Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A life-long desire to simply be pretty

A life-long desire to simply be pretty

Since I was a little boy, the one thing I wanted in life was to be pretty. I've always admired pretty women and how they dress. Perhaps all of us here are like that. I've described the ever-present longing to my wife and others who want to get a better understanding of CDing.

It's a very powerful thing to yearn for something literally every day of your life for decades, and have society say it's off-limits. We hear that such a desire is evil or sick, when you know that your desire is just innocent and pure. My yearning has been so strong it physically hurt, like having a large lump in my throat when you hear about something really sad.

When I even think about what I'm going to wear next, my heart will actually skip a beat and/or it'll take my breath away. I'm not exaggerating at all; it is that exciting and completing for me. It isn't sexual. To put together an outfit along with makeup, jewelry, perfume, and a smile...I can't express how happy that makes me. That happiness I'm finally enjoying is proof to me that my life-long desires were indeed pure.
    Last edited by Amanda22; 08-01-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Many of us here can identify with what you have posted.
    Hugs, Carole

so, beyond "ditto", what can I say. You said it and well.
    Sarah M..,
    Women's clothes? I don't put them on, I just grew into them.
    http://sarahjanus.wordpress.com
    www.facebook.com/sarah.m.janus

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    As I explain it to my wife, I smile outside and inside when Im made up Something I dont do much off when Im a boy.

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    This is exactly what drives me to CD. I want to look like a woman, a pretty one. It is not so much about the clothes but about the overall result end, even with my limitation. When I see Kathryn in the mirror, I feel so, so, so happy. The same happiness you feel, Amanda...

xxx
    Kathryn

Oh Yes.... for me it about how things feel...
    Last edited by Kaz; 08-01-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Very well said! Although with me, I found out that by the time I found out how to be pretty I was too damn old to be pretty!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Same feelings for me. I know its a big stretch, but at a minimum I want to feel pretty...

sometims i'm up,sometimes i'm down but i'm at my best when she's around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said. I know exactly how you feel.

My goodness, Amanda, did you hit the nail on the head for me today. I took the kids to the pool again and there was this very pretty woman there. She had her three daughters with her as well. She was dressed so stylishly and was just the epitome of femininity and all I could think about was how bad I wish I had that life. As soon as I got home I went and tried on new earings I got and that little time as the real me helped me feel closer to what I want to be. Thanks for your post to let me know I am not alone in these feelings.

Danielle
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I agree with you Amanda. You said since you were a little boy you wanted to be pretty. I remember as a child that I wanted to be a lady. Other boys wanted to be policeman, cowboys etc. I wanted to grow up and be a pretty lady.

Until i got up to the age of 17 or 18 i didn't think much about how i dressed or looked. However as i started to get older i found i enjoyed pretty things and loved to look good. As i have gotten even older now i find that looking good means look fem to me and i just love dressing and being my girly self.

Bingo! You nailed it! One of the primary reasons I like to crossdress is because I enjoy being pretty. And "pretty" is off-limits for guys. Ladies get lingerie and boys get burlap. I see elegant women, and I long to be able to address my life in the same way they are able to. I love and appreciate all the blessings I have in my life, but there's a huge hole in it where the "pretty" should be. So I fill it in my own time in my own way, and I get a little closer to actual fulfillment in my life. I may be a man, but I have a great appreciation for things that are fine and delicate, pretty and feminine. I like scented soap, perfume, lace, and fine fabrics. I like wearing hosiery and high heels. I like curls in my hair, and dangly earrings. All of this is taboo for men. But crossdressing Helps to fill the void.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I think if it feels right it must be right.Creates fond memories that will last.

Terri

Although a strong desire to look pretty is what drives me today, I don't think I was always like that. As a boy, I just wanted to be able to wear certain kinds of clothing; I didn't really think of myself as pretty when I wore it. In fact, I never even thought about using makeup until about 10 years ago.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It was NEVER enuff for me to just dress, Amanda. I simply HAVE to look attractive to my male self in the mirror! I don't need to BE a pretty woman, just look like one! And, the prettier the better! Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Very well said! Although with me, I found out that by the time I found out how to be pretty I was too damn old to be pretty!
    I'll bet you're not as old as me, Cynthia! If u want something bad enuff, you can usually GET IT! I use the thot of how little time I have on earth and how long I'll be living in the ground as motivation!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Since Tina first arrived when I was 55, being pretty didn't seem to be a factor. Yet, there are various forms of what might be considered "pretty". Just walking in heels properly has an effect on the mind and body. Add to that the sensory input of stockings, a skirt, lingerie, breastforms, long hair, long earrings, makeup (especially lip gloss), and other jewelry. And then add voice and deportment and ..well, you see what I mean

All of that adds up to "pretty" internally, even if external is a bit...well..mature. And then it spills over to wanting one's guy side to be "sharp"!

Quite compelling!

tina

Oh, Amanda! One of the clearest and best written posts I've ever seen on here! Beautiful!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Amanda, your post should be required reading to help our SOs understand us a bit better. You've described my feelings perfectly.

Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

If I can ever get just one guy to think I'm pretty, it would mean the world to me. Not having much luck though.
    typos? Errors? Sent from my phone!

Banned Read only
    I have been very fortunate back in the late 1997 to about 2000 when I was out and about a lot in Toronto Gay District. I do not wish to sound conceited or above others but I did get a lot of compliments from both men who sometimes bought me a drink( yes only one-I would not take advantage of them),other CD/TV/TG's and some women.
    I believe the fact that being only 5 "6 and 135 lbs or so definitely help the equation LOL.
    Now being 10 years older and with fluctuating weight and a few more line of course its a little different as I don't venture out quite as much though my GF tells me I have gorgeous pretty eyes and make a fine lady LOL

I do agree though the need to be pretty never truly seems to diminish.......

Hugs Victoria P

When I was a kid, it wasn't really about being pretty; I just thought I was supposed to be a girl. An average looking girl would have been fine. But I think every girl wants to be pretty, and I'm no different in that way from the rest. I just wouldn't want to be ugly or homely.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi,

To tell the truth i never thought of being pretty . & at close enough to 64 i never wont to be pretty. most of my life iv been quite happy in my self as it goes . i did not see being pretty as some thing i needed.

strange you may say . what was very important for me was to be accepted tho i'v allway's been a woman it was about acceptance, that surpassed being pretty . i have acceptance that mean's far more than my looks or being a pretty female / woman. my prettyness or beauty comes from inside.

Thats how i see it , & as i learn from others they see that as well. so a pretty ....cool ... woman will that do, & that comes from others . not my word's.

& im really humbled by what people have said of me .

...noeleena...

While I doubt I can actually "be" pretty, I love wearing wearing pretty things and making the attempt - it makes me "feel" pretty.