Thread: Voice

Voice

How do you girls work on your voice?
    Yes, I do like to dress

go on you tube and search for vocal feminization
    man, i feel like a woman

record, listen, record, listen, tear out hair, record, listen, cry, record, listen, look at youtube people with flawless voices, get jealous, record, listen, try to do strange things with your larynx, fail...give up and have some dinner.

Follow these handy steps, and you too can have a nice meal.

I had a singer say once that you need to learn to yoddle. Not sure if I spelled it right but your supposed to learn to do it and apparently it helps you change your pitches. I know it seems corny but oh well

The strangest feeling when trying to exercise muscles of throat which we never pay much attention to before. It is almost as strange as exercising muscles of your eye to do what you want them to do instead of focusing by them selves. But said that it is possible, I am by far not the best example of good progress but I don't give up and will get there
    Last edited by Inna; 09-25-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Go to YouTube, watch all the incredible videos on voice feminization, then start to practice removing the bass resonance from your voice. For me, the easy time to do this was in the car on the way to/from work. I have 20 min. each way and it didn't take very long to get a rather passable femme voice.

However, if you think that's the end, welcome to reality! That's only the beginning. The next issue is feminine usage of works, and the fact that since you don't have a bass resonance anymore you have to use your voice differently for inflection. The best thing you can do is to listen to women speak and pick up the details so you can practice on your own.

It's a long process but it's very fun!!! Oh, and lastly, learn how to giggle

tina

Practice by talking in the highest pitch you can for as long as you can. Keep doing this until your throat is tired. Drink some water, swallow some honey, relax your throat. Try again. Repeat. Try singing like a girl. Or at least the highest voice you can. Keep in mind that the highest pitch you make will NOT be your feminine voice (at least I hope not). What it does is allow to reach a better range in your voice, so that it's not cracking or "skipping" when you try to reach that middle ground.

A good way to practice is by pretending to be Ling from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

Follow this link.....she is funny as well as informative http://www.youtube.com/user/candiFLA
    Life's a dance you learn as you go
    Sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow
    Don't worry 'bout what you don't know
    Life's a dance you learn as you go

With great difficulty. I am now finding it hard to start a conversation and basically get into female voice straight away. I have found it and after a bit of warming up I can find it again.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I don't work on my voice at all!! I was told, many years ago and even more recently, by voice trainers that with the masculine voice that I have, I could never make it sound feminine! It is too deep and somewhat coarse, and although it is good on the radio and telephone it will always be definitely masculine!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I am using a voice feminization system I downloaded from the internet. It is working for me and I can change between voices rather easily. However, I have always been a singer and have sung in Falsetto frequently and I think that more than anything else has aided me in my voice practice. I am not sure how passable my femme voice really is but my SO says she can tell a huge difference in my voice and she thinks it is passable.

Danni
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Last year I went to a voice teacher and she helped me a lot. She gave me exercises to do and they seem to help. I will need a touch up lesson or two this year. Working with Youtube helps and I can recommend Melanie Speaks. Just Google it.

Think I'm a bit lucky in that regard. I have a naturally androgynous voice that is either/neither male or female. I'm often called maam on the phone or in other situations where I'm not totally visible to the other person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Car as a "Practice Room" for Voice Training

After choosing Melanie Anne Phillips approach, I would work on talking in my female voice in the car, with my wireless headset perched on my ear, so that people would think I was talking on my cell phone. (Oh, and I made sure my window was up )

I'd also record my voice while in the car, to check my progress - I had to speak up to be heard above the road noise. And singing along with the radio or CD in a female voice while in the car (no matter how bad I really sounded!) helped me progress faster than by just practicing speaking alone.

It's taken me over a year, though now I can speak convincingly in a female voice quite spontaneously. This for me gave me a big boost in confidence to successfully, consistently blend.

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    I don't work on my voice at all!! I was told, many years ago and even more recently, by voice trainers that with the masculine voice that I have, I could never make it sound feminine! It is too deep and somewhat coarse, and although it is good on the radio and telephone it will always be definitely masculine!!
    Seams that Kathe Perez thinks everyone with no exception can master female voice, but determination is the key!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Seams that Kathe Perez thinks everyone with no exception can master female voice, but determination is the key!!!!
    Yeah, no kidding. Have you seen this video of one of her students?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJKXJIL8DQY

I just talk a little softer, and a little slower, and just a touch higher. But, the main thing is to keep working on it!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"