Thread: How has this forum helped you to better understand your need to crossdress?

How has this forum helped you to better understand your need to crossdress?

I have to start out by saying that I have spoken with some very wonderful and understanding people on here. I may have spoken too strongly about all of my pent up feelings in the beginning, but I have now found a balance in my life on how to better understand my feelings as to why I sometimes need to express my inner self by dressing. There are several friends on here that have been so understanding and then I said too much and it brought back hurtful memories, I never intended to do that.
    My main reason to visit this site more than a year ago was to see if there was anyone out there that would understand my feelings on being a CD. This site has turned my thoughts and feelings in a positive direction now and I have to thank everyone who has listened to me vent.
    Please tell us your story on how this site has helped you.

Thank you for listening to me express myself,

Rebecca

Former Member
    It hasn't, I still don't have a clue as to why I crossdress. I have picked up some good pointers here though!

What is more important than learning why you dress is learning to accept it, and how to best enjoy life as a crossdresser.

The need to crossdress is simple. I don't know why people make a big deal out of it. Your brain is part female, and therefore like women's clothes for the same reason they do. Dressing is the best way to make the female part of your brain feel accepted.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha43 View Post
    It hasn't, I still don't have a clue as to why I crossdress. I have picked up some good pointers here though!
    Samantha's right and IMO no one really knows why, nor do I need to know why. I enjoy dressing and will continue to do so. What this forum has done for me, is allow me to interact with a great group that has a common interest, much more so than when I am in male mode.

I think this board, as well as my experiences in Seattle, have helped me to understand why I have so little interest in what most here seem to derive so much pleasure from; namely, dressing as women and getting very involved their makeup, yet still had a desire to feel and act feminine.

I feel I've come to understand and truly accept myself as transgendered, a male who only wishes to be female. I've found that it's only when I'm on testosterone reducers and estrogen supplements (spirolactone, estradiol, etc) that I'm more than passingly interested in women's shoes, clothing, shopping and everything else associated with femininity. I'm happier now that I've made peace with that part of myself; I no longer care nearly as much about what other people think.

It has helped me understand that my thoughts and feelings in the matter are more complicated than I had thought. Still no progress is knowing why they exist in the first place. (Not that I obsess about knowing why - I realize I probably never will. Its just there, its my life, and I just keep trying to make the best of it.)
    Last edited by Danielle.N; 08-14-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Understand? Afghan banana stand! I blame ALL OF U!

My NEED to dress was severally hampered by my guilt before I found this site!

Since then, I've received help in rationalizing my dressing guilt nearly to the point it's gone!
    That, plus all the friends and encouragement seems to have increased my NEED!

Now, CDing without remorse, I'm having the time of my life!

That's about as far as my "understanding" of my CDing goes!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 08-14-2011 at 08:30 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

This site has completely opened my eyes and people posting on it have been inspirational! I was a well closeted CD for most of my life... then reached a point where I was trying to accept things and then I found this place. To know that there are so many others like me was just mind-blowing... to find that we are a very diverse bunch with very many different levels of interest/activity was equally mind-blowing... the site has allowed me to truly embrace who I am... I may not be acting in a totally open and honest way, but at least I know more now than I did 3 years ago.

Has it changed my life? Pretty much yes!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I really don't have any need to crossdress!! I do it because I like to!! And I have been doing it longer than most of you have been alive!! I do like this forum because there are a lot of interesting people who post on here! I found the forum after my wife passed away in 2005, and it has somewhat helped my loss!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gold Member
    Yes, this site has definitely changed my life. Prior to coming here, I never really explored this side of me, never really understood it and why I did it. Then, one day, I started to question myself, found this site on a Google search (of course), and have come to accept fully who I am. I've met many wonderful people here, a few of whom I have met in person (a truly wonderful experience), and have had a great deal of support in my development. This site also gave me the courage and confidence to come out to 2 good friends of mine (one male, the other female) who are very understanding and fully supportive. I believe I have managed to establish a nice balance between both my male half and female half, and continue to have fun, more so than ever before, and this site has played a large role in that development.