Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women who drink

What Me Worry
    I prefer a dry cab usually from Sterling Vineyards my wife likes merlots. I also like a dirty Grey Goose martini.
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Quote Originally Posted by elita View Post
    Sweetionis - If you like Chivas then I would suggest that you try to find a bottle of "The Balvenie". It is the absolute King of single malts. But, be aware that the only thing you put in a Balvenie is another Balvenie!! Believe me, Chivas will taste like moonshine after you have a had a Balvenie.
    Hey thanks for that Elita! They've got a great website. Careful you must be of age to enter! LOL!!!!
    THE BALVENIE

Yeah, I started getting into Scotch when I started making some money. I could go all night. Only one chick could hang, that was that chick that drank Petrone. Damn, she was pretty too!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

Wine is Love. And Girls love Love. I love Girls and I love wine. I guess I love Love.

'scuse the bad poetry I've had a couple glasses of wine ...

[QUOTE=SweetIonis;2574469]HAHA!!!!!

Got some Mad Dog (MD 20/20) for ya then!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

Maybe if there is no Boon's Farm and Tbird to be had. LOL!!!!!
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetIonis View Post
    HAHA!!!!!

Got some Mad Dog (MD 20/20) for ya then!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!
    Maybe if there is no Boon's Farm and Tbird to be had. LOL!!!!!
    HARDCORE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaurenB View Post
    Wine is Love. And Girls love Love. I love Girls and I love wine. I guess I love Love.

'scuse the bad poetry I've had a couple glasses of wine ...
    That's okay, I feel ya big time!!!! That's a nice avatar. Whose work is that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Click here to experience the Ionis Supernova!

“Our senses enable us to perceive only a minute portion of the outside world.”

- Nikola Tesla

I can't stand beer. Just a couple I can drink. Don't like many red wines. Just a very dry white with little scent. I guess I'm the exception. I like fruity drinks that taste good. Bring on the umbrella and fruit garnish! The occasional dirty martini is okay though.

I've been a bartender for the majority of my twenties. Once at a Beningans type of place, and the later all more focused on wine and culinary.

I can tell you what it really comes down to is experience with wine. The more experienced wine drinkers seem to enjoy reds more so than whites. This isn't always true, but generally speaking it is. Seasons play a role as well as food pairings. Summer and lighter dishes encompass white wines more while winter and heavier dishes call for more reds. It's similar to people that really get into beer. I know a lot of people that really get into beer, and it's not High Lifes or PBR, it's IPA's and stouts, or some kind of Belgium import like a Chimay.

There are generation gaps as well. I found that older people would order gin and scotch more so than younger crowds. I think this has to do with trends in consumption as well.

My grandmother was a scotch drinker, I too actually enjoy a nice scotch on occasion, but for my generation it is bourbons that are now popular. Vodka and your premium tequilas are a close behind.