Thread: 6 Months without dressing...

6 Months without dressing...

Hey everyone!!!

Due to many random circumstances I have not cross dressed for 6 months and strangely enough I didn't miss it. I say strangely because I used to love becoming Ash, but in the past six months not at all. BUT the past few days I have had a lingering feeling that Ash wants to come out and play...

I embrace this but as it is at the moment their is no opportunity for me to cross dress, and my bigger question, why after six months do I suddenly have this urge again!?

What is the longest you haven't dressed? Why? And what made you start again?

Missed talking to all of you, nice to be back in the loop again!!

For me it's been the last 3 years that I haven't dressed and I was only able to dress again this week because I actually had a few hours each day of uninterrupted alone time.

...and I must say, it was so incredibly relaxing and self-centering (even after spending 3 hours in my 4in heels LOL). I do feel less tension and anxiety overall and am looking forward to being able to do this more regularly, time permitting. I'm not sure if I can say I 'need' it, but I do know that it is something that I so deeply enjoy and something that emotionally helps make me 'okay with the world at the time'.

jenn

Some years ago my SO stopped dressing for about a year. He just didn't feel like it. He can't explain why, or why he started up again. He also told me he never gets the urge to dress when he travels. He tends to dress less when he is busy, and more when he is not. I also have noticed some seasonal fluctuations, such as when spring and fall catalogs are coming out.
    Reine

just a georgia girl jenifer wilde's Avatar
    I haven't dressed in a few years and it kills me inside
    xoxox kisses

jenifer wilde the southern princess bitch!!!!

i started crossdressing fully just a couple of years ago. before that all that i wore was some panties or bra from time to time. I remember that for 3 years at university i didn't have the urge to did it. I thought i was cured. But then, all of a sudden, it all began again. There was no reason. Nothing changed before that in my life, so there was no reason for the urge to come.
    Nowadays i also find that i have a seasonal pattern. In summer i have less need to dress. I do it but less times than in winter. Maybe it is just because my male side is busier. But now summer is over. Time to dress again

maybe a week or 10 days.

did not feel right felt i needed to change to keep my sanity

For me it was abt 2-3 yrs. I don't know why I stopped I just did, it was not important at that period of time. Then all of a sudden I started again, it was like I'd not stopped. Not stopped since.

It was about 5 or 6 years then WHAM! the urge came back with a vengeance. Since then, maybe a week or two without and it kills me!

Emotional and spiritual feelings and cycles can play a huge part in this.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

First let me say that the thread upto this point seems to be one category of crossdressers. A cat that uses dressing for self expression and not as a vehicle for male sexual release. I maybe wrong these are just my thoughts as I associate with you (for the most part).

I've spanned I think 5 years without dressing, and strangely enough as I write this can not remember if I worn dude-mode ginch or not (heading towards guys underwear as there as a pretty big mental thing going on at the time).

I as well experience a flood of emotions beyond anything I ever experienced on returning to 'transgender' expression that included crossdressing, but then only considered getting dressed. My Ex also noticed this flood and I think it scared her a little but she was always supportive.

Even today, I am not able to dress as I would like and think maybe it is causing some mental anguish and confusion. I do know it was times like these in the past that I used alcohol to numb my feelings. To focus on the inner 'why' is hard work but has its rewards.

Welcome back Ash
    v.

The longest I remember was around 6 years, I was working long hours, involved courting my wife, and living with my parents, then a new marriage. I was busy, and didn't even think about it, I found the right woman, and I was cured. Five years after we where married, it started to come back, the need, the pressure, the depression, and repressed anger, I wasn't cured after all, so I sat my wife down and told her all about my dressing, That was a scary day. She listened, gave me a kiss, and we went shopping for me, dresses, underwear, shoes and a wig, what a day, I will never forget it, and I fell in love with my wife all over again. I've never purged, or given up dressing for more than a month or two since, and that was 35 years ago.Tinaa B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Banned Read only
    The longest, several days: what started me again, opening the drawer and looking at my lingerie.

My first rule as a crossdresser is that I can't dress up if I don't get rid of my entire body hair first. Girls have to be smooth and totally hairless. Having it waxed by a professionnal is costy (~$120) and painful, so I always wait a couple months between two dressing-up sessions. And I don't really miss it much.
    When I feel that my body is starting to get hairy, I get this fixed. So I say to myself "Hey, this was expansive, let's make the most of it and bring Amandyne out now !".

But I'm not sure I could possibly wait for 6 months. The reason is simple : hair would grow way too much in such a long period that it would be terribly painful to get it waxed.

I'd like to curse genetics for making me hairy while life made me love wearing skirts and showing a cleavage.

Banned Read only
    Since I retired I've had a lot of personal time. Most weeks I have up to five days to dress for seven hours. I really hate having to undress and put things away, but, it's tolerable. The longest I HAVE to refrain is ten weeks, when my wife is off for the summer. Unless she goes on an overnight trip during the summer, there is a drought. I can get by because I know school will start up again. This past summer I did not get antsy about not being able to dress. I didn't even order feminine garments.

But, now it is school time, except teachers are striking. However, my wife is on a four day trip 2,000 miles away. Since yesterday, the juices have been rekindled. I even unwrapped a new pair of stockings and dressed in a black and white print dress with matching heels. And, I have on all the proper undergarments. Plus, I borrowed a double string of pearls. And, I did full makeup which I have NOT done forever. I'm feeling really sexy tonight. So much so that I may take the drive I've been thinking about. I may take an evening stroll and return some library books to the night return slot. I'm going to go bed tonight in a floor length red Vanity Fair gown with matching bra and panties and jet black thigh highs.

Unless I can go all the way with the exception of the full makeup, I do not feel it's worth the effort. But, sometimes it's worth the wait. If I ever thought I'd have to abandon being en femme at least some of the time, I'd ?????

And, you got the urge because it is who you are!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Early in my marriage, after the children were born, I went for a 5 year period without dressing at all! I did it because I thought it would be best for the family. But after 5 years my dear wife, who is now deceased, told me that she missed Stephanie in her life and that she wanted Stephanie to come back into our lives! So Stephanie did!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    During the last year I only got a chance to dress twice, and then only partially when traveling. That's just how life works. It wasn't that I didn't want to, just that the life situation didn't make it possible During the hiatus I worked on my eyebrows, kept my voice active, read a lot, bought the new makeup I'd need, and kept active here. Last week life changed again and I was able to have Tina make her entrance for 4 days (except for time at work).

On the other side of it, there have been times when I'm just too tired from work, or when my wife just wanted her man around. Those were easier times for me as I really wasn't driven to transform. Tina is a high-maintenance girl, and time with her is pretty intense so I'm not driven to transform to my femme self unless my energy level is high (no wonder Tina-time is incredibly terrific!). However, those times don't last more than a week, and when I get my act together the drive to transform is strong!

The longest I went was when I was the year I was in the army in Vietnam. That was the longest year I ever had with to many other things on my mind, LOL

The longest time I ever went without dressing was about a year and then I found myself having dreams about it. I am way more relaxed in women's clothes and like others have said it just feels right. I always want to be Leslie but finding the time and privacy is usually my hang up. I need to shave my entire body before I do and then shower or bathe while I moisturize all over. It takes forever to get to what I want but it's worth it.