Thread: My Zipper got stuck......IN THE DRESSING ROOM!

My Zipper got stuck......IN THE DRESSING ROOM!

As I had Friday off work and my kids were in school, I planned to get dressed pretty and go out with my wife.

Thursday eveing, we decided to go grocery shopping, then lunch and shopping at a high end thrift shop.

Friday morning I got up at 7 AM, showered and shaved (everything). I talked with my wife planning our dinner menu for the week and getting the grocery list together. I got ready. I decided to wear my hoodie top (in my avatar) and my white skirt (last time to wear white before labor day!).

We went to the grocery store and did our shopping. It was not very crowded like last week when I went by myself (dressed). This time was not like when I go by myself. This time my wife put me in the role of "husband pushing the cart" which was kind of different for Kim to do. I found myself doing the "husband" role fo standing and waiting for her to pick out stuff & such. But no one gave me any funny looks or anything. I saw a couple ladies there and one looked like she was kind of a FtM CDer. She had very short hair, jeans, a button down shirt (not fitted) and large square glasses. She looked fairly male, but I don't know if whe was really trying to pass.

We finished our shopping, took the groceries home and then went to lunch. We tried a new Hibachi place. It was kind of small, but the food was good and the prices were reasonable ($4.85 lunch special for entre' and fried rice). There was enough for leftovers. We took the leftovers home and then got a second car to go shopping because she was going to pick up our daughter from college after shopping & I needed to head home.

This is where it got interesting. We met at the high end second hand clothing shop. I picked out several things to try on and went in the dressing room. This is typical for me, I'm a big girl and I can do this no problem. I tried on several things. I really liked some of the dresses, but none fit quite right or didn't look good on me. I liked one skirt I tried. It was

Oh gotta go. I'll finish this later. Sorry to keep you in suspense.

I'm back now. So I really liked this skirt I tried on. It was a silky fabric for most of it. The main color was taup with a navy blue flower pattern. The waist was blue demin with a cute 4 inch long belt and buckle in back (I wish I had taken a picture). Unfortunately it was a little tight so I debated whether I should buy it or not (it was $44 second hand!). I finally decided not to buy it. I went back to the racks and found a couple other things to try. Nothing looked good so I started putting my clothes back on. This is when -

OMG - my skirt zipper got stuck half way up!

I couldn't get it to go up or down! I started to panic. Thank goodness my wife was there. She tried to help me and finally.........We gave up. She went and asked the SA for some safety pins. We pinned up my zipper as best we could, I pulled my top down to hide the gap while remaining as calm as possible. We paid for some clothes my wife found and left.

We had some time, so we went to another thrift store. This one was much bigger, but the merchandise is not as nice. To my amazement, I found two skirts that fit well and one was similar to the one I was wearing (with the zipper still broken). We bought them and then I headed home & my wife was off to get our daughter.

I got home, changed into my new white skirt and went to Wal-Mart for a couple things we couldn't get at the grocery store then I went home and got cleaned up before my girls arrived home.

All in all it was a good day (a bad day shopping pretty is WAAAAYYYYY better than going to work).
    Last edited by Kim_Bitzflick; 09-03-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

ITwas! It was WHAT!! To be cont.?????????????????

HELP!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Is this a suspense novel? It's left me suspended:-)

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I hate sequels....,.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

An interesting moment, to be sure!

Earlier this year I was trying on a great Calvin Klein cap-sleeved sheath dress and the zipper jammed. I was at Macy's in the west side of LA. I just picked up my purse, walked up to the checkout counter, and showed the saleslady -- a loose thread had gotten caught in the works. She snipped it, pulled it out, and I walked back to my dressing room. No fuss, no muss! I wasn't nervous -- I've been out and about for many years.

Now if that had happened during "Diane, the early years", it would have been a major stress moment! Back then I was afraid to speak and was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

I later bought that dress in a size 8, a snug fit, after asking an SA's opinion if the 8 or the 10 was best for me.

-- Diane

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    Nice story. but why WAL-GEEK ?
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

Wow! I fininally got to here ''the rest of the story''! just teaseing! Glad you had a good day dispite the zipless zipper! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    I have never had anything like this happen to me while out but I fear it...I have a very small sewing kit that I keep in my purse which also includes a few safety pins of various sizes....sounds like you had a good day despite the wardrobe malfunction.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    I am happy your wife was with you and to hear you had a happy ending

I never really thought about the "husband" role at the grocery store.... I always push the buggy no matter who I am shopping with, and I am a GG....

Deana

Quote Originally Posted by Tina P Hose View Post
    Nice story. but why WAL-GEEK ?
    I try to avoid that place (they did me wrong many years ago and it was then I saw their true marketing scheme - Always the lowest price - until we put the competition out of busuness, then gouge as much as you can).

But they had some items I couldn't get anywhere close to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by dilane View Post
    An interesting moment, to be sure!

Earlier this year I was trying on a great Calvin Klein cap-sleeved sheath dress and the zipper jammed. I was at Macy's in the west side of LA. I just picked up my purse, walked up to the checkout counter, and showed the saleslady -- a loose thread had gotten caught in the works. She snipped it, pulled it out, and I walked back to my dressing room. No fuss, no muss! I wasn't nervous -- I've been out and about for many years.

Now if that had happened during "Diane, the early years", it would have been a major stress moment! Back then I was afraid to speak and was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs

I later bought that dress in a size 8, a snug fit, after asking an SA's opinion if the 8 or the 10 was best for me.

-- Diane
    I had a similar experience a couple years ago at dillard's. It took my wife & two SA's to get the zipper down enough that I could get out of the dress I was trying.
    Last edited by Kim_Bitzflick; 09-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for that, Kim!

And, THAT'S WHY I don't try on things in thrift stores! I don't have an SO along to bale me out if I run into dressing room "wardrobe malfunctions"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!