Thread: One great day!

Silver Member

One great day!

The other day I tried on one of my favorite dresses to see if it still fit. It fit pretty well so I resolved to wear it soon. I was going to go shopping last week so I got up and decided it would be a fem day of shopping. Something I haven’t done in a long time. I did my hair and put on makeup for a change. The dress is a linen sheath so I needed some support. I decided to go all the way with full slip, girdle and panty hose and heals. My nostalgic twinge.

A customer called. I told him that I was about to leave the house to go shopping. He jokingly said his wife did that the previous day, gone to a dress sale and maxed their card. I said that is where I’m headed. He said I bet your fee will match the cost of the dresses, damn I feel like I’m supporting two women now. I jokingly said you want me to bring them by and show you what you bought me. You bet, was his response. I told him I had my dress on and was headed to the sale. Sure, was the last word I heard from him.

Went to the sale determined to buy a really sexy dress and whatever else I could find that I didn’t need. The sexy dress was to tease him about buying it for me. Found one, and two other casual dresses. After that I went by his office. When I walked in the secretary did a double take and recognized me but looked dumbfounded. They have seen me in obvious casual women’s clothes including my bra showing through summer blouses.

I had the three dresses on hangers with me and told both of them that I had come by to show them what he had bought me. His secretary cracked up. I showed them the three dresses and how sexy I thought I would look in the one. The secretary said she liked the one I had on the best. I thanked her and we talked dresses and sales a few minutes, until he wanted to talk business.

After that I left and drove home. I again realized why women have done away with slips, girdles, and hose. At 100+ degrees they make you hot. Let alone uncomfortable. I will admit my legs looked better in hose, but huh. I know some love to wear all the lingerie, but I’ve been dressing a long time and while I have fond memories of some of the clothes but they really weren’t all that great. I’m old enough to like casual living and comfortable clothes.

As luck would have it as I drove in my neighbor saw me and waived and said that she was on her way over. Great! She literally meant it. As the garage door was closing I could see her coming. I walked in the back door as she rang the front. I went to the front door and answered it. She handed me some mail that was left in her box. Looked me up and down and said I like that dress. I’ve never seen you in a dress before. You look good in one. We don’t wear them around here much do we? I said no other than the ones at pool parties. She asked how come I didn’t wear them to pool parties. Told her some of the men wouldn’t feel comfortable. She agreed and left.

That is a good and fun story! Thanks for sharing!

I don't know what you do for a living, but if I could have talked To a customers dressed like that, I would still be working! Love your neighbors attitude also.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Girl! Let me tell you! There are good storys and good days! Yours doesn't fall in that catergory! More like the 'BESTEST' of all! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone: