Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn, run in my pantyhose

Aspiring Member

Darn, run in my pantyhose

Putting on a brand new pair of pantyhose this morning (sheer energy active support) and there is a run in the toe. $5.00 down the drain!
    Don't you just hate it when that happens. I think Active Support Pantyhose went through a change a year or two ago - more sheer now, not as much support and not as durable. All the old ones are gone. Darn.
    Time to find a new brand of support pantyhose.
    Love to shop,
    SheriM

Switch to thigh highs and when you get a run you only loose one leg! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Im with you Karren thigh highs all the way,far sexier and feminine,and you only lose one at a time.

The softer side of Sears JoanAz's Avatar
    Take them back to store for refund or replacment, if you haven't worn them, the least they can say is NO
    JoanAz

I'm with Karren and Glynnis on this one, if I have to wear hose I would usually opt for thigh highs.

Mind you, rather than throw $5 down the drain, if the run (or ladder as we call it this side of the pond) is still very small and in a place that will not be seen (in shoes or above hemline) then a drop of clear nail varnish will stop the ladder from getting longer.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

I agree with Karren! With me one pair = two pair anyhows! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I prefer No-nonsense myself. Same price, a lot more durable. I wear them every day.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I prefer No-nonsense myself. Same price, a lot more durable. I wear them every day.
    I'll second that.

Orchid

Wear pants or jeans, no more problems. heh heh

I'm with the no nonsense team , I've got a pair I've forgotten when I bought them, they are so old and worn many times, and still going strong, (now they will run/ladder next time I wear them just for saying it) and it's easy to find them in my size.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Thigh highs here too the only way to go.

I think I read somewhere that some brands in South America have three legs, so if you get a run in one leg you have a back up leg hose.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

Try lightly brushing clear nail polish over the run. It'll fix it.
    It's what I do every time I get a run in my pantyhose.
    "Move along people, there's nothing to see here."

Aspiring Member
    The run is in the toe area so jeans won't help - that is what I wear mostly anyway. Haven't tried no nonsense in years - maybe I'll give them a try.

The other option is to cut off the "bad" leg and save what remains of the pantyhose for future use. Then, when you get a run (and eventually you will) in the next identical pair - repeat. Ipso, presto, combine the two and wear them as a single pair and at least minimize your overall losses that way. The added benefit is that you will then also get twice the support in the "control" portion at the waist.

I wear Italian pantyhose, $15 a pair- even more frustrating when they run... Those Italians, they make such beautiful panyhose worth every penny. Once you try them you won't ever go back to department store brands.

Kind of like Italian sports cars...if you're ever seduced into (and can even afford) buying a dream machine like a Ferrari, a Maserati, or a Lamborghini, be prepared to welcome your mechanic into the fold like a family member, because that's just about what he'll become...

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    I think I read somewhere that some brands in South America have three legs, so if you get a run in one leg you have a back up leg hose.
    Maybe the third one isn't for a leg?? Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I also prefer thigh highs for all the reasons mentioned, but save that pair of pantyhose with the run if you are in a cold climate. My wife also gives me any pantyhose that have a run and I use them when I go out to plow or shovel snow. There is nothing warmer under my guy clothes (or ski outfit) for being out in the cold!

tina

clear nail polish. That is what I do.

All this thigh high nonesense. geeez. LoL. If they too are of low quality they end up down your ankles :P There are times they look like the ones your grandma wore, and I have seen some get really loose due to sliding down.

I have a pair of sheer energy, sheer to waist, off black hose that have 10 wearings, the damage consists of two runs on the bottom of the left foot, and one that runs up the back. All have been stopped by the nail polish.

You just gotta be careful when putting them on. The runs I got were due to me not smoothing off a toe nail, and not realizing the back of my high heels were rough. Quality of hose is really important too, as is sheerness. Really sheer hose you are lucky to get two wearings out of before there is a run. That is just the nature of them.

Maybe if boys were made to wear delicate clothing like girls, we may not have so many violent people out there. hmmmm, who knows. LOL
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

pantynhoseman
    Try Leggs sheer energy control top. I wear them 24/7 and although it happens, I get alot less runs with them. Also, fileing ur toenails helps alot too. I do wear thigh highs when I "play" but for everyday, I prefer the tightness of pantyhose. (;

Quote Originally Posted by NancyTO View Post
    Pantyhose with three legs?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

As far as support pantyhose are concerned, I would like to recommend Sears Nice Touch Medium Toning. I always keep two pairs of each of my favorite shades (white, black, nude, soft taupe) on hand. Very nice support.

http://www.sears.com/nice-touch-pant...p-075A0002000P

Really nice Fully Fashioned Seamed (gartered nylons) can cost up to $50 a pair, They look great on, but talk about crying over a run! SuperMarket hose is very cheap by comparison. It's all relative.

OH i hate when that happen !!!!!! to minimize the risk of getting a runner i wear medical latex gloves . For me it does the trick and no more runners since then . Well at least not at punting them over my legs LOL