Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Father/Daughter Time and Nail Polish!

Father/Daughter Time and Nail Polish!

My daughter is 6 years old, and completely full of life, innocence, wonder, and excitement! Would that I had even half of her energy, I would be a happy camper!

Just a little while ago, completely out of the blue, my daughter asked me if she could paint my toenails. This is a request she had not ever made before, and it tickled me. My initial inclination was to gently say no, and move on to another activity. But as I was looking at her face, which was completely plastered with an innocent, sweet, joyful smile, I could not deny her, so I told her that she may paint my toe nails.

She immediately ran off to her play room, gathered her nail polishes (which, incidentally, unknown to her, are some of my old nail polishes), and set up an imaginary salon scenario. My daughter said it would cost one dollar (which is much cheaper than the nail salon I do go to), so I said great, and gave her a dollar.

As she painted each nail, I watched her intently. She was really into her work, concentrating hard, and trying to "stay within the lines." When she finished, she looked up and smiled at me, and asked how she did, and what I thought?

I made a big show out of studying her work product (each toe was painted a different color), and although obviously far from skillful (it does take much practice, after all ), I responded that she did a wonderful job, to which she beamed with great pride and joy!

Watching my daughter paint my toes, in the innocent world of the child that she exists within, was quite a remarkable sight! There is nothing better or more satisfying than spending time and playing with one's children, even if, as I learned this afternoon, such time unexpectedly includes having my toes painted in my daughter's imaginary nail salon!

It is a wonderful time to always remember! My daughters are 11 and 13, They have done mine and Moms many times!
    I love Jesus!
    Life is so much better now that I know who I am !

How cute, lovely story, that made me smile And I love that she charged you $1, how adorable!

Lovely story...I hope you gave her a good tip for her piggy bank
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Anne,
    What a wonderful and I'm sure will be a memorable story years from now. I had a similar experience when my daughter was 5, although she painted them while I was fell asleep watching TV.
    Always,
    Rachael

What a great story. I have never been that lucky!

That truly is a great story and a very special time with your daughter. Made me smile all over.

My youngest daughter (10) "threatens" to paint my toenails. I told her I did not care and even went so far once as to go and get her the polish I wanted and broguth it to her! Unfortunately she chickened out but I am working on her.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Great story. Would be nice to have video taped the session for you both to reflect on the magic childhood moment years from now. Too cute.

Anne,

Wonderful story!!! Made me cry (just a little) :-)

Huggs

Gold Member
    Those are special moments. Now you can sit there at the end of the week and show them back to her and let her know you went to work with them that way because they we so special.

Gold Member
    I LOVE hearing stories like that Anne. You know, I think that even if you weren't a CD'er, you would have let her do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    I LOVE hearing stories like that Anne. You know, I think that even if you weren't a CD'er, you would have let her do it anyway.

Thank you, and everyone else, for your kind response! But this is an interesting response - I was initially hesitant because I am a crossdresser. If I was not a crossdresser, given how hard I find it to resist my daughter's smile, I have no doubt I would have let her paint my nails. But if she asks again in the future, based on how sweet and precious the moment was, I will absolutely indulge her. Unless she raises her prices, that is. At that point, we may have to negotiate further . . . .

Sounds like a wonderful experience - remember it fondly

Awwww....what a sweet story! Makes me wish my daughters knew when they were six so they could paint my toes! (25 and 20 and just told them a month ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    My daughter said it would cost one dollar (which is much cheaper than the nail salon I do go to), so I said great, and gave her a dollar.
    That is just awesome! LOL - The negotiating sessions that go on with my daughters for certain chores are pretty funny. Never for salon services though!

Nice story...If I had a daughter I'd let her paint my toenails anytime

Now here's a story that brings happy tears to my eyes! As far as raising the price goes! I think you should consiser inflation! I use to pay 25 cents for a gallon of gas and 10 cents for a loaf of bread!!!!!Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

How sweet! Thanks for sharing that. Sigh....I never had kids. It's like a big gaping hole in my life. You're a lucky lady.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Wow what a memory you two have created, it's a story you can tell the rest of her life. Cute that she thought to charge you. I have a granddaughter that age, they are precious aren't they.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Lovely story, brought back many warm memories when my children were young. My "baby" is 32 now !

Its all fun and games until you forget its there and pull your socks off in front of someone who doesn't expect it! Anyhow, even then, not such a big deal, I think most people would understand letting your kid do it.
    Chickie

Did she ask to go shopping with her dollar she worked so hard for? Maybe to get a new color?

Joanna

During the past couple of days since my daughter painted my toe nails, an interesting thing has occured. First, I have not removed the polish, and second, I have not worn socks covering my toes around the house. My nails are almost always painted, but covered when around others.

Our long time babysitter has seen my nails this week, a few neighbors, and a few friends. They have all commented how cute it is that my daughter did this.

SOOOOOOOO, this gives me an idea! My next pro pedicure is on Friday. I already have the color picked out - OPI's "The One That Got Away." Although true my nails now are each a different color, and it is a little messy (but in a completely adorable way!), perhaps I can use the same excuse after my pedicure! I can see it going down something like this:

Friend: I see your nails are painted a different color!

Me: Yes, my daughter painted them again!

Friend: But they are one color this time, perfectly filed, and the polish has been applied exquisitely!

Me: Well, my daughter has gotten much better at painting nails this past week. Which is a good thing, because she now charges a lot more!

Well, what do you think? Think it will work?

A really nice story of childhood innocence, Anne. Unfortunately, your story probably won't work with everybody.