Thread: Thrilled with doing the Laundry

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar

Thrilled with doing the Laundry

How sad of an existence does one have to lead to be absolutely giddy with excitement over doing a simple load of laundry?

It's a little after 8 a.m. and I find myself hardly able to sit still after loading up the Washing machine with a load of clothing....A little back ground info here might help the reader understand my point.

I arose very early this morning to see my wife off on her trip to visit her family in Savannah Georgia...I wish the circumstances behind this trip were more pleasant as her Father is very ill and may require a very invasive surgical procedure to repair a major heart valve.(He can use all the prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery that anyone is willing to send him....and I would appreciate it as well.)...and I feel a bit guilty to have such a feeling of exhileration knowing that for the next 4-6 weeks I am going to be living on my own and spending as much time as Wendy as I want.

This morning I went through my closet and found that many items of my clothing needed washing and or ironing to make them presentable for public debut...when it was all said and done I had more than enough to load our double capacity washing machine...all this clothing was womens clothing and it further more it was all mine...I guess I just find happiness in those little things. But then again thats me...I am not a high maintenence girl.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Laundry is one of those chores that I don't mine doing either! I love folding and putting away MY bras and panties! Don't feel guilty and do enjoy the precious time you have! Best wishes for your wife and her farther! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Hi Wendy. I agree with Cynthia. Washing my fem stuff is a fun chore but the best part is folding and putting away. I don't have anything that needs to be ironed. Maybe I will get something just to see how that feels.

Vieja

I always do our laundry every saturday morning. The one thing I don't understand is that when I do it only my things get tangled and not my wife's. It just confuses me.lol.

I can understand your feeling a little guilty about enjoying yourself as Wendy with you’re your father-in-law so ill but that’s not your fault.
    I too find doing the house work and washing is a feminine job that I enjoy.
    Make the most of your free time Wendy. We girls deserve it.

A fun loving, SUZY

Wendy, do you want some help.....put on the brakes, slow down better take care of my own house and clothes first. Come to think of it I should do some of those very things know.
    Alice

Doing laundry is more fun if you wear high heels.

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    Doing laundry is more fun if you wear high heels.

- Diane
    Yes it is but not when you have torn ligaments in the knee...Ugh! I miss wearing my heels...but have since obtained several very cute pair of flats, sandals etc...!
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Banned Read only
    If you want to do the laundry stop on by. I have a mound of it to do.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    and having to lug the laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs? i fail to see the joy, it is more like exercise. necessary but not fun

Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    and having to lug the laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs? i fail to see the joy, it is more like exercise. necessary but not fun
    Excercise that shapes the backside and calves....rawrrrr

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    For me I like it when I hang my girly things up to dry and see them all together.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I've always done the laundry, even when married or living with a s/o.. I'm more picky about getting it right, most just throw the stuff in and let it go..

I run it half full of water, add soap and a touch of bleach[1-2 tbs]even on colors, watch to make sure nothing is getting tangled up when doing easily damaged goods.

yeah, I like doing it too, playing with intimates and so forth

Laundering girlie things are ok till you get to ironing pleats, then that's when it gets tough.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tania, Remember nobody ever said that being a girl was going to be easy.

Orchid

My ironing chores were fairly easy as I only three pair of pants that needed it....I try to avoid this chore, but it is necessary at times isn't it.

Aaaah, warm soft girly clothes fresh from the dryer....Pure bliss! Bras ,panties, and hose drip dried hanging about waiting to be folded and put in a drawer with one of those sweet smelling stinker bags in it. It makes laundry day a litle more tolerable for me.

Doing the laundry and other housekeeping chores is somewhat of a self-therapy exercise for me. It is a mini version of a mental “house cleaning” session, particularly if I am wrestling with a challenge or I am just feeling unmotivated. I do most of my creative thinking while I am cleaning something...laundry, the house, taking a shower, etc.

It has a rejuvenating effect as well as being a confidence builder. It is task with a realistic and achievable goal that has a high probability of being realized, with reasonably little effort. (Task oriented psychobabble for “it is rewarding”, ). It is like watching those piles of papers covering your desktop disappear. It puts me mentally back on top of my game and ready to rock-n-roll. (Well, for me anyway...).

My daughter used to tell me (every Saturday night just before her 4 friends showed up for the traditional sleep over here) that all of her friends are amused at me because I am “always running the vacuum“, lol.

Most things in Life are pretty much just repetitive cycles of doing “loads of laundry“, if you really think about... The only problem I see is that too many people choose the “normal” setting, like it is the only choice in life...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by eluuzion View Post
    Most things in Life are pretty much just repetitive cycles of doing “loads of laundry“, if you really think about... The only problem I see is that too many people choose the “normal” setting, like it is the only choice in life...

A most quotable quote if I ever seen one.....!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    If you want to do the laundry stop on by. I have a mound of it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by darla_g View Post
    I suppose early on I might have experienced a fleeting thrill of laundering my own women's clothes, but it was probably more likely fear of somebody at the laundromat seeing what I had in the basket.

I guess I should be envious of people who are delighted with doing laundry. I'm with you two; doesn't matter what slinky things are in it, it's still a chore.