Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Veteran CD

Military Veteran CD

Hello all, I am a military officer retired and a Iraqi War veteran. I have PTSD, and am seeing a counselor for last two years. Ever since I have come back from War, I have been wanting to dress up as a girl. I finally caved in and started closet dressing 6 months ago. I am so happier now, and my Girlfriend is very supportive.

My question. As a former military officer and many under my command, I have had to employ leadership and management in crisis. Is there any other Military officers or enlisted that have the same feeling of wanting to dress?

I am finding myself wanting to dress more and more too. I need pointers on how to put makeup on and really form my body. If anyone has any pointers please let me know!

Thank you!!!

Hi Donna,
    welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service, by the way.....You rule!

My advice is to watch and observe for a while.
    We come from all walks of life. Sometimes it takes several years to understand ourselves. yes I do know several who have served in the military, and some i know as vets who saw action (and I won't mention names) , and a few who have transitioned.
    We are all the same people in some way or another.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 08-26-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Welcome to the forum...
    You are in good company as there are many former (and active duty) members from several nations in this group. I am retired and began exploring my femme side when I took the uniform off. I will always be proud of my service (Desert Storm, or Gulf War I if you like) but opening up to my softer side has also been a rewarding experience.

There is a US organization for TransVets run by Monica Helms you may want to check out.

My advise is to take it slow and seeing that you are already working with a counselor, I think you have taken the appropriate steps on your journey of discovery.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Hi Donna,
    welcome to the forum. Thanks for your service, by the way.....You rule!

My advice is to watch and observe for a while.
    We come from all walks of life. Sometimes it takes several years to understand ourselves. yes I do know several who have served in the military, and some i know as vets who saw action (and I won't mention names) , and a few who have transitioned.
    We are all the same people in some way or another.
    Thank you so much Nathalie!!! I appreciate you...OMG, you are so beautiful! I hope to be like that soon!!!! I want to be your friend too.

Donna

OK Kelly, thanks for all the info!!! I appreciate your service too!!!! I just want to be a girl...my desire is so strong!!! does that make sense?
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-27-2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please read this: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_replying

Aspiring Member
    That's why those who have been around advise you to go slow and work with a counselor.
    You are probably in "the pink fog" as you discover a whole new side of life. The pink fog can be a wonderful place, but it doesn't help you make rational decisions for the real world.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

The best advice I can give is that your PTSD and crossdressing are NOT related. Crossdressing is perfectly normal, healthy, and sane. Good luck with finding a therapist though!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    The best advice I can give is that your PTSD and crossdressing are NOT related. Crossdressing is perfectly normal, healthy, and sane. Good luck with finding a therapist though!
    Violet, I understand... My desire is very strong, I just need to understand this better.. Btw.. Your cute and i am jellous!!!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Donna, thank you for your service to our country!! I served in the Navy during the Korean War and I would have stayed in but my girlfriend said no way!! I started my crossdressing at age 6, which means that I was a crossdresser when I was in the Navy. Of course I could not dress at all while aboard ship, only when I was on leave. BTW, I am now 79 and yes I do still crossdress!! But I wear no makeup or wig because my dear late wife took care of those things for me!! so now I am just a guy in a skirt!

Can't offer you the advice you want, because I just dress to please myself and to blend in! Sorry you have PTSD, and certainly hope that you get it totally under control!! Best of luck to you!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

There are lots and lots of Military Veterans around here. I served in Vietnam, and I think we have representation from WW II, right through Iraq and Afghanistan. I imagine we will be adding some Pilots from Libya, and from wherever else future governments choose to send our people into Harm's Way.

Being transgendered doesn't preclude or inhibit a person from doing "macho" jobs like Combat. We also have more than a few Cops and Firefighters around here too.

But, a Question for you. Did this desire to dress suddenly strike you after your Service in Combat? Or, have you always thought about/fantasized about releasing your Femme Persona? We notice that often, after traumatic events; people are reminded of their own mortality, and what they haven't done or accomplished. We have a lot of Transfolk who often start to actively become involved with dressing in their fifties and sixties. You can call it a "Delayed Stress Disorder" for some folks, but I would imagine The Results are similar.

Anyway, now that your Trans-Self has arrived, it's very doubtful it will ever go away. Be Happy, get better from your PTSD, live long, and prosper. Stick around, this place teaches you a lot, and it's very addictive. Sometimes an Addiction can be fun, and do no harm.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Welcome among us, yes there are lots of us here that have military experience, thank you for yours, I did mine between wars, got out shortly before Nam. I'm another that dressed way before i was in the service though, started at around 6 years old. also spent 30 years as a trucker. It's funny when we do, what do you do in the real world threads, just how many of us work in very Macho trades, and professions.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I just separated from the Air Force, in June, after almost 12 years of active duty service. I started dressing about two years ago. During that period, I received relentless discrimination from my leadership, to include being instructed by my commander to not wear skirts. I was told it would bring "bad press" upon the military. It was made very clear to me that they would not tolerate any crossdressing. Needless to say, I am still sore about it and am glad to be out and away from the intolerance. The military, in my experience, is not trans-friendly.

Welcome Donna! You are definitely not alone here! Check out this thread.

Kelly offers some very good advice. Take it slow and figure out exactly what is going on. Talking to a therapist with gender experience may be helpful.

I am also a retired O and only started dressing about 6 months ago. However, I always knew I had a feminine side but the urge to dress went through the roof late last year.

Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Donna1 View Post
    My question. As a former military officer and many under my command, I have had to employ leadership and management in crisis. Is there any other Military officers or enlisted that have the same feeling of wanting to dress?

I am finding myself wanting to dress more and more too. I need pointers on how to put makeup on and really form my body. If anyone has any pointers please let me know!

Thank you!!!
    I am also a gulf war Vet enlisted. I love to dress, Have been for many years , I do not have PTSD as far as I can tell. Again like everyone else take it slow But do what makes you feel good and welcome to the forum.
    Mistybtm

Debby, i just wrote u this long message and it did not take!!!! Ugh

Debby, i just wrote u this long message and it did not take!!!! Ugh

Feel free to PM (Private Message) me if you like.

Donna if its advice you want you have certainly made it to the right place. There are lots of ladies here that are happy to help another out. Just ask away!

Thank You for your service...I too have served for just over 21 years and proud to have done so!

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Would it be ok to put my phone number here so i can personally text with friends to talk more about this or is that not good???

Would it be ok to put my phone number here so i can personally text with friends to talk more about this or is that not good???
    Donna, IMHO, probably not. Once you get to know someone, you can always do that. If you have a Yahoo Messenger account, it is probably OK to provide that address. A lot of the forum members have that on their personal pages.

Debbie, how do u private message???

Your so sweet thank you joanna!!! I served 22 years! Love your picture!!! Hugs!
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-27-2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_replying

Aspiring Member
    Hello all, I am a military officer retired and a Iraqi War veteran. I have PTSD, and am seeing a counselor for last two years. Ever since I have come back from War, I have been wanting to dress up as a girl. I finally caved in and started closet dressing 6 months ago. I am so happier now, and my Girlfriend is very supportive.

Thank you!!!
    Welcome to the forum. I have noticed there are a lot of veterans who crossdress, including myself, so you are not alone. Course I first started before I was in the military but put it on hold during my contracted tour obligation because of how I read that contract. I started up again once I was out.
    There are a lot of people crossdressers here who are former military as well, but who have been here longer than me.

For personal safety and privacy rights reasons I do not recommend posting your phone number on the forum because we never know who we are talking to on the internet. There could some "mean disparaging" trolls walking around here looking for people to victimize. You never know, so it is prudent to take precautions on any forum you post on.
    Last edited by vetobob9; 08-26-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Debbie, how do u private message???
    If you click on someone's name, a window opens up and one of the icons says "Private Message" next to it. Just click on that. It is kind of like the forum's private e-mail system.

It may not kick in until you have your 10 posts though. Let me know.

No it says i dont have permissions

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Welcome Donna! You are definitely not alone here! Check out this thread.

Kelly offers some very good advice. Take it slow and figure out exactly what is going on. Talking to a therapist with gender experience may be helpful.

I am also a retired O and only started dressing about 6 months ago. However, I always knew I had a feminine side but the urge to dress went through the roof late last year.

Debby
    Quote Originally Posted by vetobob9 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I have noticed there are a lot of veterans who crossdress, including myself, so you are not alone. Course I first started before I was in the military but put it on hold during my contracted tour obligation because of how I read that contract. I started up again once I was out.
    There are a lot of people crossdressers here who are former military as well, but who have been here longer than me.
    Thank you Girl!!! I can definitely see!!!!

You are all so sweet to me, thank you for your wonderful advice and welcoming me to the forum!!!! Muah!!!

Debbie... Sent u an email
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-27-2011 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Merging 4 consecutive posts. Please read: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_replying

Hello Donna and welcome to the forum. I am a newly retired NCO and have been dressing for many years even while on AD and it is a very satisfying experience. You say your girlfriend is very supportive which is a blessing and very important to your well being as well as success in this part of your life. It is also very important to keep her "in the loop" and listen to what she has to say about your crossdressing. With that said your girl friend is probably your most important resource and can give some very valuable insight on how many things are accomplished. There is also a part of this forum that is dedicated to help her understand more about crossdressing from other wives, girlfriends and significant others that have loved ones that crossdress. I have been here for few years now and I have learned so much from these wonderful people that I could never have learn on my own. You have come to the right place and if this is something that can help you with PTSD then I don't see any reason to not be here. Again welcome to our little world. Relax and enjoy.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Hi Donna, another "Desert Shaft" vet here; "Just Cause", too.

I was badly injured in a training exercise shortly after getting home from Iraq, and was disqualified from my beloved job, and put behind a desk. I didn't enjoy that and ended up getting out in late 1992 -- hard to believe it's been nearly twenty years now.

Ironically, I was recently diagnosed with PTSD ... but not because of the Gulf War, or Panama; my PTSD stems from some traumatic events during training. It's funny how PTSD reared its head, 19 years after I separated. Just goes to show ya!

It took me a long time to come to terms with my crossdressing. I had crossdressed just a little bit before I joined the AF; during the twelve years that I was in, I didn't crossdress -- at all. My job was just too "manly" to risk getting caught in women's underwear, plus the required mustache really wouldn't have helped.

After I got out, I felt more relaxed .. a gradual thawing out of my feelings towards dressing, towards wanting to be more feminine, occurred. I dressed sporadically, looked at myself in the mirror -- A LOT -- and began fantasizing about being pretty. I say fantasizing because there was just no way this former combat vet was gonna be pretty, in the way I had hoped. My muscular structure prevented it, for one thing.

I slowly came to realize that this, the femininity, the feeling that I had been born in the wrong body, this had existed in me for as long as I could remember. I looked at photos of myself as a very young child, and found that I had been trying to dress as a girl, before I became conscious that dressing that way was "wrong". It's been a slow process ... and perhaps that will happen with you, also; perhaps not, though. Everyone is different. You may never feel that you were born wrong.

It's important to realize that your PTSD, although not likely to be related to crossdressing at all, will make these feelings seem more urgent. My own experience so far with this PTSD crap has certainly shown me that; it feels more pressing now to tell my entire family that I'm transgendered. I'm keeping it from my Dad and brothers for now; I've already told my grown sons, and my wife, around ten years ago. The kids "accept" me, but they are more distant than I had hoped .. and the same goes for my wife. I'm "accepted" but not really.

Keep your stick on the ice; PTSD is a bumpy ride. We're here for ya.

Thanks Deb... Your story is very similar to my story!!! I really want to be a woman full time! But I will take it slow. Thanks so much for your wonderful story!! Hugs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb Weller View Post
    Hi Donna, another "Desert Shaft" vet here; "Just Cause", too.

I was badly injured in a training exercise shortly after getting home from Iraq, and was disqualified from my beloved job, and put behind a desk. I didn't enjoy that and ended up getting out in late 1992 -- hard to believe it's been nearly twenty years now.

Ironically, I was recently diagnosed with PTSD ... but not because of the Gulf War, or Panama; my PTSD stems from some traumatic events during training. It's funny how PTSD reared its head, 19 years after I separated. Just goes to show ya!

It took me a long time to come to terms with my crossdressing. I had crossdressed just a little bit before I joined the AF; during the twelve years that I was in, I didn't crossdress -- at all. My job was just too "manly" to risk getting caught in women's underwear, plus the required mustache really wouldn't have helped.

After I got out, I felt more relaxed .. a gradual thawing out of my feelings towards dressing, towards wanting to be more feminine, occurred. I dressed sporadically, looked at myself in the mirror -- A LOT -- and began fantasizing about being pretty. I say fantasizing because there was just no way this former combat vet was gonna be pretty, in the way I had hoped. My muscular structure prevented it, for one thing.

I slowly came to realize that this, the femininity, the feeling that I had been born in the wrong body, this had existed in me for as long as I could remember. I looked at photos of myself as a very young child, and found that I had been trying to dress as a girl, before I became conscious that dressing that way was "wrong". It's been a slow process ... and perhaps that will happen with you, also; perhaps not, though. Everyone is different. You may never feel that you were born wrong.

It's important to realize that your PTSD, although not likely to be related to crossdressing at all, will make these feelings seem more urgent. My own experience so far with this PTSD crap has certainly shown me that; it feels more pressing now to tell my entire family that I'm transgendered. I'm keeping it from my Dad and brothers for now; I've already told my grown sons, and my wife, around ten years ago. The kids "accept" me, but they are more distant than I had hoped .. and the same goes for my wife. I'm "accepted" but not really.

Keep your stick on the ice; PTSD is a bumpy ride. We're here for ya.