Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing the urge - hopefully not permanently

I think you enjoyed it so much in the past because you had a strong drive to do it in the past. Without the drive, you may think it is unlikely to be enjoyable. But the drive is certain to return.
    Perhaps you could do this: if the drive isn't there, dress anyway, as you did when the drive was there. Maybe that will kick-start the drive again. Not sure, just an idea.

Aspiring Member
    If you have teenage children, it is common for intimate relations with the SO slow way down since the children are more mobile you might say. This same atmosphere can directly effect dressing as well.

As you age as well it can be very stressful as your life expectations become more real. All of this is very stressful putting a lot of extra curricular activities on hold.

Oddly enough the worst day and the best day of your child raising years is when your children leave home.

This may not apply at all but if it helps then great.

Kitty

i go through it sometimes. i get home from work and don't feel very energetic or i get wrapped up in things over the weekends. it seems sometimes i just seem to keep putting it off. sometimes i don't dress for a week or two, or just a couple of hours on the weekend. and yeah like you, i look at my clothes and just can't decide what to wear. i have to make an effort to get dressed, keep up with shaving, taking care of my feet, using something on my face, but you know something? when i've overcome it all, i feel much better. i begin to realize that the more i dress, the better i feel, even though i don't feel like doing it to begin with. if i had your face i would probably dress all the time.
    just saying
    man, i feel like a woman

Bluegrass Diva Savannah Daniels's Avatar
    I've been through the same thing. Mercifully, it passes. Let's face it, Girls, to do what we do is a lot of work. The collecting of clothes, shoes, make-up, wigs, etc. Having the time and drive to prep and primp, not to mention the money. OMG! The thing is, it's different things to different people and the degree to which we pursue this.
    I must admit, getting on the site has re-energized me!!!
    Bottom line, when it becomes "work," step back for a while, enjoy it through others. See if it helps.

I have constant ebb and flow with my dressing desire and have come to accept it.
    I cant say any one thing triggers it, often If I dress too much the desire will leave for awhile.
    The desire has always comes back for me.

You got me thinking about another topic think Ill start a thread

hey dont forget that even genetic women need a relax day now an then they dont alway look so hot an feminin. they like to be comfertable where tennisshoes and baggy pants an go braless and let there hair down and wear an oversized t shirt or sweats. heck men have pms too just not a need for the napkins and such , give it a week sometimes two i bet youl change your mind about all of it again especetialy when something you like that goes on sale in an ad and you just have to have it

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    Actually it's quite the opposite, I'm the happiest I've ever been! Do you think maybe CDing was just a way for me to cope with depression?
    I don't think anyone can answer this. No one can even say why some men CD while others don't. My SO went through a period of about a year when he just didn't feel like it either. He didn't stress about it. And during the normal course of a year, sometimes the desires to dress will be frequent, and other times they won't be so intense so he'll only dress a few times per month.

Just go with the flow, and don't question it too much!
    Reine

You're not alone Violet
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    As others have said, both..there are many reasons and just enjoy life as it is been 6 months for me since any lipstick or hosiery has touched my body..at times I stare at it all and 'try' to feel it all..but no..its not there..for now.

Reasons? there are many, even I am going thru trying to point out the reason...can't really find one, except the reasons that I want to use to explain but they are not the real reasons..just excuses

Enjoy all that you desire..and maybe in time (as all will say), you will have that desire again..but you better hurry, halloween is coming up so that is the best excuse for wearing that cinderalla dress..

Take care,
    Marissa
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I had this same problem off and on for 46 years. Some resulted in purging. These spells could last from a month to years but when it returned it was with a greater intensity and need to dress. Last year I finially got my wife to agree to letting me dress when ever I felt the need altho, the only way I could leave the house was to see my therapist. I was allowed to shop for clothes, hang my stuff in the closet, keep my cosmetics in the bathroom, wash my clothes and tend to my wigs. At last I just about had it all when this past June I completely lost the urge. It's all really frustrating.

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Like folk say, it comes and goes. Personnally I am wondering if the urgent urge is passing me by for ever. There is that age thing you understand. But then the weather has been lousy. For the present, I dress and get out sometimes, maybe once in two months. I just cannot be bothered just dressing indoors when I get the chance.
    Meantime I live in hope, keep my body trim, look after my nails and etc. I also hope that when I need to dress that my outfits are not tooooo ancient in style.

~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

Totally normal. I can go a couple of months at a time without the urge to dress but then BAM, the pink fog pours in with the intensity of ten thousand suns. Just go with what you feel at the time and rest assured, it will be back.