like me, just the way I am.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    The Internet has educated me about something that no school or other establishment would ever do and that's had a hugely positive effect on my well-being. And it means that I no longer have to buy ladies lingerie in the local department store with my face beet red and heart pounding.

It has been great to know I am not alone.

I have meet some truly wonderful people on line in sorted chat rooms with this common bond

I have read others experiences and used them as a challenge, comic relief, and as a confirmation that it is OK to be who I am in life.

I pray that others use the net to learn that we are just people like everyone else.

The internet, specifically this forum has greatly encouraged me - I find it very comforting that I'm not the only heterosexual male that loves to also be a woman a good part of her time when home. If fact, thanks to the internet, I found that there is a significant amount of straight males that cross-dress and is quite normal. As result, I have fully embraced my feminine side and I think its made me a better or mentally healthy person overall. Funny though, even though I see myself as a straight CD, there is also a strong desire that at times I really wish I was born a girl - I really want to feel fully what it means to be a woman, emotionally and physically (I REALLY want to feel and experience sexuality from a female perspective) - if that makes any sense....
    Last edited by Mrs Roads; 08-10-2011 at 07:27 PM.

hi,

Well there is this concept called the "Disinhibition Effect" that affects us on the internet, where we tend to share too much, trust too much, distort reality too much, expose too much...etc

The way it affected me...

Have you ever seen a two-year old around a X-Mas tree the night before Christmas? Now, imagine leaving that kid alone for a couple minutes, and watching what he does...

kinda like that...lol

E
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    From the days as a teen without a computer to my first forays into the internet and email in the early 90's (2400 baud modems = patience testers!) I wondered why I felt as I do. Shopping in person was treacherous for my nerves but I managed to purchase and squirrel away a small collection of lingerie. Still, I dreamed of much more from what I had seen on television and on the streets and had no access to such fineries.

In the last five years the internet has shown me a variety of sites to order from and fulfil my earliest wishes of wearing colourful and exciting clothes and for this it has been wonderful. Learning vicariously from so many like-minded people and reading the extremes of this facet of life has been very rewarding and hopefully I have managed to give a little back along the way.

Almost 20 years later the internet has been a incredible game-changer. I wonder what the next 20 will do with our crossdressing worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    I know what it's done to my bank account with it being so easy to get nice things from the comfort of your own home. Shop shop till your PC melts.