Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curious question

Curious question

How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?

We are just taking back our share of toys

Just enter the shoe shop. to the left is a Mens department ocuppying like what, 4 square feet and the rest is for women.................................fair, I don't think sooooooooooo

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouslooker View Post
    How is it a man can desire to dress like a lady but not be interested in being gay?
    Interestingly, CL, many of us have asked OURSELVES that very question! I did. When I began dressing 15 years ago at age 50+.

It took me nearly 3 years to feel SURE I wasn't! How did I figure it out? The same way MOST eventually do! I'm just NOT attracted to anything or anyone masculine!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 09-13-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I love all the choices, the colors, the styles, and mostly the way the soft fabrics feel against my skin. I have a very strong feminine side that does not at all transfer to my sexual orientation. I love the way a skirt feels against my legs, the feel of yoga pants...snug yet soft...the flared legs bouncing about, the feel of soft satin panties sliding under my pants, the way a bra holds my chest, the way a nightie sways when I walk, the look of pretty painted toenails instead of plain yellowing nails. I love all that is feminine, but most of all, I love women! I guess I am just a lesbian trapped in a man's body!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

How is it a man can desire to dress like a man and be interested in men? The clothes do not make the man... or the woman.
    I love, adore, admire, respect, cherish and lust after women. Maybe so much that I want to feel like and look like what it is I so appreciate. Most women are attracted to men. But that is one thing about being a woman I will pass on. The line is drawn on who I am sexually attracted to ONLY women. Not interested in being gay at all.

I a bi but most crossdressers are straight. Also most pro drag shows there are straight too.

I think it is more rejecting the mssculine role. I associate with women and most things feminine.

Hmmm . . do I sense a troll hereabouts?
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    Perhaps, but the discussion might be valuable nonetheless.

Gender has little to do with sexuality. I treasure women and things feminine in both my male and female modes.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    two words: lipstick lesbian

okay a couple more words.. generally ppl regard the female body as beautiful and the male body as ugly and lumpy.
    in fact I recall a female teacher in HS saying essentially this very thing about her own opinions on the male body

So who wants to be ugly and lumpy? As a male teenage student it was definitely an offensive thing to hear, but I was too young and immature to find the words to express my feelings
    Last edited by silhouette; 09-13-2011 at 08:52 PM.
    flicker on a TV screen... everything's more than it seems
    the mighty backward fall, stare at the lights on the wall
    and I swear to this - she felt like velvet

Most of us love feminine things including women and feel confined by the rules of masculinity. I have no desire to be intimate with a man. A few may, everyone is different. The vast majority of crossdressers are heterosexual.
    Plus men's clothes are sooo boring.
    https://www.facebook.com/josee.k.moore
    On my way to being whole.
    Jessica Katherine Moore

That's the question that tormented me for decades growing up. The answer I came up with was... "Ya just can be that way". Crossdressing and sexual orientation are two completely separate things...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Here is an idea, possible troll.

Give it a try. There is nothing in the male wardrobe that feels like the clothing choices women get. NOT ONE.

Also, if you look at history, most of the clothing that are considered "feminine" were at one time worn exclusively by MEN. That's right. High heeled shoes, born out of combat, hosiery, born out of Roman soldiers needing leg coverings on cold days. Skirts were worn by men long before pants.

But that is besides the point. "feminine" clothing just feels nice to wear.

I know I am not gay because I have given it a try.

I am having qualms with the possibility a really gorgeous TS might have a liking to me. (she is MtoF).

I like women, and love their style choices and think it is absolute bogus BS that just because I was born male, that I cannot look beautiful or exotic in my own way by use of clothing and makeup.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Platinum Member
    Hi CL, You are trying to compair Apples & Oranges it just don't work.

Orchid

AC/DC, it's how your wired. Most of us here run on regular current but love the occasional jolt!

I love women, I love the way they look....sometimes I want to be one. Penelope Cruz is so pretty and sexy to me, that I find myself studying pictures of her too much. I love all things feminine, I just do. It's that simple. I could elaborate more on the topic, but I won't.

I have no physical interest in men. If I did, I'd be thinking of manly hands and buff torsos, but I dont. Truth is, even my gay friends who know about me don't even get me. There's a saying amongst gay men, and it goes like this: A hard man is good to find. ......that's not me.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am a crossdresser and I freely admit that!! I am also a heterosexual man, and have absolutely no desire to have a "gay' relationship. In over 70 years of being a CD, I have never wanted that kind of relationship and still don't! And I do think that a great many other crossdressers will say pretty much the same thing!! As others have said CD'ing and sexual orientation are 2 entirely different things!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    If you are repelled or queasy about the masculine in yourself, you might well not be interested in the masculine in others.

Because I was born that way! I'm not going to screw it up 'cause that's who I am! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I like stuff that is soft and pretty. Not a lot of that in the guy world. . .

If your not sure, try it yourself. Now what you try is up to you. Me? Well i am one of the ones that are bi-curious. But I also find that I am more turned off by a hairy out of shape man more than anything. I also find some people just plain cute.
    I am an equal opportunist when it comes to liking people in any shape, color or creed.
    [SIZE=3]Al[/SIZE][SIZE=3]ways on the move, looking for friends and having fun where ever we go.
    Life is an adventure! Use your mind to think for yourselves and enjoy it. [/SIZE]

A few fun pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/66570083@N05/

i like looking pretty...like a woman....and i think that is what most guys are...like the material...now i am bi...but cross dressing and bi are two entirely different things...i have found a freind that is bi now and cross dresses...and i must say its been very fun

wade

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    I like women, and love their style choices and think it is absolute bogus BS that just because I was born male, that I cannot look beautiful or exotic in my own way by use of clothing and makeup.
    Now THIS is an honest answer.

Nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle.M View Post
    A troll?

Only if it is a crossdressing troll.

It was only a question of curiousty. I don't get how I can (me not you or any other person) look at a women and want to "get in her pants" both sexually and physically. Guess its a desire to be more like that whichwe desire.

There. I killed the troll.

One really has nothing to do with the other my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning