Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What % are truly hetero

Hi, I am another CD that is 100% Hetero, since I was a kid I found this fascination for females clothes, but it has always been a fascination about the fabrics and the excitement of being doing something that was "prohibited" for a boy and nobody knows I do, after the time my love for crossdressing was growing, I then I realized that it can be used as a great hobby for me, an easy way of having a lot of fun with out hurting anyone and also it works as a good stress relief.

Now I can tell for sure that I'm 100% hetero, really in love of my GG SO, and that crossdressing for me is just a huge hobby that doesnt hurt anybody (just like people who enjoy watching a lot of movies) and that is a great and healthy stress relief (way healthier than smoking a cigarrete or having a drink)

I also think that one of the reasons that I do this is that I like women so much that maybe thats why I like to fantasize of me being a woman, but I still think that what I enjoy the most about crossdressing is the way this other fabrics feel in my body, plus the reason of doing something that no one even imagine I am doing it and knowing that I have the power to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Kel, I don't know where you see the WAG. Here are the original sources for the statistics. If you disagree with the validity of these sources, then please do post alternatives.

You can look at the references below the article for the rest.
    This is the very first paragraph of the article you linked
    The demographics of sexual orientation are difficult to establish for a variety of reasons. One of the major reasons for the difference in statistical findings regarding homosexuality and bisexuality has to do with the nature of the research questions. Major research studies on sexual orientation are discussed. Most of the studies listed below rely on self-report data, which poses challenges to researchers inquiring into sensitive subject matter. More importantly, the studies tend to pose two different sets of questions. One set examines self-report data of same-sex sexual experiences and attractions while the other set examines self-report data of personal identification as gay, lesbian, or bisexual. Fewer research subjects identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual than report having sexual experiences or attraction to a person of the same sex. Several studies of sexual orientation in various countries provide comparative perspectives. Tables comparing several U.S. cities' population numbers are also included.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

I am yet another completely heterosexual crossdresser! I have never had fantasies about guys, but I love dressing up as a woman. Now I have often had fantasies about being a woman and being with a woman, so if I am anything but a straight guy, I am a lesbian girl...

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    This is the very first paragraph of the article you linked
    In any credible study, researchers are bound to report any difficulties in obtaining results. Admittedly, there are difficulties in measuring something like this. But this doesn't mean that the research is invalid. If you read the independent sources, you will see that the statistical reporting is quite thorough and any variance in results is explained.

What I'm saying is, there are people in the field who do measure these things and their findings are certainly more accurate than any "guesses" we might make in this forum based on our own individual limited views and personal experiences, mine included.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    Reine

That facts are in... if you subtract the percentage of cd's that are gay or bi or transsexual, you will have the percentage of heterosexual cd's.
    [SIZE="3"]Jennaie`[/SIZE]

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I looked at the Canadian figures and read the explanation there, and I looked further and found the Stats Canada figures on transgender and transsexuals.

The Stats Canada figures on transgender and transsexuals are, paraphrasing, "We don't have estimates for this at all, but meanwhile for your reading enjoyment, here are some links to some numbers that are related to sexual identity rather than having anything to do with gender".

It doesn't even qualify as a WAG: it is a plain "We have no idea".

I looked at the only available Stats Canada sexual identity figures for my province, numbers from 2003. Looking at those numbers, and comparing them to some figures I was given first-hand last night, it would appear that fully half of the people in my province who identify as homosexual or bisexual, are currently signed up for (paid) memberships in the main GBLT bar in my city. There are two other active GBLT bars as well. So either we have an amazingly high participation rate, or else the figures are somewhat inaccurate.

How about...How many CDs will give you a "straight" answer? lol.
    Asking that question on this forum is almost like asking how many people "lie". lol

Considering that there does not seem to be any agreement or accuracy in any of the attempts to estimate the total number of CDs to begin with...it is not
    realistic to expect any accuracy in any attempts to estimate breakdown categories of an unknown population. That is just my logical opinion.

So, that means all you can expect is WAGuessing and opinions...which of course are often presented as "facts",

It is like asking somebody like me if I quit smoking. My answer is "yes", I quit smoking, because it was getting way out of control. Now, the only time I smoke is when I want a cigarette, lol.

I have seen many indirect "answers" relating to your question on this forum that amount to..."I'm not "gay". I'm only attracted to "men" when I am
    cross-dressed". Now, explain to me just what the h**l that is supposed to mean? heheheee. Is that some concept like a "Mulligan" in golf. Or "it does not count" because you opened your eyes in hide-n-seek? Or "it wasn't me...it was "her"...(imaginary friend)...lol

This is a world where people redefine, modify and "technically" expand definitions and interpretations of their behavior to justify just about anything they do not wish to be held responsible for.

I also agree with the option of just confining your focus and interpretations to your particular circumstances and your SO. That, I can assure you, will be
    confusing enough...

But, if you must know...here is an answer for you...

4 out of every 3 men are hetero. 40% of half of them are CD, with another 75% of the 26% that are lying being bi-sexual. But only 82% of those individuals are being honest with themselves, leaving the remaining 18% engaging in self deception. Plus, 98% of that 18% blame their unacceptable behavior or desires on an imaginary "friend", that is actually claimed to be an existing, but separate personality of a person that exists in their mind, but not in reality...that has nothing to do with any type of personality disorder.
    Unfortunately, it is a fact that 12 out of every 9 CDs have a problem with math...

I hope that clears things up for you...

good luck,
    Last edited by eluuzion; 09-08-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking One statistic of a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Instead of guessing, here are some statistics. Anyone is welcome to post additional statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra...al_orientation

• US (2011): 3.5% gay or bi, which leaves 97.5% hetero. Percentage of total pop that is TG = .3%.

• UK (2010): 1% gay, .5% bi, which leaves 98.5% hetero (with 3% "don't know").

• Australia (2003): 2% gay, 1% bi, 97% hetero (with 8% bi curious).

• Canada (2003): 1% gay, 1% bi, which leaves 98% hetero.

• Denmark (1992): 3% gay or bi, which leaves 97% hetero.

• France (1992): 4% gay or bi (at least one experience), which leaves 96% hetero.

• Norway (1998): 3% gay or bi (at least one experience), which leaves 97% hetero.

I really find it hard to believe that as much as 50% CDs would be gay or bi based on these figures, especially since sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender ID. Even if you double the above gay/bi statistics to apply to TGs, it would still mean that over 90% of TGs are hetero.
    Actually, this is what I suspected. The number of transgendered men who consider themselves attracted exclusively to men (gay) would be smaller than the overall male population.

Remember, that transgendered MTF think women are beautiful, sexually attractive, and want to be beautiful and sexy themselves.

Ironically, even when an MTF transgender is attracted to men, it is only AS A WOMAN. So in their minds and experience, even this is "heterosexual". Being seduced by men makes them feel more feminine and attractive, even if they don't actually have sex with them.

On the flip side, they can easily justify their attraction to woman as being heterosexual because they are genetic male attracted to female.

There aren't as many MTFs who are "true lesbians", who would RATHER have lesbian style sex than sexual activities that involve using their male anatomy as male anatomy..

Dates with a "real lesbian" were always amazing, because it was such a sensual experience.

As one t-girl put it, I'm tri-sexual, I'll try anything once, and more if I like it.

When you're transgendered you have the 1-6 kinsey scale of sexual preference, and a similar 1-6 scale for sexual identity,allowing for 36 possible combinations from M1-M6 (yuck) to G6-G6 (Wow!).
    And then there is the identity of the partner, which could also be 1-6 for identity.

I've particularly enjoyed being totally fem with a woman who is slightly more masculine and aggressive. She can seduce me. And often considers it a real turn-on that she can be "the guy" and be in control of the action.
    Last edited by ReineD; 09-08-2011 at 03:43 AM. Reason: TMI

i am a bit different... definatly learning to accept the fact that if the right guy were to come around id definatly be a switch hitter... nikki is totally straight girl who wants a older redneck country man to take care of her.. but whats left of nick wants a strong masculine but attractive woman to care for him... either way definatly the submissive party

Cindy

You are making the mistake of confusing gender and sexual orientation. These are two separate drives which are often linked culturally but individually there is no link. This is just the same as a women who can be a tomboy but that does not mean she is lesbian. Most women have the same reaction as you, believing that this has to do with sexual orientation but usually it is not.

Additionally many crossdressers do not dress for gender reasons - ie there is no female spirit living inside them. Many dress solely for pleasure or relaxation combining elements of role-playing, fantasy and escapism as well as a physical delight in the clothes themselves.

You should listen to what your husband tells you rather than seek answers from the experiences of others. Everyone is different and unique so only his answers are important.
    I want to be judged for who I am not what I am. Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by sandra-leigh View Post
    The Stats Canada figures on transgender and transsexuals are, paraphrasing, "We don't have estimates for this at all, but meanwhile for your reading enjoyment, here are some links to some numbers that are related to sexual identity rather than having anything to do with gender". It doesn't even qualify as a WAG: it is a plain "We have no idea".
    This thread and the statistics above are about sexual orientation, not about gender ID. I've just looked at the Canadian link, and I didn't see anything about TGs. Did I miss something?

Anyway, I did post these rather quickly since they seemed at least more credible than just opinions and guesses. I did not read all the sources for all the countries, since they seemed fairly consistent with one another and I felt this pointed to some level of veracity.

The US source is the most recent. Have a look. The data comes from eleven different surveys. I'll have a closer look when I have more time.

But, considering that people may have tendencies to under report their gay or bisexual activities, the 1%-3% across the board might be low. Or, it could be entirely accurate depending on the sample. One would have to see the raw data from all the studies to determine this. But, to say they are as high as was suggested in prior posts is, I think, wishful thinking.

Also, if we cannot believe any of the stats because they are based on self-reports and self-reports are never accurate, then maybe we should not believe that anyone here is who they say they are?

... d*mn I'm busted now. I'm not really a GG.
    Reine

Whoever wants to make me happy in life, spoil me, love me, and make love to me is who I am going with. No matter what orientation, or gender they are. Although I identify more with the homosexual population.
    Boys Boys Boys! We like boys in cars!
    Boys Boys Boys! Buy us drinks in bars!
    Boys Boys Boys! With hairspray and denim!
    And Boys Boys Boys! We love them! We love them!

Aspiring Member
    The question that needs to be asked to answer whether you are Hetero or not is "Are you capable of loving another man?' Everything else is just sex. Good sex but still just sex.

Kitty

Is there a way to take a survey of the members of this group?

It seems that there are very few such surveys actually being done.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_sexuality
    cites only two studies one surveyed only 47 post-op MTF respondents.

Ideally, the survey would include at least a few questions. Including:
    1 - On a scale of 1 to 6 with 1 being attracted ONLY to ANY member of the Opposite sex to 6 being attracted ONLY to ANY member of the same sex, rate your preference.
    1 - I am only attracted to women and attracted to most women.
    2 - I am only attracted to certain women and find a few men attractive
    3 - I am mostly attracted to women but find many men attractive
    4 - I am mostly attracted to men, but find many women attractive
    5 - I am only attracted to certain men and find a few women attractive
    6 - I am only attracted to men and attracted to most men.

On a scale of 1 to 6 - rate your sexual identity
    1 - Living almost exclusively as a man
    2 - Living as a man but like to get dressed up in women's clothing at home in private.
    3 - Living as a man but like to get fully dressed up in women's clothing at home.
    4 - Living as a man but like to go out as a girl occaisionally
    5 - Would like to me a woman but don't want to give up benefits of being male.
    6 - Would like to be a woman and if not actually transitioning, it's only because of limited resources or logistical issues.

What is your actual partner's actual gender
    1 - Female
    2 - TS or TG
    3 - Male

Rate your actual partner's sexual identity.
    1 - very feminine woman, and loves being a girl.
    2 - an average woman, wears pants much of the time, dresses comfortably.
    3 - a bit of a tom-boy, like to hang out with the guys, and has a lot of guy interests.
    4 - very butch, one of the guys, even looks a bit like one.
    5 - he (or she) is a gentleman, and a gentle and kind, but masculine.
    6 - he (or she) is "All man", what a hunk!

What is your ideal partner's actual gender
    1 - Female
    2 - TS or TG
    3 - Male

Rate your ideal partner's sexual identity.
    1 - very feminine woman, and loves being a girl.
    2 - an average woman, wears pants much of the time, dresses comfortably.
    3 - a bit of a tom-boy, like to hang out with the guys, and has a lot of guy interests.
    4 - very butch, one of the guys, even looks a bit like one.
    5 - he (or she) is a gentleman, and a gentle and kind, but masculine.
    6 - he (or she) is "All man", what a hunk!

Something like that would be an interesting survey that, if taken by a few hundred or a few thousand transgendered men might provide a better view of the overall TG population and our sexual preferences and practices. I don't know if specific pattern would emerge or not.

Me doing girly things is akin to Danica Patrick driving race cars, and women in combat missions.
    OH GREAT MAKER!!! THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!

This is it in a nut shell!!!

I am so going to use this!
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

[SIZE="4"]I just enjoy being who I am, not really interested in other men, the thought just makes my skin crawl I prefer the real GG deal[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"] Mandy xx[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"]Dont knock it, till youve tried it[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="3"]Qualified & Insured Waxing Therapist[/SIZE]

It's because women get all the cool clothes

Skirts, blouses, T shirts , pants , bows, hair ties, frilly stuff, more types of undies then you can shake a stick at, corsets,bras....and fun accessories.

What do guys get?

Dirty t-shirt or a Polo and a pair of jeans.... (boooo)

As for me, I am 100% hetro. I kind of think of myself as a lesbian in a male body.

Aspiring Member
    Debbie I have to disagree with you post. You do not need all of those questions A true homosexual, wants and needs to love another man just like most of us can love our women. Homosexual men are not capable of loving a woman as a partner.

If you can love a woman, then any tendencies toward males is bisexual not homosexual. If

sometimes i think its all denial... i think they are all at least bisexual.. although i am identified as hetero also.. lately i think i could be bi.. but that being said.. i dont like men.. just other passable cds. and trans.... but my point is.. that dressing as a woman is a powerful emotional physical spiritual thing.. it can alter ones senses.. and therefor create a more sensitive type of experience.. a man is supposed to be a machine that pleases the woman.. this can be boring for a man.. a man might like to be pleased and stimulated also.. and appreciated... this type of thing leads to crossdressing.. i just shaved my legs.. and although i know its taboo in soceity.. i find it extremely gratifiying.. i have a touch of runners knee. and an old injury that makes me need to stretch my legs.. i find i am nicer to my body if im shaved ... that is.. its more interesting to slow down and do yoga or just balance myself better without the hair... ... remember... clothing and makeup and hair or whatever it is that is crossdressing is man made.. woman are not born with that stuff on and neither are men... it is an illusion that these things are feminine.. its just society saying so...

what we are expressing is something quite sophesticated.. and it involves a kind of truth about the self...
    it is ok for a woman in soceity to remark how another woman is beautiful. but it is a double standard for men.. men are supposed to be farting hairy brutes... they also say that woman live longer than men.. i think its because woman are more attentive to their bodies.. and that is ultimatly what drives the crossdresser...

the clothes can be extremly sexualy stimulating.. in the heightened state the mind can wander free... but still i dont fantazise about men.. .. ever really... but i can imagine things that involved being touched .. not just ridden like a inanimate object...

furthermore.. a relationship is a relationship.. if two people love each other and give each other support.. then. they should remain true to each other.. fantasy has its place but reality is an unfortanate side effect of life... therefor i think if a man who is a cd.. loves a woman and she loves him. there is nothing to worry about..

i feel that women are the greatest of gods creations. i not only love women,i worship the ground they walk on.i love dressing but do not have any desire for men.in fact when im dressed all i can think about is my wife, and how i should be kneeling at her feet

So it comes back to this again. Unless the exact parameters are defined in the original hypothesis the study will contain major flaws.

Should we study transsexual who marry after transition? Would they be gay or straight? What about the TS's who WANT to marry but cannot because now they want to marry a woman?

The numbers Reine cites seem to be far below what is considered correct. 1%? when 10% of the population is thought to be gay? And of course what is "bi"? In college (and maybe there has been a sweeping change in the US since then) we considered sexual orientation to be a bell curve. Not a linear thing or a compartmentalized thing. I know this will ruffle a few feathers but in nature nothing is 100% anything. I believe it was Masters and Johnson who first pointed out that a significant number of males had some sort of homosexual experience sometime in their life and I think it even said to sexual completion. Ok I know (using Danica Patrick analogy again) driving a race car one time does not make you a race driver but have oral sex one time and you are.....(this is a PG rated site) for life.

The other thing is that on this site, as with everything on this site, you get a skewed response. If the first responder had said "I am out gay and proud!" there would have been more out and proud gays posting but the first responders were the "I am NOT GAY" people who planted the flag so that the followers would post. You are not going to get a good cross section in this forum. I refer again to the poll fro two years ago where maybe the question was asked differently. The results were almost even hetero/bi. I remember that time even stating that when a CD says they are "Lesbian" they could not be because they didn't have the right equipment (which even IF you accepted the Lesbian in a man's body idea you would be homosexual.). They were straight men in women's clothes who had sex with women. But I digress.

Once again, we seem to get the answers we expect, even if questionable, and we wave our flag that we were correct in our thesis with a flawed model. From the responses here I have read they do not align with many other threads out there as to orientation. I wonder where all the "When I am dressed I want to be treated like a lady and would date Brad Pitt" people are? Probably reading the "I feel just like a hooker" threads. I think maybe what we see in our mind (how many here believe they are actually a woman when they are dressed...if everyone says "no" I know they are in a different world in their minds) is far different than what is reality. Then again maybe I am one of the lucky ones who has come to grips with my "bi" sexuality
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

WHY DO WOMAN PAINT THERE NAILS?? is it only to attract men?? if so .. then men are attracted to it.. and therefor its naturaly for a man who is bored and interested to want to interact with such a thing...

but if woman pain their nails because they enjoy it.. then ultimatly it is not a sexual reproductive thing.. and who says a man cant enjoy it for the same reasons?? furthermore.. when i paint my toenails and walk around.. the mere visual heightening of my feet make me control my steps and posture in a way that i am otherwise to sloppy about.. this makes me refine myself.. it is healthy.. and it is ok...
    Last edited by bridgetta; 09-08-2011 at 12:20 PM.

The % of Transfolk that are completely Hetero? I am reminded of Great Church Minds in The 17th Century, trying to determine The Number of Angels that reside on The Head of A Pin! All we ever get is imaginative guesses. Most agree we can't even figure out The Actual % of Transfolk in The Population, let alone the numbers of The truly heterosexual.

And just to toss in another "monkey wrench." It's been my experience at least among the many hundreds of Gurls that I know, that there is a great deal of lying and self-deception going on about this subject. MOST have had "Fantasies," quite a few have had Bi-Sexual "Experiments," if you can get them to admit to it. But now we come to a second conundrum.....are they Bi-Sexual Experiences? If your Trans, and you think there is a separate Femme Persona; if she picks up a guy, is SHE doing something Gay, or HETEROSEXUAL? And then, do we have to count her among The Number of heterosexual crossdressers? Come to think of it, if one is transgendered, but only having relations with women, doesn't that make her A Lesbian? Can't really count That Lesbian Sister among The Heterosexual CD Population either, right?

Back to The "Fantasie's." As Jimmy Carter once said, "In My Heart I have sinned, because I thought about it!" Same Problem, if you've thought about The Act.....doesn't that kind of make you a non-heterosexual? At least that's true in Thought , if not in Deed.

Wait! When I started, I didn't think we could give you an answer. I thought it was unsolvable. Now, I think I might be wrong! After considering these "other" factors, I conclude that The Heterosexual CD Population is Zero , or 100% heterosexual! I have solved The Conundrum! I'm going to turn around and submit this "Thesis," and use it as a Base for my Doctoral Dissertation. My Brilliant thoughts are just as good as "The Experts" who always think they know Everything about being Transgendered. Just call me DOCTOR Joanie!

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-08-2011 at 03:09 PM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Is there a way to take a survey of the members of this group?

Ideally, the survey would include at least a few questions. Including:
    1 - On a scale of 1 to 6 with 1 being attracted ONLY to ANY member of the Opposite sex to 6 being attracted ONLY to ANY member of the same sex, rate your preference.

1.25 - I am only attracted to women and attracted to certain women.

2 On a scale of 1 to 6 - rate your sexual identity - this question is misworded (I have answered what it appears to be asking since none of the options pertained to sexual identity but rather to gender)

7 - I am a woman

3 What is your actual partner's actual gender

0 - I am unattached

4 Rate your actual partner's sexual identity.

N/A

5 What is your ideal partner's actual gender

1 - Female

6 Rate your ideal partner's sexual identity. (same comment as for question 2)

1.5 Feminine woman who loves being a girl and dresses comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieL View Post
    Something like that would be an interesting survey that, if taken by a few hundred or a few thousand transgendered men might provide a better view of the overall TG population and our sexual preferences and practices. I don't know if specific pattern would emerge or not.
    I hope an MtF TS counts in your survey of "transgendered men" even though I never was really a man except in bodily appearance
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity