Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run it by wife, or just do it?

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Run it by wife, or just do it?

I need some help on this one. My wife found out about my dressing this past spring. She is pretty good about it, but she is still a bit uncomfortable. She washes all my clothes, she knows I wear panties 24/7 (I especially like satin and cute patterns and colors), she is ok with me sleeping in nighties, and she doesn't seem to mind that I paint my toenails. I do not wear skirts or dresses in front if her.

Now for my question: I would really like to shave my legs, now that it is getting cooler and I will not be wearing shorts. She is very concerned that someone else may find out about my dressing, and I can understand that. Do I just go ahead and shave, or should I run it by her first. This is not to ask permission, just to make sure it does not upset her. I love my wife very much, and I have a lot of respect for her, which is why I would hesitate to just do it. I have been shaving the tops of my legs, where they are covered most of the time. I also shave my armpits beginning in the Fall. I really appreciate all the advise you all have offered in the past. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    If you do truly love her, then definitely ask her about the leg shaving first!! Since you will not be wearing shorts, nobody will see your legs anyway!! Unless you wear short skirts or dresses!! Remember, she married you as a man not as a lady!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I agree with sissystephanie. I'd run it by the wife first, just to be safe.
    Daphne

The FW side of DFW, TX, but New Orleans is my adopted home town
    Can't hurt to run it by her.

Hugs,
    Torrey
    Torrey

"Never laugh, and you will live to regret it.
    That's what living is to me..." - Jimmy Buffett

https://www.facebook.com/torrey.stephens

I ask my wife if she was okay with me shaving my chest, she agreed and I went ahead and shaved my legs t the same time... You describe your wife a supporting, I would definitely ask first, listen to her concerns.

I agree with the above posters. Ask first, and accept "no" for an answer.

Aspiring Member
    Yes. Ask first.

She is your partner in crime. If you have reservations about her reactions then you have to ask. Otherwise you could be cheating yourself out of acceptance later down the road.

Honesty will go a long way. Communicate.

Best wishes,
    -Donni-

It's your body, are you going to be resentful if she expresses displeasure with you shaving your legs or if you feel that you do not have her permission to shave your legs?
    Is she going to be resentful if you shave them?
    Its always nice when couples can come to an accord about such things but sometimes that just doesn't happen. I don't think you should "suck it up" for the sake of the relationship if you don't want to and I don't think she should suffer through an intolerable situation if she doesn't want to.
    what to do?

Definetly ask the wife. She may say no at first but if she has been supportive up until now I do not think she will stop being supportive. However, doing it first and asking forgiveness later would be a good way to make her feel left out.'

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This all comes back to the kind of relationship the two of you have. If your wife does not like surprises, it would seem a bit provocative to change something as "public" as shaving an area that could become public. Please understand that I see nothing at all wrong with shaving your legs, and there could be any number of reasons you might shave your legs, so explaining it away (if you feel you need to) is certainly possible. If you and your wife are not the kind of couple that shares constantly, then I'm not sure it makes a difference.

My only thought is that, in this case, it is again linked to your transgenderism, and that might be a festering point of "lack of communication". Eventually there will be that "straw that broke the camel's back", so I would broach the issue with her. It could be as easy as, "I was thinking of shaving my legs, but I wanted to get your thoughts about it". Of course, she might then ask you why, so be ready for any number of questions.

Banned Read only
    If she is so accepting, then ask her! Maybe she'll give you some pointers and help. Maybe she'll give you a bikini wax. But, always do not tempt the goddesses.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, this is what I run into. I don't want to ask permission for any of my CD'ing but I want to respect my wife. So shave them, and your underarms, and everywhere else, and the cat. Here kitty kitty kitty!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

if you want to shave your legs, then do it....shaving your legs is no big deal..a lot of men already do it...she probably won't even say anthing anyway...the lady that i have been seeing for 6 months has said nothing about my legs, and she has no idea about my cross dressing....

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    An answer and a question; Yes and Why?

Yes is your answer. You should most certainly run it by your wife. Chances are your wife is like mine - gingerly waiting for the next thing to change. The next body modification. The next thing to potentially drive a wedge between your relationship and your trust.

The why question is this; Why in the heck is she washing your things? Do you not know how to run the washer? I would be thinking, "Wow, he wants to be more feminine, and yet he still wants to be the 'man' in the relationship, leaving me with the washing."

That's my two cents, anyway. Don't spend it all in one place.

Kathi

shaving is not exclusive to CD. Since i started shaving my legs 7 years ago I started to notice how many men had shaved legs. If they're all CD, WOW! that would make us close to 40%. But you know that isn't right. Sorry , I digressed. Women have shaved for years and in our culture it is expected. curious. Your body. If you want to shave it. GO! ps think epilator
    regent,

My suggestion is to tell her why you want to shave your legs and then ask her if she would be bothered by it. While it is true that you don't have to ask permission, you should be sensitive to your wife's feelings. At the same time, since she is somewhat accepting she is likely sensitive to yours and will understand your desire.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

No... because she might not know what she likes and you might be asking to shave while she hears I'm crossing over to the dark side... Just do it, but first ask her how she keeps from getting incrown hairs after shaving and how she keeps hers so smooth.
    Chickie

Prettytoes; as a new Fem who just told my wife about my sideline, I would say respect her wishes, maby with time all things will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by wadevikingfan View Post
    if you want to shave your legs, then do it....shaving your legs is no big deal..a lot of men already do it...she probably won't even say anthing anyway...the lady that i have been seeing for 6 months has said nothing about my legs, and she has no idea about my cross dressing....
    They are your legs and there is no reason for you to ask permission to shave them. Did your wife ask your permission to shave her legs?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    . . .I love my wife very much, and I have a lot of respect for her, which is why I would hesitate to just do it.!
    There you go, that makes you a great person. Always go slow with the changes. By all means ask. No matter how she answers, give her a big hug.

Kitty

For sure you should ask her how she would feel about it before you just up and go for it. Think of it as a chance to open up a meaningful dialogue about both your needs and desires regarding crossdressing. She sounds very considerate and maybe this will help her comfort lever around the issue. Keep us posted on how it works out.

Ameli

I find the trust your in your wife of you telling her everything is more then anything, by talking with her about thing she will be more at ease with your life style, my wife has become my best friend

good luck
    Roxann

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    I think you should definitely talk about it with her .... out of simple courtesy. I hope she loves your shaved legs as much as my wife loves mine. I started shaving my legs 10 years ago (wife was OK with it then .... just OK, not overjoyed). And now she would be VERY disappointed if I stopped shaving them.
    Love

Lynne

The first time i shaved my legs, i asked here what was the best way to do it, and then waited for her response. After 25yrs married just last week i shaved all my chest and she still hasn't said anything about it or even noticed,

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    The why question is this; Why in the heck is she washing your things? Do you not know how to run the washer? I would be thinking, "Wow, he wants to be more feminine, and yet he still wants to be the 'man' in the relationship, leaving me with the washing."
    When i still lived with my wife I was not allowed to do the laundry!