Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do u ever think that playing, "Dress up", is childish?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Exclamation Do u ever think that playing, "Dress up", is childish?

I don't mean just the girls who like the frilly, sissy girl looks. Or, those that like to dress as a girl child going to a wedding. I mean everyone! Including those that try to blend and pass.

I sometimes think, when I'm choosing which shade of panties to wear under just the rite shade of pantyhose, "What the H am I doing?"
    "Why does it matter so much which girlie THING I wear?"

Trying on one outfit after the other? Trying to pick the best or better one?
    Of course it's engaging, but I sometimes feel embarrassed! Like a young kid playing around in her mom's shoes and old clothes!

Anyone else ever get that feeling?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-13-2011 at 10:31 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

All the time.
    Liz

I never thought of it a childish, but hey lets hang onto our childhood as long as we can remember it.

PJ

Philippa Jane

I did when I was a child! and OH what fun it was! I miss those days! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Not at all childish. I think it is a very good activity. I do it with my CD girlfriends as much as possible (not often enough though). I feel especially feminine when I do this and all my CD girlfriends think the same.

Some days! As a child I never threw away old Halloween costumes, and wore them all the time, as play costumes. I was the youngest child, and had a lot of time alone, dressing up as a cowboy, fireman, and when alone, a girl was not unusual, taking on an identity that could last most of the day, and always staying in character, mom humored me and always played along with who ever I was that day. Some days I feel just like I did way back then, still playing with costumes, still trying to be someone else, but I don't do the cowboy anymore, just the cowgirl.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I asked my Barbie and she thinks its definatly not!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    That feeling of "childishness" might very well be what kept me from finding Tina years ago. I thought Halloween was childish! I couldn't even bring myself to participate in a theatrical production because getting into a character other than myself made me feel foolish.

Tina is different. She IS a part of me. That IS me there in the mirror. It's not playacting. It's not "getting into" some character foreign to my mind. It IS my mind.

Oh, and I still don't like to get dressed up for Halloween!

Tina

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Over the past couple of months, I have occasionally looked in the mirror while I am dressed and thought about the absurdity of it. I mean, I am a grown man with a goatee and I am walking around my house in front of my wife in a miniskirt, panties, bra, strappy sandals and flowing top. Then I think how good it makes me feel and I just shake my head. In a way, it is surreal. But I am what I am.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry
    Do u ever think that playing, "Dress up", is childish? Of course it's engaging, but I sometimes feel embarrassed! Like a young kid playing around in her mom's shoes and old clothes! Anyone else ever get that feeling?
    [SIZE="2"]I don’t think it’s any more childish than other adult preoccupations, but consider the source…

Seriously, I don’t think anything that involves pantyhose (or adult-size panties, for that matter) can be termed childish, but dress-up is a wonderful “activity” that helps to keep us young. My ex-girlfriend once pronounced that we all have our personalities in place by the age of seven, so it may stand to reason that adults will do things that appear (at first glance) to be childish. I never want to grow up, and I see myself as a young girl (by choice). If you THINK young you won’t be burdened by any adult feelings of guilt, and playtime is just that – time to PLAY! I’ll tell you, I never feel embarrassed about any aspect of crossdressing – just think what I could be doing instead…
    [/SIZE]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Compared to my actual age the way that I dress enfemme might be considered somewhat childish. I am 79 but dress like a lady in her 40's!! That is a child to me!! BTW, I rarely wear pantyhose!! I prefer stockings and regular panties! When I dress I do think that I am younger, but certainly not a child!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Childish!!???

I know you are, but what am I?

Doc, I wouldn't doubt that it's "dress up" for you. But for a lot of other people, it's a lot more than that! It's a verification of how they feel inside.

At times, we have all felt silly or childish. But for most, it has a lot more to do with not being able to attain that femme persona that they desperately crave.....that's what makes them feel "foolish?" For trying to aspire to something that exceeds their grasp. (At least for the time being.)

Once again, this points out how individualistic this TG Journey becomes. We're all somewhere on The Road, just in different places.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 09-13-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Banned Read only
    From my perspective I would say that some people in the world would call it childish, it would be those that do not quite understand us. Even some of us do not understand us. But for me personally it isn't childish, it's something that I have to do. If I go for a week or two or even longer, I will get all cranky. I especially need to become Tara after I have had a rough week or so, I need to, I have to, though it is so misunderstood by so many, and even I do not fully understand my own need to become Tara. And epsecially with all of the steriotypical stigmatisms coming from those that misunderstand us, one would think, why do it, is it childish, I'm sure some would think so (as part) of the misunderstandings about who we are, but to me, when it is a nessecity to do what I must do, is it that I'm so unhappy in my male life?, or is it because of the horrendous bloody emotional scarring childhood beatings and verbal abuse I have endured, who knows?
    I do not think it is childish at all. Although I know I'm very misunderstood by many, even I, with what I do, do not understand some of the aspects that other crossdressers do. I won't mention those types on here, for I respect them nonetheless, but there are some behaviors I have seen that are under the cloak of crossdresser that does somewhat puzzle me. But to each their own, for I'm no judge at all in this world.
    Love & Respect...............Tara

Nope! It never happens to me. I love playing dress up, choosing the right color panties and bra to wear under my outfit, choosing just the right accessory, getting my makeup and hair just right, and for the final touch, the perfect feminine scent. To me that's not being childish, but realistic.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherry, This is serious buisness I'm not playing around here.

Orchid LOL

Yes, I think it's childish. But my ex-wife didn't think so.

I get that feeling once in a while, but I just have a lie down and think about pretty things until it passes. Like that bride fantasy mentioned above. I can take an afternoon and design not just the perfect dress, but plan the whole wedding. The groom's face is a little fuzzy, but that's another problem to discuss another day. He's just an accessory anyway, like the bouquet or cake cutter.

Truth to tell, this, (CDing,)is something I need to do to express those facets or aspects of myself that I cannot in my regular life. It's far more than just something I do, it a part of who I am!

And who cares if it's childish. C.S. Lewis once wrote that part of growing up is learning not to be afraid of being childish when it called for, and not to worry about being "all grown up" all the time. And as another very wise man said, "Those who do not enter the Kingdom of Heaven like a little child shall never enter it at all." So if I enter it in a frilly dress, crinolines, lacy panties, thigh high white hose, Mary Janes and braids tied up in bows, that's fine with me. And maybe a red balloon and a giant lollypop to complete the image.

After all, "It's never to late to have a happy childhood." I wise I could remember the source of that quote, so I could give credit where it is due.
    Last edited by DameErrant; 09-13-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: I was just having too much fun to stop!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

docrobbysherry:

You wear panties under your pantyhose? I must be doing it all wrong.....dana.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Hey, I NEVER said it WAS childish, Jil! Just wondered if anyone ever FELT it was!

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    Nope! It never happens to me. I love playing dress up, choosing the right color panties and bra to wear under my outfit, choosing just the right accessory, getting my makeup and hair just right, and for the final touch, the perfect feminine scent. To me that's not being childish, but realistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by drushin703 View Post
    docrobbysherry:
    You wear panties under your pantyhose? I must be doing it all wrong.....dana.
    I ALWAYS tuck, Dana! Unless your pantyhose have a LOT more holding power than mine, u gotta put the panties on first!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    Childish!!???
    I know you are, but what am I?
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Sherry, This is serious buisness I'm not playing around here.
    Orchid LOL
    Ok, ollie ollie oxen free free free u 2! Now THOSE r funny comments! I NEEDED a laff tonite! Thank u!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not anymore.

My profession and industry requires me to act young, and have a youthful imagination. I'm an artsy & creative type. I make full use of my imagination to break free and let loose.

I also face tight deadlines with million dollar accounts on the line, with competition burning at my feet.

Whether shopping at the mall, a ladies' night out, or even my silly sissy girl thing, it all keeps me sane and creatively alive. Living without it in the past has made me frustrated and angry.

I just is.

Sherry, see you at SCC.

Gold Member
    You've seen my Punky Brewster outfit, haven't you?

Banned Read only cracks_in_porcelain's Avatar
    I don't think it's childish. I'm taken by the detail and effort that goes into appearance. When I get dressed up, I dress up for myself.

There's definitely a "child at heart" aspect to it. There's also a surprising amount of "child at heart" involved in kinky sex, too.

Who's playing?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)