Thread: Coming out to my cousin

Thumbs up Coming out to my cousin

Roughly about two or three weeks ago, my cousin contacted me via my boy Facebook profile about hanging out. The last time I hung out with him was back in 1998 when I had requested my parents to send me to the East Coast to get back in touch with my cousins and relatives over there.

We then communicated several times back and forth that day, first inviting him for drinks at the Abbey in West Hollywood, then ultimately settling for dinner at the Stinking Rose in Beverly Hills with his partner and husband. They were visiting California so that my cousin can renew his passport here since the only place he can do it is, well, here.

For the rest of the day, I labored whether or not I should go as Lexine. Finally, as I neared the end of my work day, I decided to just show up as my boy self and hang out with him, his husband, and his husband's colorful friends.

Later that night, we ultimately ended up at this place in West Hollywood called Fiesta Cantina where we hung out in the patio. There I met more of my cousin's husband's friends and engaged in some mild conversation with them. Little did I know that my cover was going to be blown.

So this guy shows up holding about 4-5 cups of drinks and quickly sets his drinks on our table. He then verbally apologizes and asks if he could just put his drinks temporarily at our place while they find a new spot. His voice somewhat sounded familiar so I tried to get a good look and see if I knew him.

Our eyes locked for a split second and I examined his face. I then exclaimed, "Carlos?!" to which he replied shouting and screaming afterwards, "LEXI!" He then proceeded to attack hug me, called me "girl," and proceeded to catch up with me on what's been going on since I hadn't seen him since March. I then whispered to him that that my cousin doesn't know of Lexi yet and told him to call me "Alex" while we were hanging out. Also, keep in mind that this is also the first time my friend has ever hung out with me as a boy.

In any case, I used the excuse that Halloween is coming up and started asking people about their Halloween plans. I used this opportunity to then show my cousin a picture of my Halloween outfit from last year where I dressed up as Alice and the Queen of Hearts. My cousin was extremely surprised, loved the look, and asked as to why I didn't meet him as Lexi because I clearly passed as a genetic female. I told him I respected the time that we didn't hang out and didn't want to shock him. I also told him that my mom doesn't know anything about it, nor do any of my family.

As the night drew to a close, I then hugged him goodbye and told me that the next time he visits that I should meet him as Lexi. I smiled and told him I would and we both parted ways, anxious to hear from him as to when he's coming back to California to visit.
    Last edited by Lexine; 09-19-2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Cleaned up grammar

The stars were lined up, to force what should have been... Congratulations...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Well if you are going to get outed, it sounds like the right one to be outed in front of. Being out and about, it was bound to happen sooner or later, glad you weren't with your mom and dad.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    There is a saying that loosely goes..."Life's what happens when we are busy making other plans." As Intertwined stated...the stars aligned for this night......Happy you had a good experience...be sure and tell carlos Thanks as well!
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    The stars were lined up, to force what should have been... Congratulations...
    Thank you! This is the second time I've come out to a family-ish member this year. I'm still not sure whether to tell my parents or not since they will most likely never see this side of me interacting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Well if you are going to get outed, it sounds like the right one to be outed in front of. Being out and about, it was bound to happen sooner or later, glad you weren't with your mom and dad.
    Tina B.
    I agree, though I'm only out in West Hollywood every so often, so this makes this chance encounter with Carlos really incredible and fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy_Marie View Post
    There is a saying that loosely goes..."Life's what happens when we are busy making other plans." As Intertwined stated...the stars aligned for this night......Happy you had a good experience...be sure and tell carlos Thanks as well!
    Oh, I haven't told Carlos yet! I probably should and find out when we can hang out again! But he's a little too wild, so we'll see!