Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we actually have anything in common?

Do we actually have anything in common?

Other than we crossdress. In my opinion no. We may stay in, or go out. We may be content to partially dress and even wear a beard or mustache. Some of us are sissies some of us wish to pass. What do we actually have in common other than clothes.
    I think it is human nature to want to have others be like us or for us to be like them. But what if we realy share nothing in common. Maybe that is what the disagreement is among crossdressers. Some folk feel we are a community and some dont care.
    Besides a crossdresser, I am also a guitar playing, 80's music loving, semi nudist, swimmer, who likes to watch cartoons, eat peanutbutter from the jar, and suck on icecubes. Whatever would I have in common with you, and whatever would u have in common with me.
    Thats just my opinion, but I am also an opinionated, pig headed, flatulent, bean eating, Opus loving ignaramus? So what about you? Do we have anything in common?

I am also a guitar player (sort of), ex competitive swimmer who watches cartoons, is sometimes guilty of excessive flatulence. If by Opus you mean the penguin from Bloom County, I enjoy him tremendously and I am an ice hockey fanatic who loves his dogs. I am however not pig headed. I am nothing but reasonable so we do not have anything in common!

Well, let's see......I play guitar, I'm opinionated (a little!), I like 70s and 80s music, I have a pool, and I've been known to go nude in it from time to time, I'm flatulent (occasionally), and peanut butter doesn't suck.

I'm also a golf-playing, beer-drinking, cigar-smoking Chicago Bears/Blackhawks/White Sox fan who drives too fast, swears too often, and procrastinates too much.

See? I'm just like anyone else.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I play guitar sometimes, watch cartoons and eat peanut butter. The important question is: natural or processed?, smooth or chunky? Natural and chunky for me.

Use to play a little guitar never was that good as i am tone deaf, love 80's music and while not a nudist would have no problem undressing with others that are.. Love cartoons, can't eat peanutbutter and sometimes enjoy eatting ice. I am opinionated and while i don't consider myself pighead i am sure there are some who think i am. I enjoy the kinder side of life but don't take that as permission to try and push me around. As Drag Queen Charlie Brown says, "When you push me you better remember one thing, deep down i am just a big old southern boy in a drees and i will put a hurting on you". I hate to see others in pain, i look for compromise any disagreements and feel like everyone should pull their own weight, when they can. We are all different yet we are all the same in most cases, we live, we die, we hurt, we cry, we rejoice, we help and we love...

Yes, I like to crossdress too and go out. I have been out with you and enjoyed some wonderful adventures in common. Oh, and we are both very beautiful human beings.

Transgender and Bisexual are two of the most inclusive groups you could imagine. Being transgendered spans the entire range from wanting to do specific things that are considered forbidden to our biological gender. This can range from just wanting to wear certain clothes, or just play with the girls instead of the boys. Bisexuals range from those who have occasional sexual fantasies to those who actively engage with both genders at the same time. These broad shades of gray open the community to a much larger population. If you include both groups together, those NOT in one of those two groups is probably less than 5% of the world's population.

What makes those who actively engage in transgendered or bisexual behavior remarkable is their ability to question the status quo, to challenge it, and to be powerful innovators. Look at those at the leading edge of any major technology and you will often find that those who question and challenge the status quo in technology or politics or economics have also questioned and sometimes challenged the stereotypes of gender and sexual preference.

When you look at those who rigidly stick to their ultimate stereotypes of being the "Masculine Man" mated to the "Feminine Woman" with rigid conformity, you often find oppressive religious beliefs, very conservative political viewpoints, and often very narrow minded thinking.

Perhaps some of the "homophobia" that lashes out against both the transgender and bisexual and gay community is anger at knowing that they have "played by the rules", waited until marriage before sex, then got married, and didn't get as much sex, or didn't get good sex, or in general found that marriage and the "missionary position" were not all they were cracked up to be, and because they never explored or discussed their fantasies, ended up frustrated with their partners. Lashing out at the guy in the dress, or the guys holding hands - is just their "socially acceptable" way of lashing out and expressing their anger and frustration about their own situation.

Former Member
    Well, lets see.

I am a crossdresser. I love the shooting sports, camping, boating (yes, I am a swimmer), home improvement projects, woodworking, college football, the occasional cold beverage and hanging out with family and friends. I do my best to be the best father and husband I can possibly be. I have been known to suffer from flatulence. I'm bull headed and very opinionated. I play guitar (kinda difficult when I have my nails on....), love '70s and '80s rock and roll, don't watch TV (except for the above mentioned college football) and believe peanut butter is best left in the jar. I go all out when I crossdress even though I can never pass. I am perfectly happy in my closet.

As with any community, there are people here with whom I resonate and others with whom I have no desire to interact.
    This is perfectly normal.

I play piano, I enjoy people, I teach, I drink in a convivial environment whenever I can.

They say that the thing we hate worst in someone else, is the same quality we have!! I like clasical music, cats, and all animals, shooting basketball, bicycling, swimming, fishing, all sports to some degree. Old cars. The Bible!!!! History, Talk radio , like Michael Savage, Dennis Prager, Glenn Beck, Alex Jones, Dr. Laura. Oh no, I can feel the darts, arrows, bullts, rocks, and yelling, gotta run!

What would be interesting is a detailed pole for the whole site to see what statistics would actually show. I play guitar, piano, like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, shooting, etc. You might be surprised how much this group does have in common.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    I never learn to play guitar, one of my many regrets.
    Love sports, ex-competitive swimmer and volleyball player and am not bad at tennis.
    Love dogs and cats.
    Used to be more opinionated but am a kinda calm and quiet girl now that I'm getting older.
    Love my family, wife and kids and like to think myself as a big mother.
    Like to read and write, especially CDing stuffs.
    And I think we all have a lot in common.

I have always said that liking to wear the same clothes is not a good basis for a long tern friendship. So I'd say I don't have much in common with 99% of the people here. Actully I have more I. Common with the females on makeuptalk and with my friends on Facebook whom I choose carefuilly based on just more than wearing womens clothing. Like ice hockey. And liking wakeup with Taylor on Cosmo radio..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

We have enough in common to be internet friends. That is what makes internet socializing great. You can interact with many people that have a common interest, and it does not matter that they may not have enough in common to be close friends.

Of course, I find that I like most LGBTI people that I meet in person. Having moved beyond concerns social conformance generally makes them better people.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I can't play an instrument but wish I could. I love much of the 80s music. I'm a great swimmer and try to go swimming a few times a week. I ate peanut butter from the jar as a child also but it's not something I'm fond of. So we have a few things in common.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Yes, I like to crossdress too and go out. I have been out with you and enjoyed some wonderful adventures in common. Oh, and we are both very beautiful human beings.
    All the above, plus eat peanut butter from the jar!!

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I think that we share a lot in common with each other. We challenge the prototypical gender laws of our society. Whether we are totally out, out to a few friends and/or family, or totally in the closet, we came to this forum looking for others similar to ourselves with that regard. For the vast majority of of us that participate here, our pushing the gender boundaries is a pretty substantial part of our lives.

Yes, we all may have other beliefs, activities, likes and dislikes in our lives that we may not have in common with each beyond our gender spectrum. However sometimes as humans in general, we need to share only one major commonality with one another to create a strong bond.

Even in this thread it seems like there are many people that share other interests beyond this forum.

But continuing on the theme of the thread, I'll say a little bit about me:

I've never played guitar, but I played the saxophone as a student. I wish I never gave it up. I love music of all types, but I'm particularly fond of the more "Hippy" type music (Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, Phish, Zeppelin, Ben Harper, Pearl Jam). I've been to Bonnaroo twice, and each time was an amazing totally different experience. I love to snow ski, and I'm very adventurous in doing so. I'll hike to ski the parts of the mountain no one else has been that week. I used to be a republican, now I'm not at all. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, a little agnostic almost stretching to atheist. I'm a foodie, and I very much enjoy quality beer, wine and whiskey. I'm in favor of marijuana being legalized, I love the city, but I can go camping. I'm a huge sports enthusiast, especially Football and basketball (college and pro, but more college). I'm very much into fashion (when I can afford). I would like to get my masters degree within the next 5 years and maybe a PhD in the next 10.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I have a cross-dressing dog who plays guitar covered in peanut butter. And I fart. Want to be friends?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

This is a great thread. I too own a guitar and never mastered it. One regret. My age is showing since I am into 50's and early 60's music before the British invasion. At that time I turned to county music before country was even cool. Funny thing is, my teens were in the 60's when most of us relate to the music of the era. I am a die hard Elvis freak. But I too eat peanut butter from the jar. I'm a golfer that also likes NFL football. But I gave up on baseball when they kicked Pete Rose out and the players went on strike 2 years in a row. Never liked hockey or basketball. I also am an avid fisherman, gun enthusiast and I love to sing karaoke....Elvis of course.
    So just what is a semi nudist? Is that what we are when we wear a skimpy bikini? lol I'm very spiritual but dislike most organized religions. But I defend everyone's right to worship whatever way brings you comfort. But please, don't preach to me. I love makeup, lingerie, dresses and skirts like most of us here do. I dislike the term sissy, yet I am submissive, but only to the woman I love. To all others I am anything but submissive.
    So far that, and guitars and eating peanut butter from the jar are our common interests. Oh yeah, the semi nude thing too. But if you have a beard or mustache we have very little in common since to me they don't go with the feminine clothes that we all like.
    Now that I think about it, I am glad we are all so different in our likes and dislikes. If we were all exactly alike, how boring we'd all be.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

PLEASE! Don't EVER underestimate your "sisters"!

Seriously, people that dress WHATEVER their reasons, r ALL special folks! At least, that's been my experience!

I met 3 CDs at the SCC nearly 3 years ago that have all had SRS since then. I really like those girls!

As I'm a so called "fetish" CD, what could we POSSIBLY have in common? Other than dressing?

I don't know. But, I recognized them as very special people. And, I've met many more of the same at other events! Some CDs, some TGs, some TSs, but all wonderful, unique individuals!

U can argue with anyone u want to here. But, I'm betting if u ever meet each other over a drink, you'll get along just fine!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

a bit nutty
    You're from Detroit, so we share a near common location. I like 80's music so we're probably from the same generation. I play the piano. Cartoons? I like good ol' Bugs Bunny. I don't eat peanut butter from the jar. Oh, farting... yeah.. I am a guy and I get that alot. I still laugh when I do. I never venture out, and am in the closet. I don't get why there is so much fighting over this issue. Like you said, other than crossdressing, we're all quite different.

I'm just an ol kountry girl that luvs her kountry music and a cold beer and don't gives a rats of what no one thinks of hur! But guess what! I love most of the girls here! In common or not! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I'd have to say it's like anything else; just because you have one thing in common with someone, doesn't mean there's any other common ground. However, I've met some people here that I do share other interests with. But like any other group of people, we rarely have EVERYTHING in common. I like fast sports cars, formula one, Indy cars, ALMS and ROLEX series racing, while some people prefer NASCAR (which I also like, but not as much as road racing). I oddly enough like combat flight sims, but don't like first person shooter games. And as much as I enjoy very fast foreign sports cars (got one, thanks!), I also like taking my full size SUV up into the dirt and putting up a tent overnight out in the middle of nowhere (sadly, don't get to do much of that around where I live, though).
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-09-2011 at 08:00 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Platinum Member
    I play guitar poorly... In my opinion, however, we have some fundemental things in common. Something underlying the desire to dress...a common set of maybe genetically driven and behavioral traits lead us to want to dress. Sure, we are all over the spectrum in terms of the intensity of that desire or the interest in "being" feminine. But I really see those as a matter of degree and not kind.

As for disagreement, we're all human.

I played drums in a band in high school. I played the flute for 1 week. I love peanut butter, but put it on something, then eat it. (not the organic kind) I hate Muzak, but love music {rock, jazz, classic). I wear 5" heels in nude a lot, but have no idea what "semi-nude" means. I swim. I twist everything around me into a cartoon before I interpret meaning. I suck on things, but not ice cubes,and I drink OJ like people drink coffee.

What else...let's see

I was a corporate mgr 90+ people then became a construction flagger all in the same year. I started lots of companies, owned a IRL team, been rich and poor many times so money obviously does not matter much to me. I earned black belt Tae-Kwon-Do and 3 college degrees but never used any of it for anything. I was a glass artist. I read legal, medical, psych journals for fun, I was almost a certified Truth Wizard, I am "invisible", into anti-surveillance/privacy, I'm trying to make a life sized silicone person in my studio, and do not have a clue why I do any of those things, aside from being either extremely curious or completely mentally unstable. Oh, I think I am a sex fanatic and I love the beach. Been married a lot...divorced a lot more...and dress 22 of every 24 hours most daze.Only about 5 people know my real name. No wonder I'm I am still single.

See, you are wrong.
    We are exactly alike,
    (except for being totally different...)

Last edited by eluuzion; 08-09-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]