Thread: Corset - wow

seppanton

Corset - wow

Hi
    I am new here, but I wanted to post this anyway. Today I went to a local shop to try on a corset. I could not believe how good it felt and the effect it had on my figure. It is just unbelieveable.

It was quite expensive, so i didn't buy it, I have to save up - but I will.

thanks

I agree - a corset makes an amazing difference in figure. It can also make a cheap dress look great if you wear the corset overtop. I got mine custom made locally, and cost about $350 Canadian.

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    I love corsets -- everything about them from the way they make me feel to the way they make me look. I haven't invested in the $200+ range yet; mostly I'm buying Fredericks -- they seem to have a new selection twice a year along with the standards.

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I really like corsets too. They are actually far more comfortable than a spandex or similar shaper. They also work like no shaper can! I have 5 corsets.... Over $1,000 worth. I paid as little as $179 to as much as $325.

Wow! That's lots of money. I don't have a corset (yet), but I've always wanted one. My wife has one she wore on our wedding day, and I've stuffed myself into it a few times. But it was really hard to do. It closed not with laces, but with hooks and eyes....you know what I mean, right? I liked the effect, I guess, but I'd like to try something different. And if I were to put out that kind of money, like you ladies suggest, I'd want to make darn sure it was a really pretty one. *Sigh* Maybe one day.......

seppanton
    The one I tried on was $250. It was black satin and heavy cotton. As the woman who runs the shop was pulling it up I couldn't believe how sexy I looked.

I ended up buying a bra and a gaff, so now I am saving my money
    Last edited by seppanton; 10-10-2005 at 10:05 PM.

Corsets

I am a corset addict! A good corstet combines engineering and art and worth every cent!

Celeste.

Corsets that lace up in the back -- Help!

I have this one corset that laces up in the back. Since I live alone and have no partner that I'm currently sharing my cross-dressing with, I'm having a really difficult time getting the back laced up for a tight, proper fit. Any suggestions?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonCD2003
    I have this one corset that laces up in the back. Since I live alone and have no partner that I'm currently sharing my cross-dressing with, I'm having a really difficult time getting the back laced up for a tight, proper fit. Any suggestions?
    Yes, it's basically trial and error. Fit it in such a way that you as sure you can get it on and then jump in. Take a guess at how much you need to tighten it up and then take it off. Tighten up the laces a bit and then put it on again. Keep doing this until you can just barely get it on. Wear it for a while. If it still seems a bit tight, loosen it up a bit. Even with someone else helping, it is still a bit of a trial and error process.

Hummmm, all of this corset talk is convincing me that I have been missing out. I have never purchased a corset but I have always wanted one. Now for certain I will be buying one soon. Ladies, any suggestions for a first time purchase, especially realizing they are a bit expensive.

I've just bought my first one, its a very gothic looking one (which is a style I dabble in occasionally). It might be rubbish though, being an ebay purchase. I have my fingers crossed!
    Do Not Feed The Newbie

Funny how a thread becomes of interest to you when you're directly involved. Until a week ago this thread would have had a cursory view on my part but my wife has been after me to try a corset. She had a black one with the laces in the back and I decided to try it on with some new outfits I recently bought and will wear at Fantasis Fair next week in Provincetown, MA. What an amazing difference. My wife pulled the laces(Sorry Shannon) in the back to a point where I do have some curves and the dresses look fabulous. Can't wait until the Fair where I intend taking many photos. Sally2

I have a couple of corsets (cheap variety Fredricks of Hollywood) while they are not the best they still pull you in to help give you a girly figure. It cost about $60 dollars.

Misty

girl next door
    Greetings Betty, Shannon, Marla and Seppanton, and welcome to the forum. It's nice to see so many new girls coming in to join the fun.

I bought my 1st and only corset on Ebay this spring, and I love it.

Shannon, as far as getting it laced up tightly... from an earlier thread on this same topic I learned the doorknob trick. Simply drape each loop of the corset strings on the two knobs of a 1/2 open door, and lean away. You'll feel the laces tighten. Then use your fingers to alternatively tighten top/down and bottom until you have the slack in the middle. Lean away from the door again and repeat. I hope this explanation makes sense, pm me if not.

Happy dressing y'all.

Hugs,

Tammi

I'd love to have one as well, but its the size thing, ya know? I wish I had the courage to try one on somewhere. What stores have you all felt comfortable trying on female garments? How did the staff treat you?
    Sarah

"So Often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key" The Eagles

seppanton
    I tried on the corset along w a gaff and a bra at a place called Sheer Necessities in Reading (Cincinnati) Ohio. The owner, Ann K, was very friendly and she laced up the corset and pulled it in for me.

thanks for the advise

Flatlander & Tammi -- thanks for the hints. I might need a video on how to do the doorknob trick!

Sally2 -- If I can't get my corset laced up properly, would you mind if I fly out there and ask your wife to lace me up too??

Conservative Crossdresser Felicity's Avatar
    I think it's safe to say that any place that sells corsets has experience dealing with crossdressers. Don’t feel bad about the experience. The first place that I went to several years ago allowed me to come in at closing and dealt with me one to one. Since them, I wasn’t so shy about it.

Smile

i just have couple of long line girdles........still love the tight control of it im sure a corset would be heaven

I just got my first corset its a (relativly) cheap "fashion" corset but its great.

I have curves

and no beer belly anymore
    Do Not Feed The Newbie