Thread: Why Gay Men Dress

Aspiring Member

Why Gay Men Dress

A friend of ours had a party with his gay partner in life. He gave us a tour of their lovely home. For decoration, he had a beautiful dress laid perfectly across the bed. I am not sure if this true for most gay couples, but he dresses for his partner, not for himself.

For us, we dress for ourselves for the most part.

Anybody else know if this is common thought among gay men who dress?

Interesting anyway I thought.

Kitty

A few years back I chatted with a gay closeted CD who was afraid to come out of the closet for fear he would loose his SO... Same as a hetero crossdresser. My son is gay and I know that most gay guys like guys that look like guys not guys that look like women!

Basically crossdressing and sexual preference are two very different and unassociated things.
    Last edited by Karren H; 09-14-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I go to this club (last saturday night in fact), and the gay guy's all hang together, we tg's all hang together, and the lesbians as well. ALTHOUGH, lol I break the mold because I hung out with the lesbians and danced with them. We had a lovely time!

Oh, geez I veered right off the subject. I don't believe usually that gay men dress as women...period
    Last edited by kristinacd55; 09-14-2011 at 02:30 PM.

ya gotta agree with Karren - two different things.

Be careful though, may of the threads I started today were booted for noncompliance to a form by an Admin. Yet their are many totally related ones that pasted and are still in being replied to. A little bur in my bonnet today. Even here there is a special sized box we all need to fit in. Also, there is no way to retract a post so if you post something in error expect to be publicly flogged and humiliated. As a caveat; HERE I JEST!

Silver Member
    Maybe his partner was bi? Maybe his partner had a fetish for women's clothing? (I don't know how common a fetish for women's clothing is among gay men though. I always believed it was something 99% exclusive to hetero or bi men.)

Aspiring Member
    A good point. The dressing was for his partner's eyes only but he loved the way the dress looked on the bed. They always wore regular clothes everyday.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    A few years back I chatted with a gay closeted CD who was afraid to come out of the closet for fear he would loose his SO... Same as a hetero crossdresser. My son is gay and I know that most gay guys like guys that look like guys not guys that look like women!

Basically crossdressing and sexual preference are two very different and unassociated things.

I have to agree with Karren!! My brother that was gay said that very few gays 'dressed' because they weren't interested in woman!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

How should I know? I don't know why straight crossdressers like me dress.

I don't think I'm completely gay but I have only done "gay things" as a CD with another CD. I don't have an attraction for a man as a man.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    I don't know why straight crossdressers like me dress.
    I'd bet that's what they would say too! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy.Sexton View Post
    I don't think I'm completely gay but I have only done "gay things" as a CD with another CD. I don't have an attraction for a man as a man.

Make sense?
    It does. Gay men can fall in love with other men. Keep in mind when you say you have done Gay things, you are suggesting gay men are only in it for the sex which is not true. They have love interest like everyone else the difference is they can love a man which you can not. Bisexual is a man who enjoys sex with another man but his love interest still stays with women.

Hope this helps.

Kitty

Hrm, then I suppose I am a bisexual CD. I've fallen for a few women, but I could see myself settling into a female role in a long term relationship with a man who's interested in women. Perhaps that makes me a bi lesbian in actual fact!

I have known only one gay man that was also a CD. There are more than a few CDs who admit to being bi, however.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    And they are not mutually exclusive. Nor inclusive. Just different, as Karren said.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    And they are not mutually exclusive. Nor inclusive. Just different, as Karren said.
    I am coming to the conclusion, not a lot of men understand love and that is why they roll sex into the equation in place of love.

Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    I go to this club (last saturday night in fact), and the gay guy's all hang together, we tg's all hang together, and the lesbians as well. ALTHOUGH, lol I break the mold because I hung out with the lesbians and danced with them. We had a lovely time!

Oh, geez I veered right off the subject. I don't believe usually that gay men dress as women...period
    Hi Kristina, I was there too! We met.
    You are right about gay guys amongst themselves and tg's amongst themselves, but there were definitely some tg's there that were bi & gay as well.

I am Gay and Why do I dress?...I first dress for myself because I feel more in tune with my emotions when I am en femme, the clothes or the feel of fabrics have no a particular meaning to me. Another thing that I discover is that some guys are attracted to the gender and sexual duality that sometimes I project, I really don't care how they define themselves Gay Bi or if they prefer it straight..So in that sense you can said I dress for a second party...

My guess is that his male partner is bisexual (or maybe just a fetish thing) and the man dressing just doesn't think it is a big deal to do for fun. Or, maybe it is not sexual at all and he just likes fashion.

I think that more men would crossdress just for fun if there was no social stigma. When you are gay, there is no reason to worry about social norms, and no real reason not do do whatever you feel like. If there were absolutely no social stigma, I think that a lot of women would enjoy having their male partner dress just for fun.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Hi ladies -- check out this thread about gay male crossdressers: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...dressers-doing

Yes, we exist!
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

Quite a lot of us out there, though we are still a small minority of CDs. I love to dress femme but love guys whether I am dressed or not (and whether they are dressed or not).

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    To me, it's just an indication of the diversity inherent in sexuality. Who knows why? It is what it is and it becomes what you make of it.

Gay, straight, bi, all these are currents of sexuality, the traction factor to a partner. All sexuality is extravert, something to seek from. On the other hand gender is the core feeling of one self as to expression of sensual character, introverted and centered feeling. Being gay and cross dresser at the same time is as normal then not being cross dresser.

The only stipulation worth a thought would be:

If a transgender male to female transitions and after completion becomes interested in males, which by previous gender would had been homosexual, but now should be hetero?

As a gay crossdresser in a long term relationship, I've noticed a lot of similarities to the trials and tribulations that you straight crossdressers face... the stress of coming out to our spouses being chief among them.

As you've probably seen on this forum, there are straight crossdressers whose wives support their dressing. It may be rare, but it happens. I suspect the same is true with gay male couples. My partner is interested in men (just like your wife probably is), so the fact that I crossdress isn't easy to deal with.

I loved the notes from Karen, Barbara, Maya and Beth. You girls rock!

xoxo

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    In recent years, I've gotten more into men, but not on a whole. My feminine side has inreased immensely in the last 5 years, and my sexuality has broadened too. But, I dont consider myself bi or gay. Its more about my feminine side wanting the intimacy and i've found gorgous men fullfill my needs more. I was with a man for the last 4 months and we had some beautiful times, but travel time and our work schedule put a strain on our relationship. I miss him deeply, but i'm still looking for another cute man too come along. I dont mind being with another CD too, which i've done a few times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.