Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things you found out about C.D.ing from joining this forum.

things you found out about C.D.ing from joining this forum.

I will start with this one. I found out that there are an unbelievable number of others just like me.
    I hadn’t a clue till I came here!

SUZY

Clothing, and beauty advice! Great shopping, and SAVINGS, recommendations. Maybe hasn't saved me money in reflection, cause now I know about more "sales", I wouldn't have otherwise....

It has also made me more brave, and made me more incorrigible by the real-life experiences of the others here.

And yes, it is VERY nice to know there are SO many of us.

Not just that, suzy - but also in the way that so many of the stories of how we first became aware of being "different" in this manner, and how we evolved as crossdressers as the years progressed are so similar.

Most of these stories are almost cookie cutter versions of each other - to the point where just about all we have to do is fill in the blanks and substitute our own names for others' experiences. That's especially true for us older CDer's who were not blessed with living in the kind of open, tolerant societies that now exist when we were young, and who did not have the Internet and all of those TG and GLBT support organizations out there to sustain us.

We were truly wandering about in the wilderness when it came to trying to understand our crossdressing needs during our respective youths and had no one to turn to for help, so the younger generation definitely has it much easier in this respect these days. But as they say...better late than never...
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 08-24-2011 at 11:26 AM.

It's comforting to know that really we are all very much alike.............Debra

I cannot imagine how many things have been learned. Guess you are going to collect them all and write a book ? hehe

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I first donned women's lingerie, stockings, and platforms on a Saturday morning in August 2005. It was a day of firsts and it all happened in partnership with my wife. Two days later I found and joined this forum.

I knew absolutely nothing! Zilch! Nadda! Rien!

Of course, I also found other sites, but everything I found/saw/read from those sites was compared to what is here. My feminine side, Tina, grew up with this site. For me, it would be a much much shorter list to talk about what I don't find on this site, that I wish I did. In fact, only one thing comes to mind: the psychology of being feminine, or "what happens to girls as they are socialized as girls growing up". Of course, that can only be a discussion by GGs, but I would love to see that discussion.

Everything else is here, from soup to nuts. Thank you all!

Tina

Gold Member
    I Gained a lot more confidence in dressing, even though I do not go out.
    I now under dress 99.9% of the time, and enjoying life more.
    This Forum has been a dream come true.
    Rader

I found this site right after I started last year. This site convinced me to tell my GF, best decision I made. She's 100% supportive, and I wouldn't have told her if it wasn't for this site.
    My GF calls me Sasha since being lost in the fog

That I'm blessed to have so many sisters to share my thoughts with!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I've learned from the inspiring individuals who are super confident with who they are, in the past i've not been accepting of myself at all and constantly kicked back against myself. Life's so much simpler on the days i know i can't change who i am, happy days these are!
    x Flic x

I've learned that pantyhose are dead.... Pantyhose are not dead.. Only men wear slips, women hate crossdressers, gays hate crossdressers, everyone hates crossdressers, boobage can be made from just about anything, passing is over rated but everyone wants to do it, corsets do not defy the laws of physics, breast growth can be attributed to what ever is currently in your medicine cabinet, lying is bad bad bad, borrowing is bad bad bad and women's jeans suck! (But then again i knew that before I came here!)
    Last edited by Karren H; 08-24-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Suzy and Leslie pretty much set the tone of this thread in the discovery by all of us that we are not alone. How delightful and wonderful. Now we are surrounded by internet friends and acquaintences who understand everything we have and are experiencing.

If we are really fortunate, an internet friend will come by and help us to crack open that closet door and come out into the light of the real world. It's neither as good as we would like nor as bad as we feared and that's good enough.[/SIZE]

Platinum Member
    I learned that CDrs come from an surprisingly broad spectrum of backgrounds, ideologies and world views. We have a lot in common, but we are not all cut from the same cloth. And that's a good thing.

I learned that crossdressers are everywhere around me. And, I learned that most non-crossdressers have encountered us and either don't mind or aren't aware of us.

Largely because of this site, Grandma Susan has ventured into the public world and learned:
    - why parking lots should be well lit when shopping after dark (didn't seem that important to the male self)
    - to have my keys in my hand before I leave the store for my locked car
    - walking a block back to my car alone and dressed from a lounge after dark was a dumb move (wasn't very dangerous for the male self)
    - to have a gentleman open and hold the door gives me a wonderful feeling (makes my fingers tingle just to remember it)
    - to hear a clerk ask "do you need help with those groceries, maam?" takes my breath away

But, I have also learned that I haven't yet accepted myself. That's a more difficult struggle than I had expected it to be.
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've learned that pantyhose are dead.... Pantyhose are not dead.. Only men wear slips, women hate crossdressers, gays hate crossdressers, everyone hates crossdressers, boobage can be made from just about anything, passing is over rated but everyone wants to do it, corsets do not defy the laws of physics, breast growth can be attributed to what ever is currently in your medicine cabinet, lying is bad bad bad, borrowing is bad bad bad and women's jeans suck! (But then again i knew that before I came here!)
    I've learned that Karen hates JEANS! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1
    things you found out about C.D.ing from joining this forum. I found out that there are an unbelievable number of others just like me. I hadn’t a clue till I came here!
    [SIZE="2"]I’ve found out that all of us are unique, which means there is virtually nobody just like me, but I already knew that from my experiences on a different forum. This place is OK, as long as you don’t say the wrong thing, or the right thing in the wrong context. The main thing that I’ve learned about crossdressing here is that it is non-understandable, even to the practitioners of CD’ing. What a surprise, or maybe not – this is a reflection of the polarized times we live in. I also found out that, very occasionally, males can discuss things with other males in a civil manner – maybe the clothes they choose to wear have something to do with that, but I’m sure few would agree with me…
    [/SIZE]

I also found that there were many others like me - a true revelation that has definately changed the way I think about this and continue to do so. I am learning more about myself everyday and not trying to deny things. I have also learned that we are a very diverse community and sometimes we rub up against each other when these differences express themselves. Sometimes the exchanges get very unpleasant, but I guess this is because we are all trying be who we are? Some greater tolerance by some would help though... an acceptance that there is no 'right' way of doing things and that different contexts require different approaches.

I have found 'virtual' on-line friends who have really helped me; often without their realising it.

I have found a need to post pictures of myself! Still working on the 'why' with this one! Maybe I have learned that I need acceptance of who I am and how I express this 'woman within'.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I haven't learned much directly from the forum, but being here has allowed me to figure lots of stuff out for myself.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I learned that I'm not the only one who has used aloe vera to make breast forms.

I have learned how many people struggle with shame and guilt about crossdressing. I never felt that way. The good news is that this forum helps people work past the negative feelings.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I learned that I am not alone in the world of Crossdressing and that this thing we call crossdressing is a normal part of so many lives.
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    LOL...I've learned to keep an eye out for post by Karren.

Really two categories. After years of never ever discussing my odd attraction to female clothing and appearance, this forum has opened a path to communicate with others with similar interests. Second, this forum has given me a wealth of practical information on all things crossdressing. I'm not into a lot of the personal discovery and navel gazing that goes on here, but the practical information is a gold mine.

I found out I have a problem and it helps to answer many past issues that have affected me through researching crossdressing etc. I have found out why my ex took so long to shop. I found out that I love make-up, fashion, chatting, and taking better care of myself.
    I have found out that I am on a journey of discovery. I am seeking ME and finding ME. My mind is opening up to acceptance and my heart is filling with affection for all despite at times suffering hurt.
    I found out I am not alone, I am not a freak, I am not weird, I am ME.

Platinum Member

It's Against The Law

No matter what the question some one will have the answer for you.
    another thing we find that we are not ALONE we are one of many.

And that it's against the law for women and crossdressers
    to wear denim in Western Pennsylvania
    Orchid
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 08-24-2011 at 09:38 PM.

I've met close to a dozen of you members on this forum in person. The forum did everything it was meant to do....for me anyway.

i came here because I did not want sex. I was looking for people who identify with being beyond the gender they were born with.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 08-24-2011 at 10:17 PM.