Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Had A Manicure Lately?

Anyone Had A Manicure Lately?

Heading to the salon next week for a manicure and a pedicure. Anyone else do this? It's such fun and the result is fantastic!

[SIZE="3"]That's something I've never done.....must try it sometime, sounds relaxing!!

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I get a manicure everytime I get my hair cut. And a pedi every other month. I do love'em especially the massages and the warm parafin.

Huggs, Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I am about to head out for a pedi, I need my brows waxed also and I am sue i will get asked if I want to. This time though I have not shaved my legs, I hope it goes well just the same.

I have always thought a manicure would be fun but the thought of a pedi really thrills me, I would love to have my toenails painted so that I can see them in my open toed shoes Jaymee

Just got back for the nail salon, mani - pedi, light transparent pink finish and lovely conversations with the other lady customers. One lady got the gel treatment on her nails and it took a long time. The pedicurist even complimented me on my feet for the second time. That was nice.

When applying acrylics there is a manicure done before so I guess I do get manicures just didn't think of them in quite that way until now. I have some rather poor looking feet and have yet to get a pedi.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Just got back from a mani & pedi about 2 hours ago. I like to go every month or so. I'd go more often but it does get expensive.
    ColleenW

Got a mani and pedi late in August. Pink gel and it looks good. Just got my credit card statement for last month, I didn't realize that it would be $85 with the tip. Oh well, I guess it was worth it.....

It is something I do every 2-3 weeks. Always look forward to the time there and the acceptance I receive.

Just had my nails done, acrylic fills, a couple of hours ago. I have a standing appointment every two weeks. I've been friends with my manicurist for years and have been having my nails done by her for about the past 15 years. It is very relaxing to put the day on hold and just chat with her and the other staff and clients in the shop as my nails get done.

After that appointment it was over to the other salon for my monthly eyebrow waxing. My aesthetician was originally at the same salon as my manicurist but she moved and I still go to her. Again, lots of chatting with her as well as the other staff and clients.

This week was actually "triple witching week" as my hair appointment was this week as well.

I guess I'm high maintenance! But, like the old haircolor commercial, "I'm worth it!"

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Like Persephone, i have acrylicsand have a fill every two weeks. I typically do a pedi every other visit. I am getting both on Tuesday before heading to SCC

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Had a manicure just this morning!

Had a pedi with my wife.today. we botj enjoyed it so much
    W

I get a mani/pedi every two weeks and will get my eyebrows threaded tomorrow with my wife.

I get a manicure every two weeks and a pedicure once a month. Be sure to tip well. The girls doing the work are generally not highly paid. So, the tip is much appreciated. Also, a good tip will ensure you great service on future visits.

Jodi

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been getting a manicure and pedicure every two weeks for about 15 years!! My finger nails are always a pale pink and my toes are usually a very bright red!! I love having them done, and the two ladies who do them love to have me come into the salon. Many times I am dressed totally enfemme, but of course with no makeup and no wig!! Just a guy dressed like a lady!! The lady customers always talk to me just as though I am a lady!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I get a mani/pedi in drab every month after I attend a retirement group breakfast.
    Always get the same candy apple red metallic color on my toes. OPI "friar friar pants on fire" because my wife thinks I am doing it myself with polish I bought for her several years ago and she thinks no one else sees it.
    Sometimes I get a clear polish for fingernails. Most of the time I have a few hours before returning home, so I have the same color or another color applied to my finger nails. I just have to remove it before going home.
    I've used the same nail salon for a couple years and they all know me and what color I want. I have used another salon when I am short on time and i"m usually dressed when I visit them.

Silver Member
    No, but I'm getting a pedi on Monday with a 20 off coupon!! Any OPI polish suggestions???

Pedi, mani and waxing coming in two weeks! Makes me love my life! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I do my own. Would luv to go to a salon and get a mai/pedi. I would feel quilty because my wife does not get it done. I was thinking about getting her a gift certificate for one and then hoping she would ask me to join her.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Fills every 2 weeks pedi at 3 weeks/ french nails all. Love it Me time!

How wonderful to see others having so much fun at the salon. My gg and I go together and love to chat it up with everyone there. Of course I have to be the 'class clown' and get the mood right for everyone to burst into laughter so the beauticians can slap me for making everyone in the salon start twitching around when laughing. The complete trip to the salon really is a blast.

I go once a month, this time I tried a Nail Spa. The service was wonderful, two girls, one working on my feet and the other on my hands. The massage and parafin treatment was wonderful. I got a light pink on my toes and clear on my nails. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.....Stephanie

Once a month, mani and pedi, doing that for the last two years
    Manicure so far clear coat, but pedi have done in many colors, pink, burgundy, red and sometimes frenchpedicure.
    Luciana
    Attached Images Attached Images