Thread: Feminine side

Feminine side

I believe, like a lot of us, that all men have a feminine side. Why do some us play that out like we do? I think that is the direct result of our parents and society telling us that we have to be masculine just because we're male! I remember putting on my mom's lipstick when I was a kid and feeling so good but so guilty at the same time. If parents think that showing your feminine side is wrong, then they should be able to accept both sides and let their kids decide. Yes, I did the same with my sons, even though I was cding at the same time in private. Wow ... Is that screwed up or what? Please God lets us all be who we are.

Very well said. I cd because I was brought up like a daughter at times. I was dressed in girls clothes so I could play with my sister, due to my father going on business trips and my brother being a brother. I thought it was cool to embrace spending time with both, and now I understand why it stuck with me. I don't feel guilty about it either. I am who I am, as is my neighbor and his neighbor and so forth. Be who you are. Life is just too short to not enjoy it doing what you love.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I also believe that all men have a feminine side, and I also believe that all woman have a masculine side. That said, I suppose family influences could have had something to do with my becoming a CD. My mother died when I was very young, and after school my older sister and I went to stay at Grandma's house until Dad came home. My grandma had me wear old dresses so I wouldn't get my school clothes dirty!! None of the other kids who played with us ever said anything, and I kind of liked wearing the dresses. I had already tried out my sisters panties and sure liked them! As Jessica said, just be who you are!! You don't really need to know the reason why you do everything!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I have never seen any scientific evidence that men have a feminine side.
    So I will not believe it myself. It’s all nonsense. Men are men and women are women.

I have to go now as I have a new dress I want to try on.

SUZY

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    This might sound crazy, but I tend to blame the industrial revolution for the macho male mentality that we have today. The factories took men out of the home and into long hours within a male dominated world. In the old agricultural societies, men spent time teaching and raising the children also. As men got farther from the family they lost that nurturing and caring mentality and started to just see themselves as a source of provision. A division took place that had men in one world, working in factories, and women in the home doing there job of home maker and raisers of children. Now we live in a society that has too many things divided into male and female, that as far as I thnk, should never have happened. As Jessica puts it, life is too short, to not enjoy doing what we love doing.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Biologically speaking...everyone starts out as female (in the womb). Then a certain set of genes turns on a certain set of hormones and things start happenig.
    A mere toss of a coin...
    Every male body posseses the remnants of a uterous...and what might have been.
    (Those nipples that we all have are another clue).
    "Missed it by that much!"

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I have never seen any scientific evidence that men have a feminine side.
    So I will not believe it myself. It’s all nonsense. Men are men and women are women.

I have to go now as I have a new dress I want to try on.

SUZY
    LOL....Suzy you're the greatest!
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

The woman inside me Kathryn Philips's Avatar
    I have a female side which wants to look, act, move, talk, think and feel as feminine as possible. There are many males that are like me some of which are members of this forum. But we are in the minority. Most biological males do not have this female side at all. Some may have personality traits that are considered by society as "feminine", but they don't have what we are fortunate to have.
    xxx
    Kathryn

Waiting for my upgrade to Female

My feminine side is real.

My masculine side is fake.

Any time I do something really macho I laugh, because I'm thinking what a great job I'm doing fooling everyone.

Platinum Member
    actually, there's lots of evidence that many biologically male individuals possess feminine traits. So far as I know, there isn't a urine test that one might use to determine one's personal blend of m to f, but realistically, many of us are living proof that this exists. I didn't choose to be as I am. As early as I could recall, it was there. And I didn't try to express it, I tried to hide it for much of my life.

I had a feminine side to me growing up and was told to "man up". I tried, but mother nature was stronger as I grew older.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    My mother never approved of my dressing,with good reason I was light fingered with her things through the years at her house,but the feelings inside were too strong to resist.Im pretty sure still to this day she feels the same way,but its never spoken of.I do know though that she loves that I am sensitive to others feelings.I will just have to be a caring individual In my drab clothes though

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

When all is said and done Marla, we all are pretty much who we choose to be.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have always had a feminine side and it all depends on how much I want to surpress her. As life goes on we all need to find the perfect balance to the feminine side or it just becomes a constant battle inside of us.

I am learning to let Rebecca out more and life has been so much better for me, rather than suppressing her deep inside.

Be free, express your true inner feelings without all the guilt. It can be a long road to travel or we can map a better course. I am working on that!

You are all so great on here.

Rebecca

Silver Member
    I'm not really happy with the male/female polar approach, or even the spectrum notion, for that matter. I don't even particularly think of myself as male or female, in fact. I'm just me. The lack of identity specificity pops out in odd ways. My assumed name is androgynous, deliberately (though it has a connection to my given name). I'm content with dressing fully male or fully female, as well as mixing them. (I do absolutely DETEST men's suits, however. Pure hatred, including all they represent.) I can be perfectly happy minimally underdressing. My personality traits are all over the map in terms of gender norms. It feels more multi-dimensional than polar. It's too bad life is so constraining as far as personal expression goes.

Lea

Hi

Suzy.are you not forgetting something , im both male & female. so how do you answer for my self then , it;s called intersexed. a mix of both . or may be im nether. not sure if i like that idear,,,,,,now.....

Most every body has both male *& female to what degree. is another matter. & not worth the effort to find out tho it can be, if needed. & it is for some of us.

...noeleena...