Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What length skirt do you prefer to wear in public?

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

What length skirt do you prefer to wear in public?

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

This question may have been asked before, but I can't find it!! I know many of us wear skirts when we go out in public, and I am curious as to the length of skirt you prefer! I own skirts that barely cover me to skirts that reach my ankles!! But I prefer to wear skirts that either come just to my knees, or slightly below my kneees!

I have gone out in longer skirts, but feel I get a lot more looked at when doing so! I just got back from being out to lunch, and am wearing a skirt that stops just above my knees!! It is one of my favorites!! Of course I know that wearing a skirt like that means that I have to remember to keep my legs together!! Espcially if I am sitting where people can look directly at me!!

So the question to all of you skirt wearers is, what length skirt do you prefer?? Whether you do go out in public or not is really of no consequence!! In your own residence you can wear whatever!! But out in public, what is your choice??
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Aspiring Member Longing2be-Trisha's Avatar
    I prefer a dress down to the knees and also down to the ankles.

Hugs
    Trisha

I also prefer my skirt or dress length to be just below the knees, or longer if I'm wearing boots.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I also prefer my skirt or dress length to be just below the knees, or longer if I'm wearing boots.
    I agree with Marla I couldn't have said it better.

Orchid

When I go out, I try to pass and blend in so I prefer knee length, above or below depending on my mood. I'm looking for a nice ankle length skirt so I don't have to wear hose. I don't shave my legs so I need to wear a thick pair of hose or double up.

When I go out I too am trying pass, so it depends on what others are wearning mainly. The skirts I prefer to go out in are below the knee.. one an A-line and the other a pencil. But I have gone out in a denim mini a 5-6 inches above my knees, but also with boots not heels!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Above the knees, always above the knees for me.

But not as short as my Avatar / Profile pic. At least not in public.

Most of the time in the summertime I wear denim skirts a little over the knees instead of shorts with an otherwise masculine presentation - man's shirt, man's pair of sandals, and no purse (the skirts have adequate pockets).

I also like to wear maxi-dresses around the house and neighborhood in commando mode as what some Scotsmen do with kilts.

Johanna (male name John)
    Last edited by JohnH; 09-24-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Silver Member
    From just below the knee (usually a skirt suit or similar office wear) to mid-calf, sometimes all the way down to the ankles. With my short, thick thighs anything more than an inch about the knee isn't really practical.

Stephanie, it is interesting, I would think longer skirts would draw less ire from others, and that shorter skirts where you show more leg could be perceived as more "provocative" (others thinking you are looking for "that kind" of attention) and therefore draw more negative attention. BTW, did you happen to appear in a documentary years ago? I remember seeing one with a gal from GA who had a very similar story and presentation (and even called herself "sissy")

Well I tend to wear shorter skirts and certainly get away with it without any adverse looks or comments. then I am fairly tall and slim with nice legs. I always try to look smart rather that tarty which helps. Only yesterday I was out in town and some guys errecting scaffolding gave me a wolf whistle which I take as a compliment. A lot is to do with what suits your build and how confident one is. Then I don't actually like long skirts, only on other people do they seem to look good. I sometimes wear heels when out again without any problems of drawing attention. I am afraid I don't go along with the dress to fit in school it's too boring when there are so many lovely clothes to wear with gorgeous colours and designs ect, I dress to please myself and that's the real joy for me the variety of choice. We are all different. Daniel

A little below the knee is my preference.
    Hugs, Carole

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    It matters on the weather nice and sunny up to the knees cloudy or rain below the knees.

Just above the knees. My legs are the only good feature I have.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    For me it depends on the time of year and where I'm going. If it's casual shopping on a Saturday afternoon in the summer, then I usually wear just above the knee skirts (like just above my knee cap). If I'm going out to a club on a warm summer evening then I usually wear a dress of the same length or maybe slightly shorter. In the winter, for casual shopping or whatever, I prefer a below the knee denim skirt with boots and for winter evenings (say I'm going out to dinner) I usually wear below the knee or tea length dresses.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

As a tall girl I tend to prefer long skirts and dresses as I think that they look better on me. My wife says that I have a nice set of gams, but I don't want to flaunt that too much while trying to blend in!

Now for events where I know the people are accepting, above the knee is fun. My wife and I share some clothes and her knee-length dresses are ooh-la-la on me!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I tend to wear dressy skirts and hot weather skirts just above the knee. Denium skirts I wear longer. With a scar from surgury on my left knee I should always wear longer skirts.
    joank
    Southern California

Depends upon the weather. The colder, the longer.

In summer, the hem is usually somewhere between just above and just below the knee.

In winter, ankle-length, though not so long that I step on the hem going up or down stairs.

This isn't a hard-and-fast rule, though. Sometimes I just get an urge to wear a particular long skirt in summer, or a particular short skirt in winter. YMMV.

I like the length to hit around the knee. I'm way passed the mini skirt.

Renee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [SIZE="2"]Huggs, Renee [/SIZE]

I should be passed the mini skirt look and I must say that most of my skirts are above the knees but not that short. My SO tells me that I have nice legs and I always wear stockings to help the look. I do like my skirts above the knees and have woren the one in my avator out in Vegas. A few looks but who knows you out there. Boots and heels, no tennis shoes in femme.

have not made it out of the house yet !!So mine are very short !

I also have skirts and dresses of varying lengths. I cannot say I have a preference for any particular length. I like what is stylish and appropriate, and try to avoid the "mutton dressed as lamb" look, i.e. don't want to wear shirts too short for my age. Things which give me problems is that 1. since I'm 5'11 1/2" most dresses are short on me, 2. it's difficult to find long size dresses, and 3. since men tend to have shorter legs for height than women, the height factor is accentuated. The result is I can't wear most dresses which are intended for average height women. E.g., I bought a long, flared summer dress, strapless, and it was almost mid-calf, 5" above my ankles, where it would have been ankle length on a 5'6" woman.

Prefer! Now there's a word that can be answered in one four letter word! I 'prefer' to wear a MINI! But at my age I wear knee length!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have really great legs, so I love to wear skirts that come to mid-thigh, but I also like to make sure that it's long enough to cover my butt. This is a challenge, because I have curvature of the spine. Of course, this is for parties and charity events, not for casual dress or restaurant. For regular wear, when I wear skirts I go for about 2-3 inches above the knee. I have one longer skirt that goes over the knee, but I only like wearing it with boots.

I also like to wear short shorts. I do that as both Rex and Debbie.

I have tomboy knees so go with just under the knee to mid calf.
    I also prefer a bit of an A line or flare.
    It just creates a nicer line for me
    A short tight skirt seems to highlight a lack of hips for me.

A modest just below the knee for me as well. I don't want to be a blinding light everyone stops to stare at. OH crap they do that anyway but that don't mean I need to add to the situation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace