Thread: Unexpected Visit

Unexpected Visit

I just had the most unexpected visit ever, my dad and one of my sisters decided to pay me a visit in my flat.

It was unexpected because my sister who out of my family lives the closest has not visited my flat since i moved in nearly a year ago and when i asked recently if when she was going to come and visit she said she wasn't. My dad was not expected because i have very little contact with him over the last year, and when i met with my mother last week, we passed him on the street and he just blanked me.

This was on top of the fact that i had my feminine clothes were layed out in my bedroom and i had my nail polish and makeup out, i had to tidy everything away and clean up in the time it took them to get up the stairs. I don't think i have ever moved so fast.

I am a bit worried now if they saw anything as they had a look around the flat and i realised to late some of my jeans were on top of my other clothes and my heels were not hidden well.

I personally wouldn't worry too much about it! How did the visit go? If there were no comments made they may not of notice anything! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I can relate to the rapid clean-up.... been there!

At the end of the day.. they take away what they want to... to me, if they intrude on your privacy they have to accept responsilbility for what happens... not you. I am coming from a parent of now grown up kids (20s). Whenever I had to go into one of their rooms I had to accept that I was in someone else's world... not mine. So I might see things that challenge my thinking... but it is not my place to judge... or even to accept observation.

Just hang in there and see what happens... DO NOT raise the issue... let them bury it.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I understand the fast clean up but even if they did see they might think they are someomes else's clothes
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I can relate Laura as I think we all can with the rapid cleanup

Keep this in mind. As we move through life we get to choose how we react to things, preconceived or not (and for the most part we just make up crap in our minds that is too remote to ever happen). You are in charge of how you feel. Let them make the first comment so you can react in a reasonable fashion (and not the dress, heels kind <heehee>). Building up anxiety to a situation that may not happen is not healthy in any way.

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't sweat it - people are remarkably unobservant...particularly men. If you did happen to leave any incriminating evidence about most men would presume that it belonged to a gf.

Wow, brings back memories and recent ones too. I remember one time being dressed and enjoying my new halter top when I walked out front and saw a car pull up and voila, parents. What a mad rush but as Kim says men are so blind, thats why we can never find anything in the cupboard or fridge because it usually is right in front of us when we look. Play it cool.

I'm married, so when friends/family come over it's usually not a huge deal if something might be laying about... Except for...

Shoes.

Had a couple friends come over, and one of my black maryjane pumps was laying in sight of one of them. My wife doesn't have my frankenstein sized feet - so they were obviously not hers... I'm just hoping not too obvious to a dopey drab guy. lol.. I *think* I knocked it aside in time, but I always wonder.

Simple solution.

If none are aware tell them you have a new lady friend and that it is a new relationship and you don't want to talk about it.

...maybe they thought you had a sleepover girlfriend who left some of her stuff behind. Funny though, when I first moved out my parents had a real hard time wrapping their narrow minds around the fact that I was living common-law with my now wife. ... Cding...probably not on their likes list.
    Chickie

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    It doesn't sound like you are very close to your dad or sister so why worry if they saw anything or not.