Thread: Injuries and CD'ing

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar

Injuries and CD'ing

Ever had an injury that prevented CD'ing?

I recently seperated my shoulder which hurt a bunch, and will have my arm bound to my body via sling for several weeks. I didn't anticipate how difficult that would make things. I am typing this out with 1 hand and it's slow going. I had to move the phone at work to the other side of my desk. Reporting in with brief case and coffee is a delicate ballet of balance.

Worst of all, CD'ing is categorically impossible. If a female were to pop a shoulder, how would she get a bra on? It's painful to think about trying that motion. One handed make-up application is pretty tough to get right. Plus the weight of my forms would make the joint throb.

I guess until I heal I'll have to abstain from dressing. Not that I want to, but it's for the best I think. So tell our coach I'll be sidelined for a few weeks, but plan on coming back asap.

Any sisters had similar experiences?

How did you distract yourself during that time?

Sorry to hear about your injury, Krista! Hope you mend soon!

You're right though, the question is WWGGD? (What would a GG [or a TS, etc.] do?).

Hugs,
    Persephone
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I broke a rib (before I CD'd). That would MOST-DEFINITELY end all wearing of form-fitting tops, and a bra depending on which rib. Just getting out of a your car that first couple days takes a huge effort, and intense pain. But after about 1-2 weeks things get more toward normal.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    Feb 2009 the roof of my home was destroyed in a Torndao...in the aftermath and cleanup I tore the PCL Ligament in my left knee which left me on crutches for 6-weeks and even after almost three years I still have difficulty with this injury...Doc's say I am not a surgery candidate and this may never be 100% again.

This efficently took away my ability to ambulate meant I couldn't wear my much loved High Heels and I feared meant I would never be able to dress and present as a Female again.

I fell into a deep depression which lasted for nearly two years..gained almost 100 pounds of weight and my life became an endless cycle of waking at 6 a.m. eating, turning on the TV until Lunch time...more TV Dinner....More TV and late night snacks before going to bed well after midnight...only to begin the cycle again and again.

One morning I awoke and after struggling just to start my day..I decided I had had enough and began looking inside myself to see what I could do to turn this around...?

I had an unexpected oppurtunity to dress that day..which I did....for the first time in nearly two years.

I got myself out of the house enfemme and then the following morning I got on the phone found a Therapist and started a new chapter in my life.

No, I don't wear high heels much anymore but I do have several pair of cute flats....I have lost more than fifty pounds...recently started HRT and most importantly I feel good about myself again.....

Don't let your injury put you down...even if you can't dress all the way...if this is something you want to continue to pursue find a way to participate even if it is at a reduced level.......
    Last edited by Wendy_Marie; 09-16-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

My wife has a knee replacement on one side a broken shoulder on the other side. She has pain Herr and there but she has learned how to dress. She works everyday. You lean to do things different you adjust.

Try getting back into a bra after bypass surgery, that was a long wait, but at least pantie hose where almost as good as compression socks. Hope you get well soon, and I bet you have at least one skirt with an elastic waist ban that you could at least slip into that much in the evening.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

FIND A WAY! Three years ago I lost a leg! [above the knee] I did not give up! Walking in heels is a bit tricky, but I'm back up to a 2'' heel and working on higher! Doctor says I can't wear heels but she doesn't know who she is dealing with! I have the will and I WILL find the way! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I broke my leg(femur bone) along with several other injuries in an accident just over 5 years ago. I strugled to move for several weeks and was on crutches for nearly 4 months. So there was no chances for me to dress at all. But as soon as i could walk again out came Katie's clothes! Sometimes things have to stop you dressing for a while, but ways can always be found to carry on again.
    Get well soon.
    Katie

sounds like you need a purple sling!

I ripped the AC joint in my shoulder as the result of a surfing injury. I couldn't dress for three months right in the middle of Lisa season. I was very unhappy, but after the operation, I dressed as soon as I was able. You will get through this, good luck!!
    Last edited by S. Lisa Smith; 09-16-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Nope.... Like any other sport I make sure I always stretch and limber up before I do anything and exercise daily to prevent hobby interfeering injurys!! lol And If I got hurt doing anything it would impact my bonus at work... "Be safe at work and at home" it's in my goals!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    FIND A WAY! Three years ago I lost a leg! [above the knee] I did not give up! Walking in heels is a bit tricky, but I'm back up to a 2'' heel and working on higher! Doctor says I can't wear heels but she doesn't know who she is dealing with! I have the will and I WILL find the way! Hugs!
    That is the reason I keep my heels out of site from my wife. My wife had her Left leg amputated BK 6 years ago due to a head on collision with a drunk driver

She also lost the ACL in that knee, so heels are out of the question.

She gets very fustrated anytime she sees heels in our house, whether they are mine or the daughters.

BACK to the topic, because of a back injury I have, I actually get around better, and have less pain when I AM wearing high heels...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Marie View Post
    Feb 2009 the roof of my home was destroyed in a Torndao...in the aftermath and cleanup I tore the PCL Ligament in my left knee which left me on crutches for 6-weeks and even after almost three years I still have difficulty with this injury...Doc's say I am not a surgery candidate and this may never be 100% again.
    I had the same thing happen to me in one of my worst bicycle wrecks to date. I was going down the trail at speed, minding my own business, and ran into a "man trap". Which is a big hole in the ground, that's hidden, if you've never seen one. I cartwheeled down the trail about 20 feet and got my left leg wedged under my own weight at one point. I can still wear heels, but I wore flats for the time that I took to recover.

+1 for what Karren said. Exercising and stretching can make even a somewhat bad injury like that be something you can live with. I have a bit of weakness in that knee, but nothing that stops me from running 5 miles a day.
    "I am the beginning and the end. I bring order into chaos. "
    "I never tell the truth, because I do not believe such a thing exists. Truth, is in the eye of the beholder."
    "Since my customary farewell would appear oddly self serving, I shall simply say, good luck."
    "We give no crap, and we take very little."

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    3 years ago my right shoulder was replaced with an artificial one!! My right arm was in a sling for about 2 months while I took physical training. But that did not stop my CD'ing!! I found ways to get around problems, like putting a bra on!! Sure it was hard, but we girls are tough and resourceful!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

When I broke 4 ribs in a motorcycle accedent. if stopped me from wearing any kind of teddy, body suit, for about 2 months. drove me crazy because just before the accedent I have bought a new teddy and hadn't worn it yet.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I had a knee replacement and heels are pretty much out of the question; not because of the knee that was replaced but because of the knee that has not yet been replaced. While the recuperation from a knee replacement is lengthy, it was nothing compared to my shoulder replacement. The shoulder required that my left arm be immobilized for nearly two months. Then began physical therapy to regain mobility and strength in that shoulder; two, sometimes three times a week and the sessions had tears running down my cheeks. Both the surgeon and the PT department told me up front that I would be lucky if I regained much more mobility than what I had before the surgery and I’d never regain most of my strength in that shoulder, but the pain would for the most part be gone. Two years later I have a good 80+% of the mobility back and a fair amount of the strength.

Walking through metal detectors can be an ordeal, pockets emptied, belt off, shoes off, watch off, and I still sometimes set the thing off. I thought I was going to have to strip down to my shorts when I went to the courthouse with my Daughter for her divorce hearing; finally a sergeant told the deputy that based on my scars it was safe to assume I did in fact have a prosthetic knee and shoulder, I was sure glad he came along when he did – as a tax payer I was beginning to have fears that the deputy was going to wear out the handheld wand and I understand those thing are expensive.
    Babs

Banned Read only
    I have neck spur in between my C4 and C5. A few months ago, it became so inflamed. The pain was the worst physical pain I have ever known. I couldn't sleep, I would be up all night walking the halls holding my shoulder trying to find a postion to hold it where it didn't hurt.Pain medicines and yes a sling. Tara had to be put on hold for about 2 months. Yes most activities were very difficult. Just getting in bed was hard, or getting up, going to bathroom, puttung on pants shoes, shirt all was a very daunting task. So that put becoming Tara on hold for a good while.

Lets see....Broken left ankle and crushed foot. I dressed while wearing a plaster cast on my foot and ankle. (no nylons or pantyhose though).
    Torn right rotator cuff. Dressed as soon as I was able (About six weeks). Had surgery on that one.
    Torn left rotator cuff. Dressed in about four weeks. Always painful and uncomfortable to put on certain items. No surgery.
    Two hernias, dressed after two to three weeks.
    Bunion surgery. Dressed right away - once again no pantyhose.
    Breast cancer surgery, couldn't wear a bra but that didn't stop me from CDing.
    Lastly, knee replacement surgery back in March. Have an extremely hard time putting socks, pantyhose or tights on. I still have considerable discomfort and just love wearing my tights.
    Injuries only stopped me temporarily from dressing. You can do it if you try. But remember your activities will be curtailed for awhile. Its almost impossible to walk like a woman with almost any type of foot or leg injury so be careful if you plan on going out.
    Damn! Looking at my list- I sure am a klutz!

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I had two lumbar disks operated on before I CD'd ( work related accident ). It would of stopped me completely, for 9 months I was only allowed to walk twice a day for 10 minutes. It was really painful. I still have to be careful.

I am paralyzed in the left arm, have been sine 1976, and I do just fine. I can even tie a shoe with one hand. One is only limited by what one's mind believes one cannot do. I believe I can do anything, although I cannot touch my nose with my tongue no matter how hard I try and without stretching my tongue.

Two weeks ago I fell and now have large areas on both legs that are not healed yet. Think road rash. My skirts and dresses won't cover the areas since they are below the knees and I think they look just 'awful'. Panty hose won't cover these areas well either. I only have one pair of ladies jeans. I've mostly stayed inside and treat those areas with Nivea (jojoba and vitamin E). Weather is getting nice here in the Panhandle of Florida, so I'm ready to heal up and get outside again.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillieJoEllen View Post
    Lets see....Broken left ankle and crushed foot. I dressed while wearing a plaster cast on my foot and ankle. (no nylons or pantyhose though).
    Torn right rotator cuff. Dressed as soon as I was able (About six weeks). Had surgery on that one.
    Torn left rotator cuff. Dressed in about four weeks. Always painful and uncomfortable to put on certain items. No surgery.
    Two hernias, dressed after two to three weeks.
    Bunion surgery. Dressed right away - once again no pantyhose.
    Breast cancer surgery, couldn't wear a bra but that didn't stop me from CDing.
    Lastly, knee replacement surgery back in March. Have an extremely hard time putting socks, pantyhose or tights on. I still have considerable discomfort and just love wearing my tights.
    Injuries only stopped me temporarily from dressing. You can do it if you try. But remember your activities will be curtailed for awhile. Its almost impossible to walk like a woman with almost any type of foot or leg injury so be careful if you plan on going out.
    Damn! Looking at my list- I sure am a klutz!
    It sounds like you've been sky-diving without a shute.

Orchid