Thread: cant get the hang of this

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar

cant get the hang of this

I was wondering,while Idling the time away,Is there any one Part of trying to emulate women do you really have a Problem getting right.Apart from the obvious e.g.Speech.
    One thing I just cant seem to perfect is getting in and out of Cars,I try my best to do It Ladylike,but end up like Bambi,Flashing more than I ever intended (and thats me sober LOL) c'mon It's hardly Rocket Science is it.So what do you find trouble perfecting or getting the hang of.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

getting in and out of cars is so easy. i have a bad back and it is done the same way for both. just turn and sit on the edge of the seat slide in and then turn facing the front of the car while bringing in both feet together.
    even if your back is ok it is better this way on the body anyhow.

Does this look good with that! Do these earrings look o-k with this dress! Is this the right lipstick for today! On and on! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am more like Cynthia Anne. Do my clothes look alright? Getting into a car like a lady is really easy for me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Dressing to fit in and blend with the other GG's is important to me and I find myself asking "Is this age appropriate and correct for the situation."
    I have noticed that if you dress to impress men...you dress from the top down as their eyes inevitably fall first to the neckline....for women it is the opposite...dress from the bottom up...Women will almost always look down at your shoes first then upwards.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Aspiring Member
    Hi: Loni is absoluutely correct, the next lesson should be stair management with heels.

I have a really hard time visualizing women's clothing and style. I get the basic idea, match like colors and I watched 'what not to wear', but all the rules seem to escape me. To work around this, I pick out a woman similar to my size and try to emulate her and the other hard part is knowing what is normal day wear vs. evening vs. night etc...
    Chickie

Not really. Lately I'm having more issues emulating a male. At least according to my dear wife. "Stop that... You look like a girl!". Well duhhhhh.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I was pretty happy with my look, as viewed in the mirror and in the many photos I take when I transform. Then I got into videos. I thought I had a pretty good walk - until I saw it on video. There's work to be done!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    I would recommend filming yourself or practicing in front of a mirror. I have problems with my very masculine gait, as well. Watching the way I move and making a conscious effort to correct it helps, muchly. With enough practice, it will become second nature.
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

I have to agree with the posts about getting clothing to look right and appropriate to different situations and my age.
    Another problem i have is controlling how many pairs of shoes or clothes i buy at any one time!

Temporarily 600 miles north of my San Diego
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie83 View Post
    Another problem i have is controlling how many pairs of shoes or clothes i buy at any one time!
    The first step is admitting that you have a problem. So, if you're like me, you'll never admit that it's a problem! Ignorance is bliss! ^_^
    I don't try to look like a woman that fits in. I try to look like a woman that stands out.

http://www.facebook.com/maxinesnotdead

Former Member
    I have the look I desire down pat. I have trouble with everything else. I can't get the hang of female mannerisms. I feel clumsy when I try. At least it gives my wife a good laugh!

The correct way of crossing legs. I dont get the typical female flexibility. And I totally love the way of my lovely wife did it

Shame on me!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lipstick, high heels, panties and mini skirt...that's me!!! Farrah

Keeping the strap to my purse on my shoulder!
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Me too, Donna. It's a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Lipstick, high heels, panties and mini skirt...that's me!!! Farrah

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    If it has double straps try crossing one over the top of the other..It's worked for me...
    There was a post here on CD.Com sometime back when this exact thing was metioned....
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Gold Member
    Yes, purses and trapezius muscles weren't meant to go together.

I could almost say everything. Hair, make-up, mannerisms, style choices, keeping anger emotions in check (that should be a guy improvement too)..... Practice, practice, and more practice is good but I still will come up short across the board. So I just accept where I am and strive to improve.

Makeup, I always seem to end up looking like Rocky Racoon.
    Sister will you…
    Make believe…
    Play dress up…
    Let me be the Princess…
    Tell me stories in the dark…
    Always be my friend?

This topic is very interesting to me.

Aside from fashion and makeup, which may require a bit of practice from a standing start, I think the rest of it should come naturally if you just allow yourself to relax and forget your "man training".

I can only speak for myself, but taking off the mask of masculinity was the turning point in my presentation. Women have efficient ways of moving and sitting and standing that men will consciously avoid because they don't want to look feminine. I noticed that I was actually correcting my natural movements to be less fem and that was when the light bulb went on.

Free your mind, and your ass will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maxine View Post
    I would recommend filming yourself or practicing in front of a mirror.
    Great piece of advice. When I first watched a video of me walking across a parking lot (a few years ago) I was quite shocked. I was ok, but nowhere near as feminine as I thought I was in my mind. Since then I have practiced more with my wife critiquing my walk. Feminine deportment is an important step to help you not stand out in a crowd and it also helps you pass better from a distance.

As for getting in and out of a car, I found that with practice it's quite easy. Here's a YouTube link for help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9AgAaOQEQ
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    This topic is very interesting to me.

Aside from fashion and makeup, which may require a bit of practice from a standing start, I think the rest of it should come naturally if you just allow yourself to relax and forget your "man training".

I can only speak for myself, but taking off the mask of masculinity was the turning point in my presentation. Women have efficient ways of moving and sitting and standing that men will consciously avoid because they don't want to look feminine. I noticed that I was actually correcting my natural movements to be less fem and that was when the light bulb went on.

Melissa has a very interesting point here and I think I agree... when I 'think' too hard about it all it isn't natural... there is a space to get into where you just 'feel' it... the moves, the looks, the intonation, etc... I feel that I always knew how to put mascara on and other stuff.. some things just seemed to come naturally and I could never figure out why?

Having said that... yeah.. my voice sounds really naff (a technical Yorkshire term) when I hear it back trying to do female, getting in and out of cars I can do okay (the thing to get in your head is to remember to keep your knees together and swivel! In fact this advice goes through lots of things.. like crossing your legs! We are wanting to avoid people looking up our skirts! What else... lots of things I could be better at... make-up, age appropriate (a real problem for me as I love short skirts and leggings!)... The BIGGY for me is being natural around other people in close proximity... I haven't cracked this yet... being in a lift with anyone else while dressed... I just smile a lot and try not to look worried!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Maxine View Post
    The first step is admitting that you have a problem. So, if you're like me, you'll never admit that it's a problem! Ignorance is bliss! ^_^
    Actually Miss Maxine, its called retail therapy. Its a lot cheaper than a psychologist and more fun.

in a word, tucking....no matter how much I try, i cant seem to get it right and when i wear one of my tighter skirts, i still end up with the bulge (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Very Good. If minds works in "women tune", everything is possible !!!!!!!