Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do we actually have anything in common?

I play the radio... does that count? We can share things in common and still be unique individuals.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

What we all have in common? First of all we are all men! (did I just say that) and we have all the same things all males have in common -- being men -- what bonds us together and gives us a sence of unity is our femm side and to what degree we present ourselves. I think we are ahead of common understanding on different levels---enjoy...............Debra

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Let's see, 80's music was ok but liked 70s rock and roll more. I like the older cartoons like Road Runner, Pink Panther, and Bullwinkle. Limit myself to 2 peanut butter twinkies a night to kill the hunger pains. I use to swim alot, even had a bunch of mile swim patches from scout camp ( D-A ) when I was young. After my second heart attack i just haven't had the time to go swimming. I am trying to get back into bike riding. I try not to be opinionated anymore, but I am learning you really cannot just not have an opinion. I guess I am a nudist, if I am not enfem I 'm naked, only dress as a male to shop and to do business. I am and have been extremely shy all my life so I don't go out much plus my meds do not allow me to drink so it os hard to socialize. And what else, - I tried to play guitar and keyboards but I really suck at it. Love to play the stock market for the somewhat long term, in other words I am not a trader, but like to play the trend using T/A. Like Scootors. I travel accross the state alot, just hanging around here lately to work on an estate, but want to get back up north soon (- I think the hydro plane races are coming to Indian River).
    Last edited by Loveday; 08-09-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Holly is correct

We are all individuals linked by a common theme

As a community some of us will have more in common that others be it a love of music, sports, literature or anything else you care to mention.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    Okay...you have convinced me I don't want to be married to any of you. So what? I don't want to marry my cat either but we live in the same house in peace.

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

While I share some of those things in common with those who have posted ahead of me (peanut butter is at the top of the food pyramid -- do they still have that?) and I love some cartoons, such as Rocket J. Squirrel, there are many other things I don't share.
    What does this mean? Nothing, because all it takes is one thing in common to befriend someone. Afterall, my wife and I share few of the same interests, including clothes, and yet we have been together since ....
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Whether we eat peanut-butter (I prefer cashew-butter myself) from a jar or not might not be the point of the commonality that brings us here.

We are here because of our interest in being transgendered. We are here because together we can bring forward a set of experiences that just might touch our minds in ways we hadn't thought about before. We have a commonality in trying to come to grips with the fact that we at times find outselves in the mindset (at whatever level) of the "other" gender. How we accomplish that might be different at some level, but there are enough similarities that sharing our experiences enriches all of us, and that is what we all have in common!

tina

Aspiring Member
    I'm from Venus, the rest of you are from Mars--so there!

Hmmm.... if I pick photography for example, I can't say many others with the same interest have much else in common and the same applies to CDing. There are subgroups... I chew my ice cubes, I wish I could play music, but I can't, I like beans, I like camping... Seems like any group has its problems, basically, I think people need to listen more, talk less and not jump on others for not being perfect.
    Chickie

Quote Originally Posted by msginaadoll View Post
    Other than we crossdress.... Do we have anything in common? ...In my opinion no.
    Gina, if that was, "...no. [Period]," then V/R, I must beg to differ with you. Period

We are all "anonymous" males here. period

For that matter, I could/would/should be friends with any of my MTF "girlfriends" here regardless of their likes or dislikes; so what's the point?

Oh BTW,

I don't have much in common with any of my friends. Usually it's just one thing, or maybe two, I have in common with them.

Crossdressing is a pretty big thing to have in common with someone, and in my opinion, it's enough.

CK

So true! so much in common yet so very little.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Perhaps some of the "homophobia" that lashes out against both the transgender and bisexual and gay community is anger at knowing that they have "played by the rules", waited until marriage before sex, then got married, and didn't get as much sex, or didn't get good sex, or in general found that marriage and the "missionary position" were not all they were cracked up to be, and because they never explored or discussed their fantasies, ended up frustrated with their partners. Lashing out at the guy in the dress, or the guys holding hands - is just their "socially acceptable" way of lashing out and expressing their anger and frustration about their own situation.
    This is a rather narrow way of looking at cis hetero people. There are such people who are creative, fulfilled, sensual, quirky, humorous, intelligent, musical, artistic, philosophical, addicted to crossword puzzles, sudokus & kenkens, skiers, loving parents, animal lovers, computer and graphic applications literate, romantic, lovers of nature, lovers of travel, lovers of culinary delights and cooking, enthusiastic, compassionate, lovers of beauty of any kind, ... like me!

Oh .. I forgot. What I have in common with the community? I'm partially in the closet too, and I hang out with you ladies way more than is good for me.

Edit - ... and I also like cute clothes, shoes, and cute jewelry.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-10-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    Reine

I've met a few members that have things in common with me. Just like any other forum. That's why I make a lot of small talk type threads. It lets you meet others that are interested in the same things as you, beyond just choices of attire.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Hmmm...
    Well, I also play guitar, bass and actually drums. Hope to get some simple recording gear when GF finishes uni and get some stuff written.
    I like PC's, hardware, overclocking and modding them. I play PC games via steam and also play a fair dose of COD on PS3.
    I like cars. Looking at, photographing, tinkering, tuning and maintaining. If it needs 4 tyres and a turbo- I'm in!
    Samantha -x-

I will leave you sucking ions in Wipeout, the premiere hovercraft racing series which has been on every playstation since the original; I love Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, anything which lets me go FAST. I like fighting games, but only those where speed is a factor. I love caffeine and any other kind of legal stimulant which I can get my hands on. I'm 32 with the energy and looks of a 22 year old... yet I'm as jaded and cynical and world-weary as an 80-year-old.

I'm transgendered, MtF; I started transitioning at 27 years old and am now 32. I feel both more balanced than I ever have been, and confused; I've always known I'm a woman deep down. Not a girly-girl in the least, but very tasteful, very proper; engaging and conversant, but ONLY if I can recognize myself as essentially feminine. Listening to my compassion, my empathy and love for others, even in the face of my own pride; to see myself as one to nurture is to see myself as complete.

I don't care much for corsets, racy bras and other forms of lingerie; I appreciate a nice dress, and I enjoy coordinating the colors of my makeup and clothes with my eye and hair color; but outside of that, I don't care much for what other crossdressers on this site seem to derive so much joy from.. I'm more interested in actually being female.

I want to feel exactly what a woman feels when she cries, or laughs, or feels anger. I know what it is to have a "good cry" by myself, even if I've never known someone to share one with. I've been compared to my mother in certain moments, or mistaken as a female when I was younger.

I'm a MtF transgendered person, who feels they've been forced into an unnaturally masculine role which they don't feel rings true with them, yet they keep acting out, even in the midst of transition, more from habit and the expectations of loved ones more than anything else. I got a late start, so I don't feel there's anyone I can talk to or who can relate with me; I taught myself to feel guilty for having any interest which most genetically male people who view this site would consider "feminine".

I had a home ec teacher who had a girl complete most of my projects, because they didn't want the guilt of producing another "f-word". That school had 24 students total, junior and high schools included. Most of my classmates gave me a very hard time for being such a "bitch" and an "f-word". One or two girls gave me advice on how to be less of an oaf; I appreciated them.

I'm 32 now; on my 3rd week of HRT, I finally feel like I can process emotions which I have bottled up for a very long time. I've been crying a lot... but a good crying, like I'm cleaning out my spirit. Some around me don't seem to understand what I'm going through.

I've been ostracized from my local LTGBQ community because before I began to transition, I displayed prominent homophobia. That was 7 years ago; I'm still not welcome. I'm told "You had this coming, bitch". I need to travel 300 miles to Seattle just to get a date... and despite all that, I'm happier, because I know how I feel; I don't feel encouraged to hold my own heart at arm's length. Feminization hasn't improved my situation in the least, yet I'm still grateful because at least now, I feel like an actual person, instead of a stand-in for a self that I must never allow to be.
    Last edited by Ava McGhee; 08-10-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    Smooth peanut butter
    no guitars, but self taught on piano
    80's rock is good but some of the current stuff is good too.
    Used to swim like a fish, now not so much but I'm highly considering scuba lessons.
    Fart only when I think it's gonna be a good one. My crew gives me a hard time about it but I sign their checks.

The other stuff, Rocky Patels, R&R, skydiving, 4 wheelin' in the Jeep, learning Spanish, used to make a little $$ fishing.