Thread: Why is it that.....

Red face Why is it that.....

The girls I have been priviledge to meet in this forum are way much prettier than me!!!!! Ugh! :-)

Because we have each other to ask for advice on how to be prettier! Stick around and you'll be just like us!

PHOTO SHOP!!!!

No, It is not photo shop. I do not consider myself to be one of the pretty ones but I took probably 500 pictures and picked what I thought were the best ones to post here. Not many are going to post their bad pictures - I certainly would not. On the other hand, I know I got tips on makeup, hair, and clothes by posting my pictures here. It is a way to try things out and get advice.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Hope Joanna's Wife!! Joannas_fiance's Avatar
    Donna,

You're only as pretty as you wanna feel. Being pretty is a feeling not just a look. Someone is not defined by the way they look or how pretty one thinks they are. You have to believe you are pretty an there for you are!!!!!!!!!

Hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] For My Heart Is Only For You, Joanna!!! xoxo

We all start with the most major disadvantage of all ---- maleness! We overcome it it our own ways, but I agree with other posts - most important is envisioning yourself as lovely. Believein yourself most of all. We won't criticize, as we don't want to be criticized (harshly, that is). Gentle and loving encouragement, tips, tricks, stories, ideas, etc. are most welcome, as are you.

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by Joannas_fiance View Post
    Donna,

You're only as pretty as you wanna feel. Being pretty is a feeling not just a look. Someone is not defined by the way they look or how pretty one thinks they are. You have to believe you are pretty an there for you are!!!!!!!!!

Hope
    I have to agree with Joanna's Fiance! If I look in the mirror, it breaks! But I get ma-am more times than not! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

smoke and mirrors and redirecting.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I've asked myself the same question time and time again. but, I've come to the conclusion that you have to play the cards your dealt...and live with the face your born with. I'm happy when I don't frighten small children...

I'll message you the name and number of the female stunt double I hired to take photos of wearing my clothes! Expensive but the results are so worth it!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Why do I have to follow Karren Hutton? Now all my witty thoughts are for naught. I do, however, believe that most of us when we see either photos of ourselves or our reflections don't think of ourselves as pretty, cute, or otherwise feminine looking.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Gold Member
    Don't feel bad. Like the "smoke and mirrors" comment.
    Plus remember that sometimes people look better in pics than in real life, even without photoshop.

If you really want to feel better, check out the "male vs female pic" thread that is a sticky somewhere in the photo section. THAT is a real eye opener.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

hiya D,

"Beauty is always judged through the eyes of the beer-holder."

and remember...

"Nobody is ever ugly at 2am (last call) in a bar."

"Everybody will tell you that you are good-looking when you are buying the drinks or loaning them money." (just ask em')

"Beauty Fades, dumb is forever." -Judge Judy

"When it comes to improving your looks, nothing works better than money!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna1 View Post
    The girls I have been priviledge to meet in this forum are way much prettier than me!!!!! Ugh! :-)
    Why do you think I don't have my picture in my Avatar?? A lot of us cannot compete with others in the looks department, but that doesn't mean we can't have fun!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    Why do I have to follow Karren Hutton? Now all my witty thoughts are for naught. I do, however, believe that most of us when we see either photos of ourselves or our reflections don't think of ourselves as pretty, cute, or otherwise feminine looking.
    Astute for an Eastern PA girl!! Lol. But true. To me I look like a guy in dress most of the time.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Automatic tranny Ashley Allison's Avatar
    The longer you're on this forum the prettier you'll become. That's pretty much how it works.
    “What would we be if we were normal? I can't even picture it.” – Sookie Stackhouse

Gold Member
    Since you say "meet" I take that as meaning in person. And if that is the way you feel, it is probably just self-deprecation. Some of us just have trouble cutting ourselves a break, but the girl next us..... It is always easy being the next crossdresser as it is sooooo easy for them to look good and my hair stinks, and my shoulders are big, and my make-up skills are awful, and I walk funny, and my voice is deep and booming. Get it?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna1 View Post
    Ya but i am much older than they are and I . . . and I . . . I got nothing on this. And to what you said, a lot of them could pass at a Miss America contest.

What I need is one of those magic pencil things I can draw mustaches on all their computer pictures.

Kitty

Well, you haven't seen me. I look like an ape in a dress. When I wear male clothing, I look like an ape in a suit.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We are our own worst critics. Those born as girls get a couple of decades to work out how to be pretty. For some it is easier than others.

My wife considers Tina to be in her late adolescence in the "girl" timeline. I'm really pleased that she thinks I've made so much progress!

And lastly, as I surf the net for transgendered issues, I will on occasion run across a set of pics from someone who is posting their changes over the years. Invariably their femme selves start a little rough around the edges and mature into really striking women.

It takes time

Tina

Aspiring Member
    Tina that is a really good thought. It made me think of the stages, and clothes I went through. Thinking back, most were not pretty. I am not pretty now but I sure like to dress pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    We are our own worst critics. ...

And lastly, as I surf the net for transgendered issues, I will on occasion run across a set of pics from someone who is posting their changes over the years. Invariably their femme selves start a little rough around the edges and mature into really striking women.

It takes time

Tina

Donna,
    We all work hard at our vanity, but it always seems that we never can look into that looking glass mirror and see our inter-beauty!

Best Wishes
    Robin Lee

ladies,
    sometimes it takes time, We often see our faults when we look in the mirror when others only see our beauty. I am slowly learning this thanks to My wonderful Donna. Everyone of us has things we dont like, more often than not, though there are more things about us that others love. So dont always look in the mirror and judge or compare yourself to others, as this just brings you heartache and upset. We have to look at ourselves and BE OURSELVES not try to be like or look like others because we are all our OWN unique person that God made us into. So we have to be happy in our own skin, and that is when the true beauty shines through, because when you are happy with who you are at that moment in time is when everyone else will notice how beautiful you are too!! ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SMILE, EVEN WHEN YOU ARE DOWN, BECAUSE A SMILE WILL ALWAYS CAUSE YOUR MOOD TO LIFT AND YOUR HEART TO BE HAPPY. I LOVE YOU DONNA

I'll just take that as a compliment !!

thank-you