Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women who drink

Women who drink

I'm convinced women drink as much as men.

The thing I observed though, is the type of drink. In the case of wine: I see so many women frequently prefer whites, chardonnay, reisling, and zinfandel as opposed to dark reds. The alcohol content is the same.
    So my theory is that maybe the hormonal difference between men and women may cause slight differences in taste preferences. I, myself, no how much I try to pull off being a girl, prefer red wine. Any thoughts?

I prefer red wine as well. Although I believe you are correct in that I beleive most GGs have a preference for white over red.

Oh No! My hormones must be off! I like white wines far more then red. But maybe my liking Jack and coke and rum and coke levels it all out. lol

Me I prefer whites to reds. Not the real sweet ones though. Actually I can't stand red wine. In my mind at least, it's something about them that invokes blood. Serious.

That said, there are some women who can drink seriously. At one time, I used to party heavy quite frequently. Then I was really into drinking scotch. The only women I knew that was into scotch was an older woman, who didn't have any type of romantic life and all she thought about was her work. Now, there was this one real pretty chick that I knew who could drink. She could out drink me. She was into Betrone. She could go all night long!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

My ex would get terrible headaches from drinking even just one glass of red wine. She said there was something in red wine that she was allergic to. She had no problems with white wine.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Both my older sister and my late wife could out drink me!! And I don't believe the color of the wine made any difference to either of them!! That said, I prefer white wine and always have. I do occasionally drink a mild red wine, such as pinot noir, but really prefer whites! Most red wine gives me a headache that is almost like a migraine!! Not something that I want!!

BTW, I know a lot of women who prefer to drink red wine!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Put me down as another woman who definitely prefers whites to reds! Preference is white zin. Oh, and I love greyhounds and cosmos.

And as for outdrinking men, here's to Marion Ravenwood!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If had to I would choose it would be white over red! No thanks I'll stick with my Busch!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I know my wife does not like dry wine and usually complains about it being bitter, she prefers fruity type wines. We have discovered Moscato and she loves it. Before that it was Sangria and White Zinfandel. Me, I prefer Jim Beam on the rocks and sometimes Brandy on the rocks and sometimes Brandy and 7up. I know that drinking Brandy in other way than after dinner in one those fancy glasses without mixing is the "proper" way to drink brandy I get it, however it tastes good to me the way I do it and I am not asking you to drink it so..... Back to the wine I will drink what ever is served providing it's not Boones Farm or Thunderbird, well maybe later when everything else is gone but only in extreme emergencies.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Banned Read only
    It's a dry white for me

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Tina does tend toward white wines and lighter mixed drinks. She even adds cran/raspberry to a gin and tonic! In male mode I love various beers but Tina never touches the stuff! Tina also loves Baileys .

My wife and I both prefer Cabs and Merlot, though I am starting to get into Pino Noir (Which is still red). But the only white we like at times is a good resling, that's about it.

I think it really depends on who you hang out with; I've known three gals who liked to do Jack Daniels shots until quite intoxicated. But none who liked scotch or other whisky. There were a few who liked rum, the more elitest liked fancy named vodka's like Grey Goose. One spanish girl liked her tequila quite a bit. Wines, I agree most women seem to prefer whites. I'm not a big drinker; my friends like beer so that's what I drink when I'm with them. On my own, I like lambrusco, and reislings (semi sweet wines that can be consumed within a few years of production, rather than wait decades to 'mature'). But I don't know much about how to pick out a good wine vintage vs. a bad one, so I usually just rely on the guy in the liquor store.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I know loads of GGs who prefer red, so I guess it is personal taste.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

"I'll have a glass of Chablis".
    What guy hasn't heard that order on a date?
    If it was white it was Chablis and if it was red it was Burgundy. Anything that sparkled was simply Champagne.
    Ah, those were the good ole' daze

recent poll of 10,500 women shows preference for red wine.
    http://www.winesur.com/news/women%E2...-for-red-wines

I saved a great research article a few years back that showed the correlation between women ordering a "glass of Chablis" (popular in 80'-90's) with the preponderance of vineyards devoted to growing Chardonnay grapes. Of course, I can't find it now, lol.

One of the reasons women order white wines is because the tannin in red whines stains their teeth and lips! Another reason was because it was an easy way to sound sophisticated on a date and avoid stumbling through incorrect pronunciations on a wine list.

The cause of Headaches from drinking red wines is still a mystery. It isn't the sulfites (fruit preservatives) or tannins, as some claim. They are researching histamines as a possible suspect now.

I have never found any reference to your "hormone theory". But hey, anything is possible until evidence is produced to prove it wrong, right? Left?

My favorite wine is Pinot Chardonnay. But Mad-Dog 20-20 will do in a pinch.

"No, I am not an Alcoholic. Alcoholics attend meetings. I don't."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Back to the wine I will drink what ever is served providing it's not Boones Farm or Thunderbird, well maybe later when everything else is gone but only in extreme emergencies.
    HAHA!!!!!

Got some Mad Dog (MD 20/20) for ya then!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I've known three gals who liked to do Jack Daniels shots until quite intoxicated. But none who liked scotch or other whisky.
    I'm telling you, I have been around quite a few. Like I said before I only know of ONE woman who was into scotch, and she was an older, slightly embittered woman, never really been romantically involved with anyone. Her life was her work. I didn't say that as an insult, but just as an observation. And like I said me, scotch was my preference when I was really deep into partying. Actually I remember at around the age of 20 or 21 I found out that I liked drinking Crown Royal straight or on the rocks. Then I got into Chivas.
    Last edited by SweetIonis; 08-19-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

I'm slowly transitioning (in more ways than one) from reds to whites. I too see more GG's drink a white over red wine, but nothing that would make me start a survey. Have a good weekend y'all, I'm going out for a drink!

Wendy

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I am a red wine drinker myself. Although, lately, I have begun drinking white wine with my wife because...well, because I figure it's a nice way to show her I love her. I never used to buy red.

Also, I am a bourbon man. But never any been...got to watch my weight.

You ever see that study that showed that women that drink too much start looking like old men?? Lol. True! Drinking make you age... I figured that if I drank a lot I might start looking like an old woman looking like an old man!! Ekkkk
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Well, my preference is red wine - but there again, living only 20 kilometres from the Rioja valley in Spain may just have a little to do with that!!!

The only time I drink white wine is on Sunday lunchtime as an aperitif. Txakoli is its generic name (i.e. many different bodegas). It is a very young wine but really refreshing....
    Last edited by elita; 08-19-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Elita

Normal is only a setting on a washing machine.

"And I don't want the world to see me
    Cause I don't think that they'd understand
    When everything's made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am"
    - Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    I'm convinced women drink as much as men.

The thing I observed though, is the type of drink. In the case of wine: I see so many women frequently prefer whites, chardonnay, reisling, and zinfandel as opposed to dark reds. The alcohol content is the same.
    So my theory is that maybe the hormonal difference between men and women may cause slight differences in taste preferences. I, myself, no how much I try to pull off being a girl, prefer red wine. Any thoughts?
    I have to weigh in on this one ladies. I am a GG, in my thirties, and can say with absolute certainty that I have more GG friends who prefer red over white (including myself). So no worries Nathalie, I think it's safe to stick to your preference.

As to your theory about taste preferences - I love strong beer and Scotch and would take a nice limey gin and tonic over an umbrella cocktail any day. I am pretty sure my hormones are okay

On the topic of headaches etc, I heard somewhere that organic wines don't hit you as hard and have found that to be true.
    Fundy
    ----------
    Be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

lokah samasta sukhino bhavantu
    (may all beings everywhere be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all)

Quote Originally Posted by SweetIonis View Post

Actually I remember at around the age of 20 or 21 I found out that I liked drinking Crown Royal straight or on the rocks. Then I got into Chivas.
    Sweetionis - If you like Chivas then I would suggest that you try to find a bottle of "The Balvenie". It is the absolute King of single malts. But, be aware that the only thing you put in a Balvenie is another Balvenie!! Believe me, Chivas will taste like moonshine after you have a had a Balvenie.
    Elita

Normal is only a setting on a washing machine.

"And I don't want the world to see me
    Cause I don't think that they'd understand
    When everything's made to be broken
    I just want you to know who I am"
    - Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

From someone who tends bar on occasion (and it ain't no classy jernt either) I have seen that in general women try and maintain a more sober approach until they don't.

Whites are more popular for events where food isn't part of the deal. Whites go down easier. Sweet wines like Reislings are like drinking soda for them. Sweet blushes (White Zin, white Merlot) are also popular. Some of the older women drink beer (and right out of the bottle for some of them) I think because they don't need to impress their dates ( and beer makes you go to the restroom more often so unless you need to confab with your GF's you don't want to miss too many dances.) Then there are the hardcore huntresses, The ones on the prowl that night. Sweet shots (or mixed shots) are common. The problem comes in when they over indulge and 2-4 inch heels become precarious but that is part of the plan, someone to lean on.

Very few men at this bar drink any wine and the blush is more popular when they do. The shots tend to be more grain alcohol and rarely a mixed shot. Tequila and Jack. Call drinks like Jack and Coke, Bacardi and Coke, Crown and Coke, seven and Seven (wow broke that Coke streak) and beer, lots of beer...because guys like to stare at walls and grunt a lot I think.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Try as I might, I just don't like wine. (Except champaigne/sparkling wines for some reason) I like beers, and some spirits, but that's about it.

What Me Worry
    I prefer a dry cab usually from Sterling Vineyards my wife likes merlots. I also like a dirty Grey Goose martine.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012