Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween is just around the corner!

Halloween is just around the corner!

So here's my dilemma. I live with two other guys in an apartment off campus in college. Now, a few nights ago, I thought I'd let them into my secret life as Alexa. I know, you're probably thinking, "What?! You told your roomies you're a CD?!". Yes. I did. And they were oddly understanding and accepting of it. HUGE load of my back. But now that I know they know, I wanna dress up for halloween, I just don't know how to go about it. Do I just tell them what my costume plans are for halloween? Assuming we do go and party this halloween, do I still go through with it? I've gone out dressed, but it wasn't in a college town. On a side note, one of the guys I live with has a girlfriend, yet she doesn't know, how do I explain how, I, a genetic, straight male, am as good, if not better than her at applying makeup? (Which... I totally feel I am) . I just have sssssooo many questions about CDing and all hallows eve, as if I do dress up, this would be my first Halloween that I do dress. Please help me out girls! Any advice would truly be welcome!

If it was me, I would not try to outdo the rommates girlfriend, instead I would downplay my CD knowledge by asking if she would be so kind as to come over and help apply the makeup "borrowed for the occcasion".

Platinum Member
    well, now that you're out to the roomies, why not just dress as you want for Halloween? They probably expect it, first of all. And as for the roomie's girlfriend, its inevnitable that she'll find out. When she asks, you can tell her the truth...gm, straight, etc, and had a lot of practice. But for diplomatic reasons, I'd avoid comparing your makeup skills to hers.

Aspiring Member
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by gretchen2; 11-02-2011 at 06:27 PM.

If i were in your position, i would just ask the roommate if he would mind if I ask his girlfriend for help for Halloween. And then i am sure, he would then tell that to his gf about your request and also tell her you are a CD. Then you and her can get together and have fun choosing an outfit.

Since they know, you should do it. Many guys dress up as women who are not CDers otherwise and everyone gets a kick out of it. I find the better you look the more people enjoy it, just don't overdue trying to act feminine because it rarely looks right. You can do the slaptick type costume, but it has been done too much...you are best off picking a female character costume and doing your best to look like a woman wearing that costume. If your friends are in to doing a common theme you can be a female character of their group. The best policy is to look respectible so you don't gross out your friends. Ask the roommates girlfriend to help you shop if you need it.
    Chickie

I don't see a problem either. Once you came out to your roommates it is just a matter of time before girlfriends know. Pick a cute or sexy female character and build a costume if you are talented. I find many of the store costumes to be really cheaply made. Have fun! It's Halloween!
    Sally

Just go out and give it your best! I mean you're out with your roommates right? Why stop there with them? You might be genuinely surprised as to her reaction! You know you've "WOW"'d them when initially they start laughing at the thought and idea of it, then all of a sudden you come out all beautiful and pretty and all the snickering and laughing stops and they can't help but take you a little more seriously. I wouldn't even compare makeup skills with someone else just because people improve over time.

the happy camper
    There's a good chance your roomie is going to tell his gf regardless of what you do. Assume she already knows.

Unless you are openly gay, don't ask for her help with your makeup. There's too much potential for jealousy there.

Dress your best, go out with your friends, and have a great time.

Openly gay or not, do not flirt with your roomies.

Thank you girls for all your suggestions. I know I shouldnt compare makeup skills and I agree that there is much room for jealousy in this situation with the GF. Now, what do I do as far as the costume goes? Like I said, this is the first time I will be dressing in a women's costume, and I have caught myself looking at costumes in the past, but I was never serious with going through with it. Now that I'm 99% posistive I will be dressing up, I have no idea what to go as! I've looked online, and there are hundreds, if not thousands of outfits to choose from!

To narrow down some of the costumes, I want something that'll make my shoulders look smaller, as they are, simply put, very masculine shoulders, and I don't want anything that'll expose my midsection, due to past events, it's not a very pretty sight. I'm considering something with a skirt, or something that'll be jumpsuit-esque. I'm a huge fan of marvel and dc superheroes also.

Gold Member
    I know that I will be putting on my French Maids outfit for sure; Then scare the kids coming for their candy. LOL
    Rader

Lol. Well, that would be fun, another thing for me to consider is that I'm a broke college student!

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by alexa21 View Post
    To narrow down some of the costumes, I want something that'll make my shoulders look smaller, as they are, simply put, very masculine shoulders, and I don't want anything that'll expose my midsection, due to past events, it's not a very pretty sight. I'm considering something with a skirt, or something that'll be jumpsuit-esque. I'm a huge fan of marvel and dc superheroes also.
    Personally, I would choose something with a skirt in order to show off my legs. Shave the legs, and get some sexy thigh-high stockings for them.

To help balance the shoulders, I suggest getting a waist-cincher, and either padded panties or a crinoline to go under the skirt. Getting the right size breasts will also help. Unless you have very muscular biceps, I would consider going with bare arms instead of trying to cover them up. I think long sleeves can actually call more attention to big shoulders.

Don't worry a lot about passing, just try to look good on your own terms. It's Halloween, and wherever you go, it's unlikely that you will be the only guy in drag. So don't try to look better than the girls, just try to look better than that other guy in the dress.

Get-er--done! Your roomies already know, so let his girlfriend in on the 'secret'! I see no problem! Have fun! Hugs!
    Last edited by Cynthia Anne; 09-20-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Does your school have an Athletics department? I'm thinking cheerleader...

Might be a good opportunity to interact with someone on the cheerleader squad. Tell them your idea, ask where they get the uniforms, etc. Best solution might be to borrow their uniform and pom pons. You might even get a date, she can dress as a male cheerleader. Maybe she will help with makeup.

If all goes well you can come out to her too either as a friend or to further the relationship.
    Last edited by Heisthebride; 09-20-2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Auto spell error
    Rebecca Bas

Alright, I've narrowed my options down to these costumes and more. Let me know what you girls think! It's a combination of super-heroines and fantasy girls. I especially LOVE the green "Eve" costume, the ruched front just makes me go GAGA!
    Attached Images Attached Images

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I like the blue Tinkerbelle
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

the happy camper
    In order of preference:

1. Purple Boots!! I love boots!! Maybe not a great choice, though, since you're on a budget. But, WOW!
    2. Blue fairy. This would probably be your best bet. It has the full skirt to help offset your shoulders. You can probably arrange the top so that you don't have to worry about the forms showing. Also, you can get a pair of silver sandals from Payless without spending a lot of money.
    3. Eve. Very sexy. You'll want some padding for your hips. You might want to go with lower heels.
    4. Robin. Hmmm... a guy dressed as a girl dressed as a guy. Personally, I'm not very crazy about this one. If I tried it, I'm afraid I would just look like Robin in a skirt.
    5. Green Lantern. At least Robin gets a skirt, this would do nothing to disguise my manly figure. Maybe you can pull it off, but it would be hopeless on me.

Platinum Member
    For me it's #1 if you don't do it you'll hate yourself for not doing it.

Orchid

I will admit, that any kind of male super-horoine, like spiderman, robin, batman (tentative, since there is a bat-girl), superman, and any other male superhero wouldnt do me good. The purple boots costume is actually donatello from the ninja turtles, but I just can't get past the boots... *trance-like state* so shiny and faminine... Back to reality, LOL. I'm crazy about the Eve costume tho... Argh! why is this ssssooo hard?!?! LOL

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Wow, do it up full girl, babe. College is only four years. You'll just be remembered as the trailblazer CD that had the courage to do your own thing. Don't get old not doing this thing like my generation did. Your roomies will be celebrities for housing with you. Oh yeah, do up every holiday in dresses. Enjoy life now!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I mean if all else fails, I could always just dress up as Alexa like I would any other time, I mean, I know it would be my casual wear, but to everyone else it would still be a costume right?

Trust me you told your roomie, his GF knows and it was within minutes after you told him. Do your best and let them know how good you can look
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

I'm pretty partial to Robin...but I dressed like him as a kid...