Thread: Going to the fair

Going to the fair

Decided to go someplace today - its nice out today, sunny, temps predicted to be up to 90 - wife working, Soooo.....I got this new skirt marked down from $44 to $15 and couldn't resist! My wife said I could borrow this blouse (I really like it) it's a little big on her and a little tight on me but I think it"s OK -- What do you think? Thinking of going to the fair. Does it look like fair ware?

fair skirt.jpg

sorry about the lighting -- it was early..................Debra

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Perfect! Have a great time!

tina

Debra, the way you are pictured you are the sole of a Grandma going to the Fair. You are about my age, so I assumed.
    Alice

Deb,
    Good look but watch out were you are stepping if you go into the livestock barns.
    joank
    Southern California

Hello neighbor, Thats a perfect out fit for going to the fair in, would you happen to be talking about the Idaho fair?

Update--To the Fair

Well Saturday I posted about maybe going to the fair -- and I did so here is an update. The pic I posted was from the day before as I wanted to show my wife and see if it was all right if I wore her blouse “yeah, sure go ahead” and ask how I looked “ well what am I supposed to say?” -- of course it looks OK”. So with that assurance I got up and went to my business to dress - right after having coffee and posting the pic from the day before and getting a little feedback from you.

After fooling around with makeshift hip padding - in addition to my already padded briefs (I needed more. I recently ordered my Veronica 2 and am waiting…….) I ventured next door to the market to get a drink. As I strolled the isles I felt confident and as I passed a woman who I am familiar seeing and works in the store she stops me by the pastry section and says “I just wanted to say how nice you look ! And what a lovely outfit you have on” !!! Well OMG she really didn’t recognize ME and such a wonderful compliment -- needless to say I was floating in a cloud of pink.

I dialed up Clackamas Co. Fair grounds on my GPS and headed out. I arrived at the fair grounds in about 25 min and proceeded to the parking area as young men waved and pointed the way -- “right down to the end ma’am” and “have a nice day ma’am” 5 vett park lot picture_.jpg

As I stood in line at the Ticket Booth a lady came up to me and ask “you look like you could use a free ticket -- we won tickets on the radio and have an extra one , would you like it? -- Yes, how kind thank you ! -- after getting my hand stamped and going to the ladies room to get rid of excess coffee I walked to the stage where singers were performing and listened for a while -- rock, blues, country you name it they could do it -- and very well too.

I asked a few people to take pic’s of me -- two in the bleachers and one from the benches

bleacher.jpg 2 bleacher.jpg

3 stage & me.jpg

As I looked through the booths and venders and walked back around a woman from a booth approached and said “Can I say how nice you look and what a lovely outfit” !!! well shut my mouth twice in one day !! I said thank you for noticing -- and walked around in a daze for a few minutes until I realized a perfect opportunity. I went back to the ladies booth and she was talking to another lady but she said “may I help you?” I said she was so nice I wondered if she would mind taking my picture -- no problem --

4 booth lady compliment.jpg

I wanted to talk to her and see if she knew and figured me out but she was too busy. Oh well I don’t’ think she did -- It was nice anyway.

I was hungry -- went to a Greek booth stood in line and had some small chit chat then ordered a falafel and a drink. As I waited I heard the guy behind the counter tell the cook that’s that ladies right over there -- who me ! Oh Yeah ME

Well time to go after wading through the livestock exhibits I started for home -- feeling rejuvenated and alive -- and a little tired……………..Debra

More

Just a couple more on the way home I went to JCP and tried on this dress

2011-08-20_15-45-45_111.jpg

Dident buy at $66

next ended the day at TCBY

6 TCBY.jpg

all in all a good day .................Debra
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 08-21-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Deb - Perfect! Gorgeous! Wow!

Debra, What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing! My wife says to give that wife of your's a great big kiss and hug! he he he You look lovely, and we both hope you had as wonderful a time as you made it sound.

Terri

Thank you Terri -- and it was a really memorable time for me............Debra

PS really would have been nice to have a friend along
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 08-21-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Debra, It looks like you had a wonderful time at the fair you look fantastic.

Orchid

Both the outfit you wore, and the dress at JCP, looked great on you, wish I could pull off that look! What a fun place to go, I think you are the first one I've heard of going to the fair dressed, too cool!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I went to two country fairs the last week... No one was dressed that nicely! Our local one you would have fit in well enough... But the one in north central PA you would have had to have worn a rebel flag skirt with matching purse and a camo top with a camo ball cap to blend in! Lol. Pennsyltucky!! I don't know when all those folks from Arkansas move in....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member
    Deb, what a great outing and great outfit for a day at the fair. You looked lovely and happy!

Thank you all! and as I remember, I think I was the only "woman" there dressed in a skirt except for a couple of western dressed ladies - boots and all -- even so I diden't feel out of place or over dressed as it was a very casual style -- it was warm outside but I really did not feel the heat, the skirt was very airy; however as I drove away from the fair grounds a pickup truck pulled up beside me and a girl yelled something out the window. I was turning into a parking lot when I finally interpreted in my head what she said -- she yelled "you slammed your skirt in the door!" and indeed I had - a large portion of it (must have looked silly - ditzy blonde in a vett) was flowing in the breeze. I was'nt used to wrangling all that material and had to be careful all day to keep from steping on it - but I loved the way it felt and think it will be a staple in my wardrobe.....................Debra

I loved the blue dress at JCP - maybe the price will drop a little more
    Last edited by Debra Russell; 08-23-2011 at 12:12 PM.